June Weight Loss Team

Options

Replies

• nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! Nadine...I am right there with ya! You go girl! You are really killing it this week! I think I am killing this week too! I went spinning for two hours this morning and managed to sneak in some core excercises. I finally figured oiut that I needed to eat more calories and less carbs, so now I am starting the South Beach Diet! I haven't weighed-in, but I just feel good. I didn't pick and pinch little bits of foods as I usually do. I ate what I measured out and that was it! I went to bed after I waas done eating, and that was that. Nikki:1-Food:0! Congrats and good luck to everyone! My next weigh-in is on next Thursday so I will let you all know my new weight then! I
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    soo many posters on here, i love it! and i definitely agree about making this roll over to future months, great idea! and it sounds like a lot of you are doing an AWESOME job, so great work. it's definitely motivating me to want to try harder. there is still plenty of time for all of us to reach our goals, and i know we will! have a great day everyone :]
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    nadine2unfit2bqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey Kizzy - it's been a weird idea of mine to go vacation on a dude ranch in Arizona; if you happen to know anything about where is best to go let me know!
  • whiskey01cat
    whiskey01cat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I have to share something that just happened to me…sorry in advance for a rambling post lol :smile:

I was just finishing up a sweat fest on my treadmill as my 17 year old daughter and her friend passed by to go down to the kitchen. I then overhear the following conversation:

Amy(my daughters friend)- dang I think every time I come here your mother is on the treadmill, like she’s in shape what the deal with all the exercise?

Haley(my daughter)-No dude you should have seen her a year ago before she lost a bunch of weight and started working out, she was a total nut bag! Like she was always yelling about something, cranky all the dang time. Like I totally hated coming home from school cause we knew she was gonna complain about something. :mad:

In walks my 15 year old son (Richard)-What you guys talking about?

Haley- mom when she was nutzo!

Richard- oh yeah seriously she totally was! Hey do you remember those little purple pills ( wellbutrin an anti anxiety medication I stopped taking 6 months ago)she used to take…I used to dream about putting extras in her morning coffee. (they all laugh)

Haley- so like now aliens have invaded her body (they all laugh) she’s totally happy all the time, she like dances around the house and seems to find really stupid stuff funny. :laugh:

Richard- Like do you remember that stupid blue handicap sign she would use everywhere we went? Now she frigging parks at the end of the parking lot and makes us walk for extra exercise…kinda annoying actually. ( I don't even know where the handicap sign is now)

Haley- dude seriously the worst part is how her and my dad are now, like before he was lucky if she looked up when he came home from work, now it’s totally gross cause they like make out in the kitchen for like 10 minutes when he comes home.

Amy- maybe I should tell my dad to buy my mom a treadmill for Christmas lol :laugh:

Kids leave and I go into the garage where my hubby is. I describe the conversation to him and wait for a reply…Total silence.

Eventually he looks at me with a smirk and says…”every single word they said was the truth”. You’re a completely different person from who you were a year ago, your back to being that girl I fell in love with at 15 years old. :heart:

Ok so let me say my husband has never in anyway complained about my weight, attitude or medical condition.

Here’s the thing-HOW could I have become this horribly cranky person and not realize it? Now I’m wondering a few things…

While I was doing the little happy dance in the dressing room because I finally fit into a size 10 (started in a 22) were my children doing their own happy dance because I went an entire week without yelling at someone?

When I started to become more affectionate toward my husband did he do the happy dance lol?

Finally- How did I celebrate the physical changes in my body without realizing I had made even bigger mental ones!
    :smile:
    Again sorry for the long rambling post, but today has been a real eye opener for me and I hope if I ever start to become that negative person again I’ll remember this post! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mamahutson-that was touching kind of a wakeup call to always examine our actions around others. Proud of you for the weight loss
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    sorry i dont know of any ranches...lol
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm glad we're going to continue this group. There are so many emotions going on for all of us all the time. ~ Kizzy, so sorry about your mom. I hope we can be a support system for you. :flowerforyou: ~ Roadchic, way to snap out of it. Buying new groceries is always easier than eating whatever is left. You can do this! ~ Anna, you can do this too. We're here for you. No more late night eating. Think of exercise and you'll go right back to sleep. :laugh: ~ Mama, at least you overheard the good parts too. It would have been harder to hear that a year ago.

