HELP! Should I date three more??

Options

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Wired is a magazine about science and technology.
    No, Popular Science is a magazine about science and technology. Wired is science-ish and technology-ish magazine half-full of ads...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You said that your family liked Simon but does not like Chris. What exactly are they saying/seeing in regards to Chris? Obviously, if you told them that Simon was most likely cheating on you, they would have (had they believed it to be true) shoved Simon as far away from you as absolutely possible.

Yeah, honestly, I could not tell them that because I didn't know if it was true or not.

Like I have said here already, I just couldn't stay with someone I kept doubting, whether or not they had cheated. It wouldn't be fair to him. :brokenheart:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Also I don't know why I keep responding to this thread, I'm still 99% sure it's a troll lol.

It's just a little to coincidental that you apparently broke up with your boyfriend with NO proof that he was cheating, just on Chris's word, and now you're magically dating Chris, who happens to be controlling, but you see nothing wrong with this. lol.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Okay so, genuine question: where do you draw the line? If someone is interested in all the details about your life, how do you know if that's good or bad? Obviously if someone shows no interest, that's not good, but where's that divider?

It's about how they re-act when you don't give them all the information immediately.. If someone texts does he immediately ask "who was that"? if someone calls does he immediately ask "who was that?" or "what did they want"? If you reply with "a friend" does he dig for more? "girl?/ guy?" or does he just accept the answer you give?

It's possible also that he just might be unsure about you and your feelings for him and he just wants to be sure you are into him. I've seen that happen - I've done it actually. Normally after a couple months it should calm down a bit though, also you could try ASKING him why he feels the need to know all this stuff. If it's gotten worse or more insistent that you are expected to report to him at all times it's likely a bad sign. If you two can't have an honest discussion about this behaviour that is another sign that you should not proceed with the relationship.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just try being single for awhile until you know what you want. If you really wanted to be with Chris I don't think you would be having these doubts - and if you are jumping from one relationship straight into another you are just dating to be with someone rather than being with someone you want to be with.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You need to quit thinking about guys and start worrying about how you are ever going to be able to eat 1200 calories a day.

Oops, snarky. Sorry.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    If you only heard from Chris, is the cheating true? Chris seems to have to have control, wanting to know all the time what you are doing, who you are with, etc. Are you ready to loose your freedom in this relationship. There is a difference from sharing your life with someone to have to account for your time with someone. If Chris were the one, you wouldn't be asking these questions. When your forever mate comes along, you will know without questions. We will be happily married this Sept for 40 years and never from the beginning did I doubt that he was the one.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I'm ignoring the rude people and talking to people who are giving real information and advice. Pretty sure that's how you exchange ideas effectively in polite society.

I gave you real information and advice, as did many others in this thread that you didn't respond to. Those of us telling you that this relationship sounds seriously dangerous and wrong are not being rude, we are genuinely concerned. Many people here speak from personal experience, others from research. What most of us seem to agree on is that this relationship is NOT healthy, you could be in danger, and even if you weren't you're not mature enough to get married right now anyway.

But as you stated before, you're basically just looking for people to agree with you that you should stay with Chris... maybe next time don't post a topic asking for advice if you're just going to ignore the advice you don't want to hear.

First, I've gotten lots of advice from LOTS of people. Forgive me for not answering absolutely everything, but this thread is moving really fast, and I'm just trying to keep up. I never said those who offer negative opinions were rude. There were plenty of rude responses and I know the difference between straight up rudeness and just a difference of opinion.

Second, I appreciate everyone's advice and I'm planning to come back and pick through everything again later with a pro-con list.

Last, I never said I think I should stay with Chris. That's the reason I made this thread. So maybe outsiders could give me some perspective.
  • braves20111
    braves20111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not serious about chris! If you were you wouldn't be talking to your ex. That means you have doubts which means you are not ready for any settling down. Simple solution don't settle down. Your internal clock has plenty of time, make sure you wanna be with the person before making that decision
  • mistertripps
    Options
    When you find the right person, you know it. Doesn't matter if you've dated 1 or 20.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I say concentrate on your thigh gap while hitting 1200 calories....you know, the more important things in life \m/ :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I say concentrate on your thigh gap while hitting 1200 calories....you know, the more important things in life \m/ :flowerforyou:

Thigh gap is so 2012. We're going for box gap now.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    You need to quit thinking about guys and start worrying about how you are ever going to be able to eat 1200 calories a day.

Oops, snarky. Sorry.

haha, I have no trouble eating 2500 calories a day. The trouble is staying in my healthy calorie range of around 1500-1600.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You still didn't answer the question.

Your family, you said you had pressure to have grandkids for your grandparents, thus the biological clock ticking. And yet they hate the guy you are with. What are your family members saying about Chris as to why they do not like him?
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Jerry FTW :heart:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm ignoring the rude people and talking to people who are giving real information and advice. Pretty sure that's how you exchange ideas effectively in polite society.

I gave you real information and advice, as did many others in this thread that you didn't respond to. Those of us telling you that this relationship sounds seriously dangerous and wrong are not being rude, we are genuinely concerned. Many people here speak from personal experience, others from research. What most of us seem to agree on is that this relationship is NOT healthy, you could be in danger, and even if you weren't you're not mature enough to get married right now anyway.

But as you stated before, you're basically just looking for people to agree with you that you should stay with Chris... maybe next time don't post a topic asking for advice if you're just going to ignore the advice you don't want to hear.

First, I've gotten lots of advice from LOTS of people. Forgive me for not answering absolutely everything, but this thread is moving really fast, and I'm just trying to keep up. I never said those who offer negative opinions were rude. There were plenty of rude responses and I know the difference between straight up rudeness and just a difference of opinion.

Second, I appreciate everyone's advice and I'm planning to come back and pick through everything again later with a pro-con list.

Last, I never said I think I should stay with Chris. That's the reason I made this thread. So maybe outsiders could give me some perspective.

Strong decision. Pro-con lists are the gold standard way to choose a mate.

Just be sure to spell names right. You don't want Chris to end up seeing "He's not Christ" under "con" on the other guy.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Is this real... :-/
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

QFT!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    so technically you're not with anyone totally serious right now?

Why not go have some fun, hook up with 3 randoms, meet your quota and go from there. You might accidentally find what you're looking for while you're having fun.

^This.

The 12 thing is @#$%ing stupid.

Obviously you should let Chris leave, because if you thought there was anything there, you wouldn't have posted this.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

QFT!

DAMMIT! I got a thigh gap when I lost weight. I wasn't trying for one, it just happened. And now I'm out of style again. :sad: