'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You didn't really give the backstory behind someone using this line, or the context in which is was used, but just out of curiosity, do YOU routinely date someone you aren't at all attracted to?

If this was said TO you when you asked a guy out, then I agree, its really rude and unnecessary, but as many have said...we all have our types and preferences, so you really can't expect people to just "get over it" :ohwell:
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Big" girls do it best. It's truly their loss and they don't know what they're missing. I bet after an hour with me they'd "date" "big" girls ;)

always one !!!!!

and you shot yourself in the foot already be them big or thin.....!

Obviously not everyone reading this thread isn't "big", so you are saying that because a gal is "big" they are better than one that is not. I am not big, never have been, but I sure the hell would never go around a thread on MFP saying anything like "thin girls" do X better. F that. The whole point of the original posters statement was that it was rude the way the man said it. Now you are going there.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, and speak up for my fellow "big" girls. And I personally don't even think him saying that he didn't like "big" girls was rude. But you might be considered a "big" girl in some man's eye, as everyone has a different definition of BIG.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    fmp_zps31d01e6d.gif

ffr_zps735ce260.gif

fnl_zpsb62a6325.gif

fih_zps0a9f2f39.gif
  • mobilephone2003
    Options
    This is all subjective, and if you care so much about 1 person's opinion, you're living your life by other people's rules.

Never do that, it never ends well.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Honestly after reading this I think a lot of people really underestimate physical attractiveness, I get that there is more to a relationship then just how attracted you are to someone. There has to be more there but it's that initial spark which leads to first date and then you see what goes from there. I've never been some place looked across the room and thought damn girl's personality is banging. Also with that being said I feel like there is some sort of entitlement that people deserve a chance, well maybe so but thinking guys are jerks because they aren't into big girls is wrong too, rejecting someone is never going to be easy or nice. No one likes hearing no especially if you're really attracted to someone it sucks but people have their preferences and maybe they could keep them to themselves and not say they don't like bigger girls or taller girls blondes brunettes whatever the case. I mean if someone isn't into you they aren't just move on and realize there are a lot more people out there never understood well people dwell on the ones they can't have when they should be looking for the one that truly wants them
  • PatriceGotThatVibe
    PatriceGotThatVibe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just think people should be considerate when they voice their opinion because you never know how it will be perceived. This is the primary reason why I don't approach men, they have to approach me because if someone told me that it would really bother me. Not because I care about their opinion, but because that's just not something I would want to hear.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. I'm not going to deny that to a person, but there's still no reason to be an a-hole about it.

True, but it sure does make it easier to weed out the asssholes when they show their true colors. And if they are not being an *kitten* about it, than it goes back to simple preferences.

^ ^ ^ THIS.

Carrying a bit of extra weight, for all its down sides, has served me as an excellent filter.

Honestly, if a guy looked at me and said "I don't date BIG girls," I'd count myself lucky that I nipped that dud in the bud.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Meat is for a man, bone is for the dog

Nuff said :) now lets all go rock it :happy:
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    "Big" girls do it best. It's truly their loss and they don't know what they're missing. I bet after an hour with me they'd "date" "big" girls ;)

always one !!!!!

and you shot yourself in the foot already be them big or thin.....!

Obviously not everyone reading this thread isn't "big", so you are saying that because a gal is "big" they are better than one that is not. I am not big, never have been, but I sure the hell would never go around a thread on MFP saying anything like "thin girls" do X better. F that. The whole point of the original posters statement was that it was rude the way the man said it. Now you are going there.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, and speak up for my fellow "big" girls. And I personally don't even think him saying that he didn't like "big" girls was rude. But you might be considered a "big" girl in some man's eye, as everyone has a different definition of BIG.

i was "just taking the p "

cant be serious on here even if i try as its a bit like that film where a couple were in white coats and the rest behind caged windows something to do with a cuckoo !!!!

there you go, i ve gone and done it again..!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Meat is for a man, bone is for the man.
    That is an incredibly nasty saying.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. I'm not going to deny that to a person, but there's still no reason to be an a-hole about it.

