Peanut Butter!!!!!!!

Options
So everyday I measure out 2 tbsp of peanut butter that I eat w/ my apple..... is it weird that I wipe the container I brought it in with my finger----clean, so that I get every morsel??? :)

image.jpg

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No, and full fat or GTFO. I eat peanut butter every day. I take my vitamins with cheese and peanut butter so the fats can help absorb the fat soluble vitamins.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've been known to lick clean the jif-to-go cups...
  • Heidi_11913
    Heidi_11913 Posts: 54
    Options
    No, and full fat or GTFO. I eat peanut butter every day. I take my vitamins with cheese and peanut butter so the fats can help absorb the fat soluble vitamins.

I've always bought the reduced fat, so just what I'm used to :) mmmmmmm
  • Heidi_11913
    Options
    I've been known to lick clean the jif-to-go cups...

The to go cups seem to have more in them.... that to me, would be very dangerous!!!!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    try "better 'n peanut butter" its amazing! made with real peanuts but its only 100 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • Heidi_11913
    Options
    try "better 'n peanut butter" its amazing! made with real peanuts but its only 100 calories for 2 tbsp.

Just googled it and found it at a few stores around here... awesome, will definitely give it a try... Thank you! :) better than the 190 in my current PB
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing when I eat apples (and now that I've upped my calories, I get to have 4 tbsp! :drinker:)
    Perfectly normal :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

37880059.jpg
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

37880059.jpg

QFT.

Better n' Peanut Butter is neither "better" nor "peanut butter".
  • grandevampire
    grandevampire Posts: 242
    Options
    Even better, make your own! Throw 4 cups of raw unsalted peanuts into a food processor and let it process for about 5 minutes. It may go through a doughy phase at first, but keep it going and it turns into butter. Tada! Also works on almonds, hazelnuts, etc.

OT EDIT:

Ingredients of the pb pictured in the OP contains:
    PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SUGAR, PEA PROTEIN, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, MOLASSES, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, NIACINAMIDE, FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE, ZINC OXIDE, COPPER SULFATE, FOLIC ACID, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE.

Homemade contains:
    PEANUTS ;)
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I do not understand why people recommend Better n Peanut Butter or PB2. Absolutely nothing compares to real peanut butter. It may be more calories than you'd like but it's easy to find a spare 100 calories for a tablespoon of heaven!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It would be horribly wasteful if you didn't!!
  • taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why people recommend Better n Peanut Butter or PB2.
    Yes, I usually use regular peanut butter, or even chocolate peanut butter when I want a treat. I do keep PB2 on hand though, as it is easy to mix into certain things.
  • Heidi_11913
    Options
    Even better, make your own! Throw 4 cups of raw unsalted peanuts into a food processor and let it process for about 5 minutes. It may go through a doughy phase at first, but keep it going and it turns into butter. Tada! Also works on almonds, hazelnuts, etc.

OT EDIT:

Ingredients of the pb pictured in the OP contains:
    PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SUGAR, PEA PROTEIN, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, MOLASSES, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, NIACINAMIDE, FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE, ZINC OXIDE, COPPER SULFATE, FOLIC ACID, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE.

Homemade contains:
    PEANUTS ;)

I've actually 'pinned' this on Pinterest(I'm an addict!) ---have you actually made this? I do know the ingredients in Jif PB aren't very good... :( I'd really be interested in trying the homemade kind, if its as good!!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i do that too! and if it's a plate, i skip the finger wiping step and just lick it clean.

oh PS they have PB making stations at various grocery stores (at least where i live). they have honey roasted, plain, etc, and it just grinds up the peanuts right in front of you into your container. i've never tried it, but maybe now i will! i'm craving PB now!

AND i really want to try making THIS! http://www.gingerbearkitchen.com/2013/03/homemade-peanut-butter-chocolate-peanut-butter/
  • grandevampire
    grandevampire Posts: 242
    Options
    I've actually 'pinned' this on Pinterest(I'm an addict!) ---have you actually made this? I do know the ingredients in Jif PB aren't very good... :( I'd really be interested in trying the homemade kind, if its as good!!!

I have, and it's f'n delicious (in a good way!). Seriously takes you about 10 mins, if you have to shell the peanuts. If you've got a food processor (one cannot live without, really), what've you got to lose? Give it a go! :D I found this out by googling, actually, after I discovered that my beloved Skippy (the only brand I see here in France) contains pernicious palm oil. After one batch of homemade (yielded two small jam jars worth that has kept well for about 3-4 weeks) I have forever renounced store bought. :P

According to the MFP database, it isn't horribly caloric either. EDIT: This can obviously easily be figured out by weighing the pb and taking the nutritional value of that weight in raw peanuts, as, bingo, that is all that's in there.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just started eating all natural, organic almond butters and I can't eat that reduced fat JIF anymore.

Know what I noticed recently? The reduced fat JIF is not called peanut butter anywhere on the jar. It says Reduced Fat JIF, peanut butter spread (on the side) and then "25% less fat than peanut butter." Well wtf is this stuff then?
  • suchastruggle
    suchastruggle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Smucker's Natural - smooth or crunchy - no bad junk in it. Yum, yum, yum!! :love:
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You'll notice that reduced fat has way more carbs than the regular kind. Reduced-fat peanut butter has fewer peanuts' that contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and more of the refined carbs and sugar that spike blood sugar.