Peanut Butter!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My drawer at work has a jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl from PB&Co, Dark Chocolate Dreams from PB&Co, PB2, Skippy Natural Super Chunk, Skippy Natural Creamy and Nutella (lol).
  • KevinLamb77
    KevinLamb77 Posts: 87
    Options
    Peanut Butter is a hell of a drug
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I think all peanut butter lovers do this.
    I have tried different types of reduce fat peanut butter and they have been a disappointment, they never taste the same.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I always lick the measuring spoon when I eat hummus:)

As with so many reduced fat products, reduced fat Jif has more added sugar than the regular. Why would you want to eat peanut butter that has anything in it except maybe a little bit of salt? I eat 2 tablespoons of Smuckers Natural Chunky on 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a side of raw vegetables for lunch 5 days a week. That sandwich is 300 wonderfully delicious calories, worth every one.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I lick the measuring spoon and the knife I use to spread it on my bread with. :laugh:
    I JUST had a piece of Ezekiel Bread with MaraNatha Crunchy Almond Butter on it!:love:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My drawer at work has a jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl from PB&Co, Dark Chocolate Dreams from PB&Co, PB2, Skippy Natural Super Chunk, Skippy Natural Creamy and Nutella (lol).

PB&Co = the bomb. Good stuff!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do it too - I love my peanut butter!
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all! I love and have to have my peanut butter!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my favorite thing. If I had to pick a last meal, peanut butter would HAVE to be involved. I love the chunky kind though and they don't make the Reduced Fat in chunky.
  • grandevampire
    grandevampire Posts: 242
    Options
    I've actually 'pinned' this on Pinterest(I'm an addict!) ---have you actually made this? I do know the ingredients in Jif PB aren't very good... :( I'd really be interested in trying the homemade kind, if its as good!!!

I have, and it's f'n delicious (in a good way!). Seriously takes you about 10 mins, if you have to shell the peanuts. If you've got a food processor (one cannot live without, really), what've you got to lose? Give it a go! :D I found this out by googling, actually, after I discovered that my beloved Skippy (the only brand I see here in France) contains pernicious palm oil. After one batch of homemade (yielded two small jam jars worth that has kept well for about 3-4 weeks) I have forever renounced store bought. :P

According to the MFP database, it isn't horribly caloric either. EDIT: This can obviously easily be figured out by weighing the pb and taking the nutritional value of that weight in raw peanuts, as, bingo, that is all that's in there.

Btw, I threw a handful of hazelnuts into mine for kicks, as a "Take that, Nutella!" I can't say I put enough to taste them, but they didn't ruin the PB taste or texture either. I plan on attempting pure hazelnut and almond butter next when I've finished the last of the PB.

Horribly OT: Speaking of foods that are unbelievably simple to process/blend that I used to buy but will never have to again, hummus and almond milk. Try it!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Of course! I have a snack of carrot sticks and a 1oz portion cup full of Bolthouse Farms Caesar dressing most days and after the carrots are gone I lick the cup clean. I love that stuff!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you had to cover sean beans face for that LOL.......
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Even better, make your own! Throw 4 cups of raw unsalted peanuts into a food processor and let it process for about 5 minutes. It may go through a doughy phase at first, but keep it going and it turns into butter. Tada! Also works on almonds, hazelnuts, etc.

OT EDIT:

Ingredients of the pb pictured in the OP contains:
    PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SUGAR, PEA PROTEIN, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, MOLASSES, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, NIACINAMIDE, FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE, ZINC OXIDE, COPPER SULFATE, FOLIC ACID, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE.

Homemade contains:
    PEANUTS ;)

I sometimes make my own, too, because I don't know what a rapeseed is, but it makes me uncomfortable to think of spreading its oil on my... well, anything, really.
  • justjayce
    justjayce Posts: 11
    Options
    No love for Smucker's Natural Chunky? Once I realized I couldn't pronounce half the ingredients in Jif, I switched to something better.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I just started eating all natural, organic almond butters and I can't eat that reduced fat JIF anymore.

Know what I noticed recently? The reduced fat JIF is not called peanut butter anywhere on the jar. It says Reduced Fat JIF, peanut butter spread (on the side) and then "25% less fat than peanut butter." Well wtf is this stuff then?

It's peanut butter spread with 25% less fat than peanut butter?

Is this a trick question?
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    try "better 'n peanut butter" its amazing! made with real peanuts but its only 100 calories for 2 tbsp.

37880059.jpg

sorry, but its not FAKE peanut butter. its made with real peanuts, but has 85% less fat and 40% less calories than regular peanut butter.

NO PRESERVATIVES, NO TRANS FAT, NO SATURATED FAT, GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love ezekial bread haven't had it in years...YUMMMMY!
  • zeke1964
    zeke1964 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Us fat people have tons of stored fat, we dont have to eat fat because athletes do............The rules are different for us.........If you cant wash peanut butter off a spoon, how do you think our arteries do it? Just a question.........
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    So everyday I measure out 2 tbsp of peanut butter that I eat w/ my apple..... is it weird that I wipe the container I brought it in with my finger----clean, so that I get every morsel??? :)

image.jpg

No. I'm pretty sure I'd lick just about anything that had peanut butter on it . . . as long as it was JIF.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    try "better 'n peanut butter" its amazing! made with real peanuts but its only 100 calories for 2 tbsp.

37880059.jpg

Yes! Go organic too.