It's been so warm here so at the store today, I decided to get lots of fruit to plan for the weekend. I also got yogurt and made a fruit salad. It was so delicious!!! I remember my mom making it with whipped cream and I wanted to find another way. The kids loved it too. I can't wait to have more tomorrow. Now I have to think of some health dinners (and lunch leftovers). Any ideas?
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I've been extremely virtuous this week and stayed within my calories, drank up all my water, plus upped my exercise.... and not lost an ounce! Maddening! xx
  • JoJo_69
    JoJo_69 Posts: 47
    Options
    Good morning ladies & gent(s)...................just been reading up on your new posts, well I have not had a very good friday and saturday going over on my calories both days ( :embarassed: ).
    But today is another day, just done a half hour workout on my wii (only 150 cals lost but hey its 150 cals) :tongue:
    Going to be good today as far as the food intake is concerned I am not going 1 cal over I MEAN IT lol.
    Welcome to all you newcomers, were a great motivation group, some fantastic people all here for the same reason.
    Right I now have some very heavy housework to do, few glasses of water due and hey more calories lost :laugh:
    Back later to catch up with you all again, I just love this group :flowerforyou: :love:

JoJo_69 - to lose 14lbs - lost 2lbs = 12lbs remaining
    crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 10lbs
    Alexandrea888 - to lose 10lbs
    Caramel827 - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs
    Justahorsen - to lose 10lbs
    Sotonguetied - to lose 5lbs
    Marvey1214 - to lose 10lbs
    aimeeclaire - to lose 4lbs
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    Wildechikk - to lose 5lbs - lost 1.6lbs = 3.4lbs remaining
    Flwyland - to lose 6lbs - lost 1lbs + 5lbs remaining
    Roadchic18 - to lose 5lbs
    nadine2unfit2bqueen - to lose 8lbs - lost 3.2lbs = 4.8lbs remaining
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Angel79202 - to lose 13lbs
    sweetgal2301 - to lose 7lbs
    tiarapants - to lose 10lbs
    Mamahutson - to lose 10lbs
    vaughn2005 - to lose 10lbs
    Spikess - to lose 8lbs
    wendytobin - to lose 7lbs - lost 1.2lbs = 5.8lbs remaining
    lisaosumarie - to lose 5lbs
    EboniA - to lose 7lbs
    Cina409 - any loss - 2lbs loss = endless
    DeathIsMyGift - to lose 10lbs - loss 2lbs = 8lbs remaining
    Nikkielivey - to lose 8lbs
    OSUWrestler - to lose 15lbs
    Corndog05 - to lose 12lbs
    RMX982 - to lose 15lbs
    Healthy1Gina - to lose 15lbs
    ifychudy - to lose 10lbs
    crystalfordham - to lose 10lbs
    365healthchallenge - to lose 8lbs - loss 3.2lbs = remaining 4.8lbs
    Winter0916 - to lose 15lbs
    Kizzym - to lose 5lbs
    ladybuggee - to lose 14lbs
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hello! I read this thread before but never posted to it! I would really love to join if there's room for one more! As I was reading some of the new posts I went and got myself a bottle of water instead of a second cup of coffee :) I think my goal for June will be 7 pounds. OMG, I will be so happy if I can do that this month. My original goal would have been 5 pounds, but I was up 2.2 this week, so hopefully that will disappear this week with a little extra!

crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Spikess - to lose 8lbs
    EboniA - to lose 7lbs
    RMX982 - to lose 15lbs
    ifychudy - to lose 10lbs
    Kizzym - to lose 5lbs
    tattoodfreek- to lose 7 pounds
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Good morning everyone so I just sat here and read through everyones post I must admit a great group of people with the same desire and minset. I love it and hope you all don't mind me joining!!

This is a real brief message for now and I will be back on to share more later......My hubby is walking through the house mumbling all I do is think about weightloss and being on the computer so I am going to do my chores on the list of to do's today and then come back and tell you all a little about me!!

My starting weight with MFP 168.8 that was the end of April and on last Monday I weighed in at 168.8 it was TOM so I hope that has something to do with it needless to say I was bummed and pledge not to weigh in no more til my B-day July 15th but I will weigh in at the end of the month for this group and then not again til my B-day!!

