'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I once had a guy tell me that he'd never have me as a girlfriend but he'd gladly have me behind closed doors because thick girls have more cushion for the pushin' but aren't acceptable as girlfriends because he'd get made fun of by his friends.

Needless to say nothing happened for him behind closed doors either!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Meat is for the man, bone is for the dog is one thing and one thing only.

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.

Tell us again exactly how that is funny......

It's funny because it boosts someone's low self esteem to insult skinny people while they whine about people insulting big girls.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    all of you are still missing the point.

I AM NOT A SHELL!
  • purplestarburst
    Options
    F the haters babes there's always someone better just around the corner ;-)
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have had guys say that I'm a great/nice person but not their type. Haha. I guess they don't like great or nice. Naaaw it's because I'm fat. But it's cool. I mean I have preferences, so it's alright. No scars given.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    People will be people. Entitled to their opinions and preferences. I've been told that I'm too tall... and called "amazon" and once, "jolly green giant". I laugh it off and move on. Common courtesy would be nice, but some people lack that. Be glad they showed their lack of character early on- I wouldn't want any part of that a-hole anyway!
  • KiraBaby20
    KiraBaby20 Posts: 156
    Options
    It really depends on the guy and the girl. Some guys like skinny and short. Some guys like tall and thick. Some guys like guys! It really doesn't matter, does it? Girls are the same way! Some girls like tall with a six pack. Some girl like short and chubby. It is a hormonal thing in out body that causes us to be attracted to others. We can't choose who we want to date, kiss, have sex with, or just want to be friends with.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Meat is for the man, bone is for the dog is one thing and one thing only.

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.

Tell us again exactly how that is funny......

It's funny because it boosts someone's low self esteem to insult skinny people while they whine about people insulting big girls.

+1

ETA: did the OP ever come back to say whether the guy actually said big girls are gross, stinky, etc or if that's just what she thinks he meant?
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

There's nothing wrong with black guys. I love them lol but IF someone calls you out for a specific reason, that's rude , I.e. " I don't date fat. Black, short , tall etc. " all you have to say is your not interested. Now if you ask why, then be ready. I'm just saying. You can't force anyone to like what the just don't like. Shallow or not. What's really cool is when there's an exception to the rule lol. It can happen.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me once that he wouldn't date me because of my size but was happy to have sex. Was I hurt or upset? No. It's a reflection on him not me. He seemed genuinely shocked when I told him him I had plenty of offers that included both dating and sex. :D

That said everyone has a preference. It might be very limited such as leggy red heads or vast like a pulse but when all is said and done we have a preference. And if we choice to be a jerk in how we convey that then we might just have limited our dating pool including the ones we would date because they don't date jerks.

I have a preference and I don't see why I should feel I have to date anyone that doesn't fit it. I really don't need everyone to be attracted to me when it's all said and done. For men I could care less what they look like but I like them smart and tech savvy. For women I like them busty and soft around the edges add in smarts and tech and I'm a goner. If a guy only wants to date a women who into fitness why shouldn't he? He doesn't like big girls? That's fine someone else will.

And "Meat is for a man, bone is for the dog" is offensive to both women and men. It implies that a man who likes slender women isn't a man and is offensive to all women period.

Nicely put and I highly agree with you.
  • nikilis
    Options
    When I was 17 I was like in love with this girl, and she basically didn't date me cause I didn't have a car.

I'm not bitter about that at all.

b!tch.

to her, I was just a shell.

I AM NOT A SHELL!
  • nikilis
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

There's nothing wrong with black guys. I love them lol but IF someone calls you out for a specific reason, that's rude , I.e. " I don't date fat. Black, short , tall etc. " all you have to say is your not interested. Now if you ask why, then be ready. I'm just saying. You can't force anyone to like what the just don't like. Shallow or not. What's really cool is when there's an exception to the rule lol. It can happen.

oh girl... is that you putting money in your mouth? money gets put in strippers knickers next to crabs, and handled by people who don't wash their hands after handling their man parts, dropped in the gutter, sneezed on etc etc etc.

Happytitis!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Someone isn't a jerk or a bad person for not finding xyz trait attractive. If I got pissy every time some one didn't like chubby girls, black girls, girls without long hair, short girls or whatever, I'd spend my whole day upset about things I can't change. Not matter what you are there will be someone who likes it and someone who doesn't. Do I wish the whole world would find me super sexy awesome no matter what, yes, but that's not life. If someone doesn't want to date you because of your weight, height, size, race, country of origin, suck it up, cry you need to, and move on.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 I was like in love with this girl, and she basically didn't date me cause I didn't have a car.

b!tch.

I AM NOT A SHELL!

Are you completely sure you're not a shell? I mean, you've been saying that all day but I think you might just be in denial. :flowerforyou:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    "Big" girls do it best. It's truly their loss and they don't know what they're missing. I bet after an hour with me they'd "date" "big" girls ;)

always one !!!!!

and you shot yourself in the foot already be them big or thin.....!

Obviously not everyone reading this thread isn't "big", so you are saying that because a gal is "big" they are better than one that is not. I am not big, never have been, but I sure the hell would never go around a thread on MFP saying anything like "thin girls" do X better. F that. The whole point of the original posters statement was that it was rude the way the man said it. Now you are going there.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, and speak up for my fellow "big" girls. And I personally don't even think him saying that he didn't like "big" girls was rude. But you might be considered a "big" girl in some man's eye, as everyone has a different definition of BIG.

Good grief, lady. She was making a joke. You know, like haha funny ha ha?
    I have no idea which 'lady' you are directing your remark at. Just in case it was me, I wasn't even quoting the OP, I was making a response to someone else in the thread. That is why I quoted certain statements and did not speak directly to the OP.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options

b!tch.

I AM NOT A SHELL!

Are you completely sure you're not a shell? I mean, you've been saying that all day but I think you might just be in denial. :flowerforyou:

I think that, for whatever reason, she jumped on my post and got obsessed with the concept.
  • nikilis
    Options

b!tch.

I AM NOT A SHELL!

I think that, for whatever reason, she jumped on my post and got obsessed with the concept.

SHE IS NOT A SHELL!
  • nikilis
    Options

b!tch.

I AM NOT A SHELL!

SHE IS NOT A SHELL!

Infact I'm neither of the above. :happy:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wish a guy would think about me in the 1st place, no matter his opinion.
    I get no love.
    :yawn:
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think it's wrong to say it like that, I think it would be better if he had said 'Sorry I'm not looking for a relationship' or 'sorry I'm afraid I just don't feel the spark with you' something like that, but he can't help it if he's not attracted to a certain type of person, like everyone else has said. To start a relationship you need to be attracted to that person and a lot of people on here want to lose weight because they've looked in the mirror and they don't like whats looking back at them (I know thats what I did anyway!) So if I don't find myself attractive how can I epect anyone else to? But yeah I think there are far nicer ways to let a girl down!