June Weight Loss Team

Options

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm part of a group on here called June Starters, which began last June 1st. It's coming back around to June again and our numbers have waned, so all of you feel free to come on over and join our ranks! There's about 10 of us still keeping up with it, and we would love to add more during our month anniversary! :) All you have to do is go search for June Starters in the search bar and it will come up with us. We always do a new post every Monday, so look for today's (possibly tm's date b/c it's a holiday) date and join up! :flowerforyou:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect place for me. I've been on MFP for a few weeks now but can't seem to get it together. I lost 40 pounds back in 2004-2005 and I've stayed pretty fit since then finishing 2 half marathons, completing P90X, but these last 6 months I've gotten away from my running and have been doing a lot of emotional eating. My youngest daughter has bipolar and it's been a real battle since last fall, and I think I've let it get the best of me. I feel like I'm sinking, and I absolutely need to get on top of this. My oldest daughter asked me to start a weight loss challenge with her starting tomorrow so this will be perfect. I will post my starting weight tomorrow (not looking forward to that) and then weigh in every Tuesday. I'm planning to get back to my running more this first week and the following week I will be starting the Insanity program hoping to shake things up and maybe get that spark back. I will turn 40 next January, and my goal is to finish my first full marathon next March.

Good luck everyone and thanks JoJo for getting this going.

Goal Weight: 135 (hoping to get there before my next half marathon in November).

Mini goals: Run 11-15 miles weekly.
    Complete Insanity.
    Eat clean!
    Finish my 3rd half marathon in November.

Long-Term Goal: Run Marathon March 2011.

Favorite Quote: Forget past mistakes, forget failures, forget everything except for what you're going to do now and do it! :bigsmile:
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    nadine2unfit2bqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi!

This group seems to be growing very quickly but I would love to join as well!

I've been finding it really hard to stay on track and could use the extra accountability. I like the idea of this group being about logging in with your own personal goals. So many of the groups are very specific and I've found it hard to find one that fits all my different goals! Now I can put them all in one place!

My goals for June;

goal 1 - lose 2lbs per week. I am about 128lbs so this would put me around 120lbs at the end of the month.
    goal 2 - successfully complete weeks 2 - 5 of the victoria half marathon training program. I started this two weeks ago, but had a
    lapse last week and didnt do aaannnyyy running. I just broke up with my boyfriend of two years and spend the week
    partying instead. (oops!)
    goal 3 - no alcohol!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm joining too! My stats:

Start- 205 lbs
    Current- 185.4 lbs
    Goal- 135 lbs

I want to lose 8 pounds this month.
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    nadine2unfit2bqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    roadchic18 - I plan on running my first half marathon this october. Feel free to share your running weekly goals, stats and tips with me!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join in! I weigh in on Fridays..my goal to lose by June 30th will be 13 pounds.
  • sweetgal2301
    sweetgal2301 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will join!!!!!

I am at 139 lbs and my goal is to get to 120 lbs. But I don't think it's attainable in a month. But I would love to get to 132 lbs by end of this months which is a 7 lbs loss. I am currently at a weight loss plateau and the scale is been mean to me. I think it's because I increased the amount of protein and exercise building more muscles that weigh me down more. But please I would love to have people motivate me.

• roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hey nadine2unfit2bqueen, I will certainly do that. I don't actually start my HM training until next month, but right now I just need to get back to 11 miles weekly! I've really fallen off the proverbial treadmill if you will over these last few months so I'm going to need to make up for lost time. My husband and I have run the last 2 Battleship North Carolina HM's here in Wilmington, we sort of made it our tradition so we would always have a reason to stay fit. I'm hoping to keep up with him this year :smile:

Good luck in your training. It's absolutely worth it in the end!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99263-june-starters-may-31

Here is my group's new post! Feel free to join new June Starters!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 pounds in June too.

I'm 190 pounds at present, I normally weigh in on a Monday.

Fingers crosssed and good luck to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • whiskey01cat
    whiskey01cat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You guys seem like a great group and I would love to join! I normally weigh in on Mondays and my goal for June is 10 pounds.

todays weight...154
    goal weight... 144
  • vaughn2005
    vaughn2005 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new to my fitness pal, but I am in. My goal for the month of June is 10lbs. I am hoping I can do it and hopefully this will help
  • JoJo_69
    JoJo_69 Posts: 47
    Options
    Wow were becoming a great little group here, good luck to each and everyone of you.................
    Great stories too ladies, good luck to you in training for the marathon.......
    Come back for motivation & support we can all support each other..........

Well it starts tomorrow ladies & gents........................:tongue:

JoJo_69 - to lose 14lbs
    crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 9lbs
    Alexandrea888 - to lose 10lbs
    Caramel827 - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs
    Justahorsen - to lose 10lbs
    Sotonguetied - to lose 5lbs
    Marvey1214 - to lose 10lbs
    aimeeclaire - to lose 4lbs
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    Wildechikk - to lose 5lbs
    Flwyland - to lose 6lbs
    Roadchic18 - to get to 135lbs
    nadine2unfit2bqueen - to lose 8lbs
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Angel79202 - to lose 13lbs
    sweetgal2301 - to lose 7lbs
    tiarapants - to lose 10lbs
    Mamahutson - to lose 10lbs
    vaughn2005 - to lose 10lbs
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join too, my weight right now is 174.4 and i'd like to lose 8lbs for my anniversary at the end of june :)
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi i would like to join this group if not too late.

current weight 154.8lb as of 2 weeks ago, didnt loose any last week dont know whether at a plateau at the moment, will now tomorrow as tuesdays is my weigh day.

i would like to loose 7lbs by end of june.

good luck to you all with your goals!!

thanks wendy
  • JoJo_69
    JoJo_69 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey wendytobin, its never to late to join, anyone is welcome anytime ♥

I am not sure how you ladies want to do this, you can either come in update the list with your loses (by copy pasting the list of people) or you can leave a message let me know what your lose is and I will update the master list?

Either way, we will get there, if no one has updated the list, I will send you a reminder message...............

Come on we can do it!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    Okay...I am going to join also! I am going to make my goal for the month of June 5lbs. :)
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Count me in too please. Starting weight is 217 and I want to lose 7lbs by 6/30.

I have to take the kids to the park but will be back to post my background. Thanks!
  • cina409
    cina409 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would like to jump in! I so need to release some pounds for life! I have several events and vacations coming up and need to step it up. I'm not setting any goals, I just want to release as much as I can and keep it going until I reach 135 pounds.
    817275.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in.

Starting Weight (Feb 9th) - 211
    Current Weight (May 31st) - 183
    Goal Weight - 150

I want to be ten pounds lighter by July 1st.