Goal by the end of June is to be down 11lbs I am over the 160's so I need to be in the 150's by the end of the month!!

crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Spikess - to lose 8lbs
    EboniA - to lose 7lbs
    RMX982 - to lose 15lbs
    ifychudy - to lose 10lbs
    Kizzym - to lose 5lbs
    cnbethea-to lose 11lbs
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    just a little update! weighed in and am down half a pound! will weigh again on thursday/friday :]

crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs
    Sotonguetied - to lose 5lbs - lost .5lbs = 4.5lbs remaining
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Spikess - to lose 8lbs
    EboniA - to lose 7lbs
    RMX982 - to lose 15lbs
    ifychudy - to lose 10lbs
    Kizzym - to lose 5lbs
    cnbethea-to lose 11lbs
  • iinnocence
    iinnocence Posts: 12
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to jump on the band wagon! This seems like the ultimate motivation, what a great idea!
    I weighed myself with morning and i'm 159.4... FINALLY under 160, hehe.
    My starting weight was 167
    Goal weight is 130
    But for this month, i'm hoping to finally hit under 150! I can't wait to see the numbers 14_!!
    Thanks again for this, incredible idea! =)
    I'm excited to start losing with all of you!!
  • iinnocence
    iinnocence Posts: 12
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to jump on the band wagon! This seems like the ultimate motivation, what a great idea!
    I weighed myself with morning and i'm 159.4... FINALLY under 160, hehe.
    My starting weight was 167
    Goal weight is 130
    But for this month, i'm hoping to finally hit under 150! I can't wait to see the numbers 14_!!
    Thanks again for this, incredible idea! =)
    I'm excited to start losing with all of you!!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    had a bit of a lazy day today:ohwell: , only done 102mins walk with dog, didnt get chance to do any cardio today. as i had to pick up husband and son from airport after their trip to Washington DC, back to good old england now with our nice weather.

have hopefully stayed within my cals today even though less burn with less exercise.

my weigh in is on tuesday so i am hoping i will see good results then, as this last week being by myself - where i thought i would have eaten badly i have done really well and exercised loads - so at least i didnt get bored and then eat, you know that vicious cycle!!!

great weight loss for everybody so far, keep it up we are doing great and i am sure we will reach our goals come the end of June. :flowerforyou:
  • annasid78
    annasid78 Posts: 99
    Options
    crking - to lose 5lbs
    Purenel - to lose 10lbs
    Janeabt - to lose 10lbs
    Annasid78 - to lose 6lbs -2.4lbs=3.6 remaining!!!!
    Sotonguetied - to lose 5lbs - lost .5lbs = 4.5lbs remaining
    pavenneh - to lose 10lbs
    MFPfriend - to lose 8lbs
    Spikess - to lose 8lbs
    EboniA - to lose 7lbs
    RMX982 - to lose 15lbs
    ifychudy - to lose 10lbs
    Kizzym - to lose 5lbs
    cnbethea-to lose 11lbs
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Okay now I'm back Hi everyone I am 34 about to turn 35 in July I am a mother of 4 beautiful kids and the wife of a marine and like many of you who are married my hubby really doesn't see anything wrong with my weight and happy right where I am. I on the other hand want to be back to my pre-marriage weight and I am not going to stop til I reach my goal. I have been battling with this for the last 5 years and I have reached the point of no return and I am ready to put this behind me once and for all. I am like Nikkieliivey in the fact when I am doing good I find ways to sabotage myself. So my main goal is to put that unwanted problem behind me for good.