Your interpretation of what someone says sounds like you have demons within...settle those and learn my favorite saying...FUK IT.....life is too grand to live with negativity.
  • PatticakesRegner
    Options
    For those who would say that to me, my sarcastic & whitty side would retort with, "if you think I'm too BIG for you, you don't have the equipment for the job anyway." People are entitled to their preferences but they dont need to be mean or rude about their expression of it.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

I wont date them because I don't find them attractive. A little ironic how you complain about people making assumptions but then pretty much do the same to a another group.
  • MsDaraElaina
    MsDaraElaina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Honestly after reading this I think a lot of people really underestimate physical attractiveness, I get that there is more to a relationship then just how attracted you are to someone. There has to be more there but it's that initial spark which leads to first date and then you see what goes from there. I've never been some place looked across the room and thought damn girl's personality is banging. Also with that being said I feel like there is some sort of entitlement that people deserve a chance, well maybe so but thinking guys are jerks because they aren't into big girls is wrong too, rejecting someone is never going to be easy or nice. No one likes hearing no especially if you're really attracted to someone it sucks but people have their preferences and maybe they could keep them to themselves and not say they don't like bigger girls or taller girls blondes brunettes whatever the case. I mean if someone isn't into you they aren't just move on and realize there are a lot more people out there never understood well people dwell on the ones they can't have when they should be looking for the one that truly wants them
    :tongue: this is the best thing that could be said in response to this post
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I think people have a right to preferences regarding who they date.

Exactly. My *kitten* husband would NOT date an overweight girl (not the way he would put it), a white girl (he is white), or a lazy girl. So he ended up with me. Sheesh, lucky me, huh? I deal with this *kitten* everyday. SMH.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Ah, this one again. Cool. So it's not ok to fat shame, but totally ok to skinny shame? Got it.

Anyway, I don't date "big" guys, I just don't find big dudes (be that overweight or huge and muscley) attractive, so I guess I'm a douche, too.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I did get this one a few times and it bothered me, but then I realized that there are guys out there who are cute, sweet, and MATURE who is ok with a little meat on the bones. Don't worry hun...all you need to do is find the guy who accepts you the way you are :)
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I used to say that I wasn't attracted to "big" guys. I preferred athletic, trim, tall guys. Then I met my husband.. he is 6'2" and at his thinnest weighed 230 lbs. He is muscular but chunky too. I am crazy attracted to him and think he is the hottest thing since sliced bread. Me, I was always the "fat" friend, even when I wasn't fat. I just happened to hang out with girls who were skinnier than me. It sucks to have a crush on a guy and him ask you all about your friends. That being said, I believe everyone has their preferences and they have that right but there is no need to be rude about it at all. I dated a guy who I REALLY liked. I had it so bad for him. We were together almost a year when he told me that I should lose weight. I was a size 12 and totally athletic, swimming, softball, volleyball, etc. Sure, I was soft on the edges but not obese by any means. He sure didn't mind those soft edges at "other" times. LOL! :blushing: Anyway, I wish he had just said it up front, when we met, cause I would have just passed on the whole relationship.
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, rejection sucks and we've all experienced it whether it was based on physical attraction or not. I've been both thin and heavy and even at my thinnest and when I was most confident and comfortable with myself there were still guys that didn't find me attractive. I didn't dwell on it. I know that I too have met guys that I just wasn't into. I once met a really attractive guy for dinner and we had NOTHING in common. I have also met guys that I didn't have an initial attraction to but after spending time with them I developed an attraction.

The point is we all have our likes and dislikes and we all have different things we find attractive. Not EVERYONE is going to find you attractive nor are you going to be attracted to EVERYONE. Do I think it necessary or tactful to insult someone in turning them down? No, but seriously just let it go and move on. You WILL find someone with whom you have a mutual attraction and life will be all good so don't waste your time on the others =)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

This saying really gets on my nerves. What is meat? It is muscle. NOT FAT. Funny how those who are larger, and not due to muscle, like to quote this like it somehow applies to them because they are larger.

Not saying that is what you are doing, I didn't look at your pics. But I see this from fat people all the time. Hell, I love meat. But I trim the fat off my steaks, and still give the bone to the dog.