'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't even fake outrage over this, and I used to be a "big girl." No one needs to be apologetic about what he or she finds attractive. His manner may have been offensive to you, and that sucks, but I'm not going to join the crusade against guys who prefer to date thinner women.

Yep.

I've tried to pull some info out of the ones bashing this guy.
    Mainly, "how much consideration do you give to big guys?" Or something similar.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When I was dating (and very fit), I immediately rejected any guy who indicated he didn't date "fat chicks." Even if an online profile said, "HWP," I would write that guy off. I figured if a guy wouldn't take the time to know me when I was fat, I certainly didn't want to know him when I was fit.

When you were fit did you give fat guys the same amount of time or consideration as fit guys?

Yes. I married an overweight man. He is the best husband EVER.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I feel personally attacked by this thread. I have a strict dating policy. I don't date girls that are over 153 lbs. based on hight. If she is under 4'5" well your just out of luck with this roller coaster. Over 5'9" Sorry charlie tuna. I have a scale set up in my entrance way to help me. with a coat rack placed by the side I'm able to determine this pretty easily and without her ever knowing.
    I simply make an excuse and ask her to leave.
    I don't see why my personal preferences should be attacked or looked down upon. I am simply being honest and strait forward. If a girl asks me about it. Yes I say, I don't date big girls. I usually then ask to see their mothers, because that's pretty much what they are going to end up looking like.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

^this...I like tall men...with huge shoulders and big guns. I also like abs....I don't like guys my age or older, never have....

its all about what attracts you and what doesn't...I prefer honesty ...but that is me.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Hey... I'm afraid my husband will leave me for a chubby girl when I reach my goal!!! LOL

There's someone for everyone.
    Don't worry you'll find your great match. :wink:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have the same feeling about my BF...lol
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

My feeling is that I very, very rarely see a thin girl with a big fat guy.

I guess the main difference is that girls have enough tact not to say they don't date fat guys. But... they pretty much don't date fat guys.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've never been a "big girl," but I'm quite certain not every man on earth finds me or my type ttractive. It's never occured to me to worry about it or really even care. Enough of them are attracted to my type that I focus on them.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't even fake outrage over this, and I used to be a "big girl." No one needs to be apologetic about what he or she finds attractive. His manner may have been offensive to you, and that sucks, but I'm not going to join the crusade against guys who prefer to date thinner women.

Yep.

stop making sense.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Limiting your choices to a preference for a certain shell seems sad to me.

If I said I don't date girls, I'd have missed out on Tiffany and Fari. Both girls rocked my world and left a lasting impression.

If I said I don't date black people, I'd have missed out on Will. While the relationship was bad, it was a life lesson that I needed at the time, and I don't regret a minute of it.

If I said I don't date fat people, I would have missed out on the greatest love I have ever known. My husband was morbidly obese when we met, and is even bigger now. (I am on MFP because I allowed his habits to become my habits, but I'm getting back in shape!) And I love every single soft, incredible, sexy inch of him. Yes, I want him to lose weight for health reasons, but I love him and am attracted to him because of who he is.

A shell is not a person. It's just the house they inherited. L'amore è cieco.

she's right people, a shell is not a person. you cant talk to a shell. a shell wont be there for you in the hard times. but you can hold it up to your ear and it sounds like the sea. I know right!?!

I've got to stop reading threads backwards. I started on the last page and spent several pages trying to figure out what the shell had to do with anything.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    sucks, but there is someone for everyone and that person isn't your one.

Not true.

Well, sure. Date the guy who doesn't prefer your type. That makes sense.

does that make sense or do you mean it doesn't make sense?

I originally said in response to the OP "sucks, but there is someone for everyone and that person isn't your one." The guy said not true. So, my sarcastic response was "Well, sure. Date the guy who doesn't prefer your type. That makes sense."
  • LonLB
    Options

Yep.

stop making sense.

Ya there is no place for that nonsense here!:laugh:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey, you are not attacked man, if you like slim women there is NOTHING wrong with that so do that! If you tell bigger women that you will not date them I wonder why, that's all. Do You.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Limiting your choices to a preference for a certain shell seems sad to me.

If I said I don't date girls, I'd have missed out on Tiffany and Fari. Both girls rocked my world and left a lasting impression.

If I said I don't date black people, I'd have missed out on Will. While the relationship was bad, it was a life lesson that I needed at the time, and I don't regret a minute of it.

If I said I don't date fat people, I would have missed out on the greatest love I have ever known. My husband was morbidly obese when we met, and is even bigger now. (I am on MFP because I allowed his habits to become my habits, but I'm getting back in shape!) And I love every single soft, incredible, sexy inch of him. Yes, I want him to lose weight for health reasons, but I love him and am attracted to him because of who he is.

A shell is not a person. It's just the house they inherited. L'amore è cieco.

she's right people, a shell is not a person. you cant talk to a shell. a shell wont be there for you in the hard times. but you can hold it up to your ear and it sounds like the sea. I know right!?!

I've got to stop reading threads backwards. I started on the last page and spent several pages trying to figure out what the shell had to do with anything.

hahaha. I hope you enjoyed that :)
  • LonLB
    Options

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

I guess the main difference is that girls have enough tact not to say they don't date fat guys. But... they pretty much don't date fat guys.

YES!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

YES!

yes

yes

yes

brb i need a moment.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    When I was dating (and very fit), I immediately rejected any guy who indicated he didn't date "fat chicks." Even if an online profile said, "HWP," I would write that guy off. I figured if a guy wouldn't take the time to know me when I was fat, I certainly didn't want to know him when I was fit.

When you were fit did you give fat guys the same amount of time or consideration as fit guys?

I'm fit and the last guy I dated is 300+ pounds.

528400_10151449104993382_262939645_n.jpg
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

That's crazy talk! Like there's a woman out there who isn't ;)

^^THIS:laugh:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

YES!

yah. although there are cases to the contrary:

Mona+Dotcom+Kim+Dotcom+Appears+Auckland+High+Prlaj1WDtm9l.jpg

also age is no barrier

rupert-murdoch-with-his-wife-wendy.JPG

if you are a million/billionaire.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see this is still going strong
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Real simple.

If I am attracted to you, you have a chance.

If I am not attracted to you, you have almost no chance.

It's nothing personal. It's just the way it is. People have been dealing with this for millions of years.