How many of your MFP friends are IRL friends?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Well.....I work with one and 5-ish are very real online friends who I know from elsewhere online. The rest show varying levels of potential for furthering bonds.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    4. I'm cool with it. my friend introduced me to MFP so I have her and her mum and then one of my other friends I introduced it to her and another found it on her own. I'm fine with it cause they're all amazing and supportive and my friends anyway...not just randos.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I only have 1. I used to have another 2 (1 was my partner) but they both stopped using it so I deleted them. I don't know any of my other RL friends who use it. I don't have my weight on my site, only how much I want to lose so that doesn't bother me. So the 30 odd friends I have are all strangers to me, I'd be more than happy to meet some of them 1 day. I need to have more RL friends who are interested in the same things as me.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Most of my RL friends are either thin or guys who think their beer belly is sexy
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have 3 ppl that I knew before MFP, 1 that I've met through MFP & will be meeting a few more during the summer (:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Only 6 of mine are IRL.

Only 2 of my 6 are active.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You've met Paul and I in person too, SilverLotusGirl.. :D I have several I've met in person including my DH, who's been not logging in lately. I have others from a lampworking site I frequent. So 5-6 I've met in person and 3-5 from another site.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I need more friends...sigh.... :frown:
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    :noway: Fawk no... none.... never.

Damn I love the way you say Fawk! :wink:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    2, 1 I met from MFP and we become close, 1 I introduced to the site. I am also hoping to meet another one this week.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You've met Paul and I in person too, SilverLotusGirl.. :D I have several I've met in person including my DH, who's been not logging in lately. I have others from a lampworking site I frequent. So 5-6 I've met in person and 3-5 from another site.

I guess that does make you guys real life friends even if it has been about 9 or ten years. So that makes it 1 coworker, 2 who I've met online but have hung out with IRL, and 3ish online friends from other corners of the internet and a few others who could turn into friends outside of MFP.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    none :sad:

if they were....

tumblr_lnfb8dZXyo1qzytp4.gif
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    2 but I defriended them on here and IRL, because they are loserdouchcanoes
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    When you say IRL life...I don't ge tit. I chat with my MFP friends while I'm awake. The IRL people, I don't associate with them nearly as much.

So to me, MFP is IRL. I don't feel a need to be a different person on here versus "IRL". So what if I told that lady at the fruit stand "would bang". Shock factor has its benefits.

Then YOU have NO real concept of FRIEND...Like Many of these people these days who really think they can "Be in Love" with someone they have NEVER met, that's an Emotionally Immature person. But that is where "we" are headed these days, the "Manti Teo" effect, but even he had to awaken and get an IRL girl...or do you also believe that "cyber sex" is real, if so I guess you can make a cyber baby and have a cyber family. DUDE Please!!!

Really because i can tell you right now if I needed one of these people on here they would be here well before any one I consider my friend off the computer - no jokes.

I went through a cancer scare not even 6 months ago and the ONLY people that stood by me were my "imaginary friends" you know the ones that live inside my computer, my real life friends all stopped talking to me like I was contagious. So I think that virtual friends are just as much real life as the ones that live down the street from me, and in some ways they are more friends to me than the ones I have known for years.

Are there people who lie? Sure there are and I have met quite a few in my life on the internet (15 years) but there are some really genuine people out there - I have met quite a few of those in my life on the internet as well. I have been in love with someone I never met, and guess what? When we met we fell deeper in love he moved here from a different Province and the only reason we didn't stay together was because I was not willing to leave Canada and he was going to TN. So I think the emotionally stunted person here is you. You need to wake up and realize its not 1970 anymore and you can make and keep life long friends on the internet. Just because they are thousands of miles away doesn't mean you won't ever meet them either - you want it bad enough you will find a way to do it.

AGAIN...It just Proves that SOME do NOT know what a FRIEND is...You are calling people Friend who are probably Acquaintances! It is EASY to stand-by someone fr 30 behind a computer screen or even a telephone. Call'em, be in REAL NEED and see if anyone shows up...I doubt it. LIKE I said " Emotionally Immature" and NEEDY, VERY NEEDY for ANY Human Contact!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    None. These are all my new internet acquaintances. But I just know we'll all be bff's very soon. :wink: