'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    its hard to describe, i would date a "big" girl but usually they (the ones ive talked too) act like im not being serious as if im too good for them, because im considered fit. so i take it as theyre insecure with themselves and to me, thats a turn off. I really liked one of my bestfriends who was considered "big" but when it came to trying to be intimate she always thought it was a joke or it was because i felt bad for her, but that was far from the truth. I dont really care how you look, if theres a connecton that grows in time, then there is potential of me wanting it to be more. if youre a "big" girl and you act amazing thats all i really care about, but if you're going to be all insecure about weight...i wouldnt date you whether your big or slim..im into confidence or at least attempting to be confident...you can be insecure after a while we started dating but before dating, then it gets kind of annoying depending how far they take it. but thats just off my experience.
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i can handle chubby girlz but i perfer fit an nice bum
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Different strokes...

But as someone said "you're not my type" is still the appropriate path. So now I ask had he said "you're not my type" would it be less offensive?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Different strokes...

But as someone said "you're not my type" is still the appropriate path. So now I ask had he said "you're not my type" would it be less offensive?

Hell no. Men are screwed no matter what. No matter how we reject you, we are always the jerks.

I think more people need to get used to rejection. If you're fat and getting rejected, either find people who like fat people, or get on the stairmaster and hop like the plumber named Mario.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    Different strokes...

Hell no. Men are screwed no matter what. No matter how we reject you, we are always the jerks.

I think more people need to get used to rejection. If you're fat and getting rejected, either find people who like fat people, or get on the stairmaster and hop like the plumber named Mario.
    Can I be princess peach?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Different strokes...

Can I be princess peach?

I used to call princess peach the "C" word often because no matter how many times I'd rescue her... she'd always somehow endup getting caught. Sometimes I think she just did it to screw with me. Maybe she was dating the bad guys. And I was friendzoned :(
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    ^ Did she ever pop a zit or put on make up in front of you? That's a sure sign of friend zone

Princess Peach wasn't the brightest she kept getting caught on me too, I bet she does like them bad guys she needs to hang out with the girl from the "interpret this text" thread so they can bring da dramah!
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Meat is for the man, bone is for the dog is one thing and one thing only.

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.

u jelly?

Lol not even a little bit
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    Meat is for the man, bone is for the dog is one thing and one thing only.

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.

Tell us again exactly how that is funny......

It's funny because it boosts someone's low self esteem to insult skinny people while they whine about people insulting big girls.

Yes because in comparison to big women in America, skinny women have it solo rough. As I said before (but of course people only acknowledge parts of a post that they want to), it's merely a statement used to empower big women. I find it laughable that they only folks whining about it are those whose profile pics are of them shirtless. Oh yes, I'm sure this FUNNY saying has surely put a damper on your self-esteem. Come on now.

Besides, biologically men are made to be attracted to women with some meat on them because it's an indication that the women would bring healthy offspring into the world and be capable of adequately nourishing said offspring. So it's completely a cultural thing to only like women with the body of a 12 year-old boy.
    Look at any artwork before the 1960s and you won't see any females with washboard tummies, no boobs, and no hips.

Bottom line is, if you weren't thin and you were big, you wouldn't be thinking the way you are about a simple, measly d*mn saying. Have some cultural relativism and look at it from a big woman's shoes.

It's easy. I'm quite certain I'm the only not fat girl who's not boohoo-ing about it. Put on some weight and we'll see if you feel the same way, all I'm saying.
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    "Big" girls do it best. It's truly their loss and they don't know what they're missing. I bet after an hour with me they'd "date" "big" girls ;)

always one !!!!!

and you shot yourself in the foot already be them big or thin.....!

Obviously not everyone reading this thread isn't "big", so you are saying that because a gal is "big" they are better than one that is not. I am not big, never have been, but I sure the hell would never go around a thread on MFP saying anything like "thin girls" do X better. F that. The whole point of the original posters statement was that it was rude the way the man said it. Now you are going there.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, and speak up for my fellow "big" girls. And I personally don't even think him saying that he didn't like "big" girls was rude. But you might be considered a "big" girl in some man's eye, as everyone has a different definition of BIG.

Good grief, lady. She was making a joke. You know, like haha funny ha ha?
    I have no idea which 'lady' you are directing your remark at. Just in case it was me, I wasn't even quoting the OP, I was making a response to someone else in the thread. That is why I quoted certain statements and did not speak directly to the OP.

I know you weren't quoting OP. I was referring to the "big girls do it better" JOKE.
    ....which is why I quoted it
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    its hard to describe, i would date a "big" girl but usually they (the ones ive talked too) act like im not being serious as if im too good for them, because im considered fit. so i take it as theyre insecure with themselves and to me, thats a turn off. I really liked one of my bestfriends who was considered "big" but when it came to trying to be intimate she always thought it was a joke or it was because i felt bad for her, but that was far from the truth. I dont really care how you look, if theres a connecton that grows in time, then there is potential of me wanting it to be more. if youre a "big" girl and you act amazing thats all i really care about, but if you're going to be all insecure about weight...i wouldnt date you whether your big or slim..im into confidence or at least attempting to be confident...you can be insecure after a while we started dating but before dating, then it gets kind of annoying depending how far they take it. but thats just off my experience.

That's the nicest post I've read in this forum.
    It's unfortunate, but the insecurity of these women and women thinking you're joking or feel bad for them truly is the result of the American culture post-Twiggy.

Think about it, nowadays they would tell Marilyn Monroe to grow her hair out, remove her beauty marks, and lose 40lbs. What a crazy thought that is. Marilyn was 140lbs and a size 8/10. Had she come out around the time Twiggy did or later, she wouldn't have stood a chance and none of us would know her name. Same goes for Betty Page and all the other remarkably beautiful, curvaceous pin-up vixens.

It's astounding how drastically the ideal beauty of Western society has changed. People call Kim Kardashian fat, and had she been around in the 1950's she would be considered the sexiest woman in existence.
  • _Moose51_
    _Moose51_ Posts: 86
    Options
    I don't really get this argument or discussion, I think a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman regardless of what size she is. A friend said to me the other day that she is never going to win a bikini contest because she had a baby. Does anyone really care about that sort of thing? Beauty is that a woman can have a child and that does change her body, but so what. People should stop looking to hollywood to define beauty but define it within themselves. Woman have these wonderful powers that some don't seem to know they have.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    This feel..I know it
    I especially love hearing "why do you like me" a hundred times a day.
    too-much-real-life-monkey.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There's sort of a paradox. If you're obese and insecure about it, it says that you don't have the strength of will or dedication to fix it. If you're obese and think you're beautiful and fabulous and there's no need to change, you're living in a state of serious self-denial about your health and day-to-day functionality and ability. Those are both things I'd have a very hard time looking past.

Yeah, it's understandable if you have a genuine medical condition. And I'm talking about obese, not chubby or a little overweight.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is still going on. If you enjoy being a big girl, then own it baby. If you don't then do something about it.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a right to be attracted to whatever. Some guys like big girls, some like petites. Some guys like blondes, some like brunettes. Some guys like black girls, some like latinas, some like white girls. Some like all of the above. Some guys aren't superficial and really are attracted based on what's "inside". Some guys even like other guys. These are all just preferences, and we all have different ones. No need to get bent out of shape over it.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a right to be attracted to whatever. Some guys like big girls, some like petites. Some guys like blondes, some like brunettes. Some guys like black girls, some like latinas, some like white girls. Some like all of the above. Some guys aren't superficial and really are attracted based on what's "inside". Some guys even like other guys. These are all just preferences, and we all have different ones. No need to get bent out of shape over it.
    Well hello there
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date an a-hole regardless of his size.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Every one is entitled to a choice, that is why we are all made different (shape, emotion, mentality, etc)

There are plenty more fish in the sea.

If you do not like someone for whatever reason and vice versa then just move along.

I am sure the `BIG girl` which the OP didn`t say she was, I get the feeling it is hypothetical questioning...anyways she would be within her rights to not date ` a footballer/skinny guy/fireman/office worker/bodybuilder etc
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Princess Peach wasn't the brightest she kept getting caught on me too, I bet she does like them bad guys she needs to hang out with the girl from the "interpret this text" thread so they can bring da dramah!

princess-kidnap-mystery.jpg