HELP! Should I date three more??

Options

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    This new guy throws up all kinds of red flags. Two months and he constantly checks in on you, gets jealous, wants to move you away from your family, your support group and make you his (essentially)? No ma'am. Throw in the fact that he magically was the one that put the seed of doubt in your mind with your relationship with Simon? Run. Run far away. Date 3 more, 100 more, but this guy is not good news and has serious trust issues with YOU instead of the other way around.

Honey, I know it is hard to see when you are so close to the situation and the relationship is still so new and wonderful feeling. But every ounce of logic speaks against staying with him. If you are logical in the very least sense, get out now.

I speak only from experience. I had a very very rough relationship once. I was trapped 600 miles away from my friends and family, none of whom liked my boyfriend in the first place. I was depressed, suicidal, lonely as hell even though I had a man who supposedly loved me and wanted us to be together forever.

They're good at telling you what you want to hear, but nothing else. Trust your family's judgement here.

Thank you for this message, I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you had to go through that. I just really want to make sure I am doing the right thing, and I know we're still in the honeymoon phase, but everyone doesn't have the same experience like you had, you know?

What you said here just looks like you were asking random strangers to tell you, "How wonderful you met this Chris guy and he wants to marry you too?! OMGZ!!W34234!! DO IT."

EXACTLY! She wants only the fluffy answers. Not the harsh reality. *eye roll*
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How long have you known Chris? I mean can you see yourself with this guy forever? Could you imagine yourself with anyone else? I only had 2 serious boyfriends before finding my husband (he's #3) and we're happily married with a 5 month old. I don't know about the 12 people quota.... but whatever floats your boat :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

Twilight is just freaky. Edward watches Bella sleep from outside her window at night. Yikes! :huh:

... and how do you know Chris isn't watching you while you sleep at night??

So Chris is a vampire? This further reinforces the notion that him and Simon are carrying on a male/male relationship behind her back...

I have a sneaky suspicion they both really like popsicles.:glasses: :glasses: :smokin:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    162_1.jpg
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    This new guy throws up all kinds of red flags. Two months and he constantly checks in on you, gets jealous, wants to move you away from your family, your support group and make you his (essentially)? No ma'am. Throw in the fact that he magically was the one that put the seed of doubt in your mind with your relationship with Simon? Run. Run far away. Date 3 more, 100 more, but this guy is not good news and has serious trust issues with YOU instead of the other way around.

Honey, I know it is hard to see when you are so close to the situation and the relationship is still so new and wonderful feeling. But every ounce of logic speaks against staying with him. If you are logical in the very least sense, get out now.

I speak only from experience. I had a very very rough relationship once. I was trapped 600 miles away from my friends and family, none of whom liked my boyfriend in the first place. I was depressed, suicidal, lonely as hell even though I had a man who supposedly loved me and wanted us to be together forever.

They're good at telling you what you want to hear, but nothing else. Trust your family's judgement here.

Thank you for this message, I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you had to go through that. I just really want to make sure I am doing the right thing, and I know we're still in the honeymoon phase, but everyone doesn't have the same experience like you had, you know?

What you said here just looks like you were asking random strangers to tell you, "How wonderful you met this Chris guy and he wants to marry you too?! OMGZ!!W34234!! DO IT."

EXACTLY! She wants only the fluffy answers. Not the harsh reality. *eye roll*

I've said numerous times that the whole REASON I made this thread was because I am not decided on the situation. SO no, there's not a specific thing I am asking people to tell me. but thanks for judging me and not offering any helpful contributions. :drinker:
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
  • Mosley35
    Mosley35 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am not saying you need to go out and talk to 3 other dudes, but to me Chris doesn't seem like the one for you. The way you describe Chris seems like he is very jealous and overbearing. If after two months he is checking your status update and your messges on MFP then just think how the relationship will be in 6 months. Good luck on your decision.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    162_1.jpg

Ok this seriously made me laugh.
  • theresaeva
    theresaeva Posts: 9
    Options
    What did u like about your ex? Chris is the one who broke u guys up without actually checking out his story. Now your with him and he sounds like a jealous controlling guy. Why doesn't your family like him? maybe they have a point. if you want to date 3 more or 10 more or marry the next one you date or your ex.....its all up to you. you wouldn't be asking if you didnt have doubts.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this as being rude because I don't intend it that way, from reading your post you are not ready to marry anyone and should most definitely date more. You shouldn't settle just because and I do not recommend moving away with someone you've only been with for 2 months. You are still really young and your post shows that. (not meaning in a bad way) You still have plenty of time to settle down and start a family and you should enjoy life while you can! When the right person comes along you will know it and won't need to turn to message boards for advice!

And not to contradict anything but I had dated less than 12 people when I met my husband. When you know, you know. Good luck!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Oh, but we are making helpful contributions. Through our snarky, sarcastic comments, we are all telling you to be very wary of your new boyfriend. The little bit that you've said about him is raising all sorts of red flags to everyone in this thread.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You are so dumb.

You wasted your 5th post on THAT? :ohwell:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The English alphabet has 26 letters. I figure if I dated a total of 26 girls, I'd find my perfect match. Thus, I'm going to date one girl for every letter of the alphabet. Whoever fulfills the final letter is the girl I'll marry. I'm down to T, R, O, and L so I have four potential new dates left.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    28761456.jpg
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The English alphabet has 26 letters. I figure if I dated a total of 26 girls, I'd find my perfect match. Thus, I'm going to date one girl for every letter of the alphabet. Whoever fulfills the final letter is the girl I'll marry. I'm down to T, R, O, and L so I have four potential new dates left.

Day-um!! I'll be changing my name to Tia.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    You are so dumb.

My IQ is probably higher than yours.

I might not be the best at relationships, but I'm not dumb.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I agree with the cauliflower ideas that have been thrown around. Best advice yet.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

As far as numbers, you should know when you know, not by a number.

I agree. When I got married, I had only dated 2 others. Since then, I've added 37 men and 8 women to the list, but I know that my husband is the right one for me. When it's right, it's right.

made me choke on my carrot!!..

Relax the throat muscles...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Oh, but we are making helpful contributions. Through our snarky, sarcastic comments, we are all telling you to be very wary of your new boyfriend. The little bit that you've said about him is raising all sorts of red flags to everyone in this thread.

Again, I know the difference between sarcasm and outright rudeness. For instance, "YOU ARE SO DUMB" right on this page.

That's just rude. That''s not what you did.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I think you have to date one more L . . .

And on the lookout for the little lady named X-stasy.