I grew up the skinny kid sometimes being teased for being too small so early on in life I really never watched what I ate and I was always active because I was pretty much a tomboy always wanting to play all sports. So working out has never been an issue for me it has been my eating that finally caught up with me.(Proving that saying, "you can't out exercise a bad diet" to be true) My highest weight was 186 back in 2005 and this wasn't even due to pregnancy as my youngest was 2 it was from being comfortable knowing I was done having kids and I began to be comfortable in my marriage and life not really focused on being healthy and fit. So in Dec of 2005 is when it hit me and I started to focus on health and fitness once we received orders to California I was thinking I am moving to one of the most fit states in the country looking like a beach whale this is not going to work and then my journey began. I started losing the weight and was happy I did working out and taking classes I was on the right path by Aug of 2008 I had yo-yo myself finally down to 149 and was really excited not to far from my goal boy was I in for a treat We got orders back home to VA where every weekend it's a family event filled with eating and the weight started coming back almost to my starting weight I stopped myself in Nov 2009 at 181.4 and that's when I was like I can't do this anymore no more going back and forth I am tired of this yo-yo it's time to break this once and for all so ff to today I have lost some of the weight and I am happy I am now focusing on healthy eating I have a few things off here and there but I am being realistic I am not going to say I wont eat junk again I just know it wont be over 10% of my weekly in take. I have been hanging in the 160's for 2 mnths now and I am ready to put that behind me as well. I have some stressful things going on right now and it has been getting me off track with my workouts and eating.

I have now committed to continuing to my goal no matter what life events may happen I have to stay focus!!
    Yesterday I ran my first 5K and I prove to myself anything is possible if you put your mind to it!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    JoJo_69 Thanks for starting this group I think this will be a great place for me to check in and stay focus from month to month!!

Nikkieliivey You sound like you got a plan inplace to put the self sabotaging behavior behind you for good and that's great my one concern is what is your plan when you stop the diet because I have done many fad diets including this one and the weight tend to come back on with vegeance I am not trying to scare you I just want you to make sure you have things planned to keep the successful weightloss off you will achieve with the diet!!

Roadchic18 I am doing Insanity I just restarted on Monday as I had done the first month but missed some workouts each week and I was not happy about that so I restarted to focus more on doing it as it is designed. So we can share what we think about the program together I wish you well and just know I don't think I would have ever done a 5k or any long distance running before insanity it really helps with endurance so I know you will be right back where you were in no time!!

Mamahutson I really enjoyed reading your story I admit I was laughing at some points but really can see the truth in it glad your back to the mom your kids known and love and no longer the nut bag around the house!!!

Cina409 I read your motivational post to someone who had fell off the wagon and I knew then your the type of person I need to get me back in check when I fall off sounds like your a great motivator!!! Keep up the great work you have accomplished as well!!

You guys are all awesome and congrats to those who have lost weight so far!!!
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just a quick updateI just bought two pairs of size eight jeans for inspiration. Usually, I am afriad to buy them b/c I think "what if I fail", "this could be a waste of money", etc. but this time, I am determined. I hope to fit into them by my birthday (september 24th), which gives me a little under four moths to go froma sie 14/12 to 6/8. I think...no scratch that...I know I can do it...and if take a little longer than my birthday fine, it can be part of my halloween or thanksgiving outfit. I have stopped snacking aimlessly inbetween meals, and plan to never do it again. I have finally realied, nothing, truly nothing, tastes as good as being thin feels.

cnbethea- no worries! i soooo appreciate your concern! I have done SB before, and I never put back on the weight. I am very good about only eating good carbs, it is just that I tend to eat too much of them. I have lost 50 pounds with this diet and a similar one and haven't gained back more than 10 pounds...and that was from bad carbs, being on the road all the time, and unable to excercise as vigorously as usual...but I lost it once I returned to eating my normal good carbs. But, I am also planning on making a "good carb only" diet a way of living. I am not saying I won't eat breads, pastas, and rice, but I am only going to eat the healthy, whole grain tpes, and only in moderation. Thanks for pointing that out! It made me reaffirm my committment to making this a lifestyle change, and not just another diet. Please let me know what you think! I am totally welcome to critiques and advice...as long as I am losing weight and getting fitter, it's all good : )
  • whiskey01cat
    whiskey01cat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nikkieliivey- Just a quick updateI just bought two pairs of size eight jeans for inspiration. Usually, I am afriad to buy them b/c I think "what if I fail", "this could be a waste of money",

I'm right there with ya on this one! I bought a size 6 and a size 8 last week but walked around the store for an hour fighting the demon in my head that kept saying over and over...your never going to fit into these pants. :grumble:

I'm comfortably in a 10 now but the only way I can wear those 8's is if I do the whole wiggle in, lay down on the bed and don't inhale trick lol :ohwell:

I have them hanging on the wall in my kitchen for motivation....WE WILL GET INTO THOSE JEANS! Good luck :wink: