Replies

• AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump...are these great tasting?:sad:
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing! I will test them out.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    whats the serving size? 6 cakes?
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    this lady makes some good ones to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzqbXfJXik

Calories - 130
    Fat - 0
    Carbs - 2
    Protein - 30
  • tackie8383
    tackie8383 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    TRYTHESE they are OMG AMZING just had this am love this chicka an her page http://www.thecoconutdiaries.net/

Fluffy Chocolate Pancakes

February 25, 2013-http://www.thecoconutdiaries.net/fluffy-chocolate-pancakes/

Fluffy. Absolutely amazing. Super chocolatey. Seriously these pancakes can’t get any more perfect. The secret is CAULIFLOWER. It plumps up the batter, makes it fluffier, and is super low cal. Low carb/low cal pancakes that also sneak veggies in? Yes please! You won’t regret making these.

Fluffy Chocolate Pancakes

Serves: 1
    •1/3 cup riced cauliflower (raw cauliflower that’s been processed in a food processor)
    •1/4 cup coconut flour
    •1.5 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
    •1/2 scoop whey protein powder
    •1/2 TBSP psyllium husk (Optional – it’s a good source of fiber and also thickens the batter)
    •2 stevia packets (or sweetener of choice)
    •3/4 tsp baking powder
    •1/2 ripe banana
    •2 egg whites
    •1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
    •1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a bowl, microwave the 1/3 cup riced cauliflower for 60 seconds. Next, add the following 6 ingredients to the bowl (all the dry ingredients) and stir to evenly blend everything. Now mash the 1/2 banana and add it to the bowl, as well as the rest of the ingredients (these are the wet ingredients). Stir everything well – (it will be a THICK batter! This is because I really like the cakey texture. If you want them more “dense” like your typical pancake, add 1/4 cup MORE almond milk). Then cook them in a frying pan sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray on a low heat for 5-6 on one side. Flip them, and cook another 2-4 minutes.

These. are. so. good. I put chocolate better’n peanut butter in between every pancake as I stacked them; I topped the stack with almond butter, the rest of the banana, and walden farm’s zero calorie chocolate syrup.
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump - Saving this :)
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lotta protein! BUMP! Thanks! :happy:
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmm
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve done it.
    I’ve created the ultimate protein pancake recipe.

Cw0re3ml.jpg
    3BHjssrl.jpg
    kbRSoxgl.jpg

Pancakes are great. Protein pancakes are even better. For about a year now I’ve been trying to find the perfect pancake recipe; one that’s healthy, packed with protein, and amazingly delicious. I came pretty close with the original greek yogurt pancakes recipe, but I wasn’t satisfied with the high carb content. All the other lower carb/higher protein recipes I found online just didn’t taste as good.

Finally, an idea struck me. I decided to combine the greek yogurt recipe with a protein powder recipe, by replacing some of the flour in the greek yogurt recipe with protein powder. The result is a pancake recipe that has less carbs, more protein, and tastes even better.I swear, these taste better than the pancakes my mom used to make. I would eat those by the dozen, and they were about 1238484720 times less healthy than this.

Okay, here we go.

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)

is one serving (314 calories) just ONE pancake, or is the 314 calories for all 6?
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Yum, I'm psyched!
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Barbieg428
    Barbieg428 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    these look awesome....a must try!!