'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've actually been in situations where the girl I was interested in told me I wasn't tall enough (I'm 5' 7") to be attractive to her. Should I have been outraged at her heightism (especially compared to folks not liking "big girls,"since height is generally much less under our control than body weight/composition), or should I have shrugged my shoulders, considered it her loss, and moved on?
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I feel personally attacked by this thread. I have a strict dating policy. I don't date girls that are over 153 lbs. based on hight. If she is under 4'5" well your just out of luck with this roller coaster. Over 5'9" Sorry charlie tuna. I have a scale set up in my entrance way to help me. with a coat rack placed by the side I'm able to determine this pretty easily and without her ever knowing.
    I simply make an excuse and ask her to leave.
    I don't see why my personal preferences should be attacked or looked down upon. I am simply being honest and strait forward. If a girl asks me about it. Yes I say, I don't date big girls. I usually then ask to see their mothers, because that's pretty much what they are going to end up looking like.

I don't look a thing like my mother when she was my age...don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but I definitely take better care of myself than she did and look and feel better than she did at my age.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

This.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Would you rather he dated for years and years and years and then tell you "I wouldn't marry a big girl"?

It drives me batty when people are upfront and honest from the get-go and the other person still can't appreciate that.

When I was in my first year of my Army career, I dated a girl for almost a year before I found out her Lieutenant husband was going to be coming home from Korea. I met her friends AND her family in that year and ALL of them went along with her little ruse. Then she had the nerve to get pissed at me when I walked away without even blinking an eye.

Be happy that this guy put his cards on the table. The next one might string you along for years before you find out that he's on parole for murder or rape...
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    yah. although there are cases to the contrary:
    if you are a million/billionaire.

My top weight was 350. My wife's a buck fifty. I'm not super rich.

I guess I'm just lucky I'm good in the sack.

9c504b86-1.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

My feeling is that I very, very rarely see a thin girl with a big fat guy.

I guess the main difference is that girls have enough tact not to say they don't date fat guys. But... they pretty much don't date fat guys.

YES!

Mona+Dotcom+Kim+Dotcom+Appears+Auckland+High+Prlaj1WDtm9l.jpg

also age is no barrier

rupert-murdoch-with-his-wife-wendy.JPG

Yea, now we just need that one guy who always complains about women to start a thread wondering why hot, young beauties refuse to date poor, fat guys . . . ya know, 'cause we need more butt hurt about non-issues
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    lol
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

My feeling is that I very, very rarely see a thin girl with a big fat guy.

I guess the main difference is that girls have enough tact not to say they don't date fat guys. But... they pretty much don't date fat guys.

YES!

Mona+Dotcom+Kim+Dotcom+Appears+Auckland+High+Prlaj1WDtm9l.jpg

also age is no barrier

rupert-murdoch-with-his-wife-wendy.JPG

Yea, now we just need that one guy who always complains about women to start a thread wondering why hot, young beauties refuse to date poor, fat guys . . . ya know, 'cause we need more butt hurt about non-issues

high 5! best butthurt thread for ages!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I.........like big butts and i can not lie - Sir Mix-A-Lot
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

I.......like big butts and I can not lie-ME
  • kxxooo
    kxxooo Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see this is still going strong

mmmm mmmmmm .
    kx
    hehe
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Meh, big girls aren't an issue provided that they have the personality that I prefer.

And while my options are limited as a big guy, there ARE women who can look past that.
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    When I was dating (and very fit), I immediately rejected any guy who indicated he didn't date "fat chicks." Even if an online profile said, "HWP," I would write that guy off. I figured if a guy wouldn't take the time to know me when I was fat, I certainly didn't want to know him when I was fit.

When you were fit did you give fat guys the same amount of time or consideration as fit guys?

I'm fit and the last guy I dated is 300+ pounds.

528400_10151449104993382_262939645_n.jpg

I dated a fit girl (fitness model) who wanted me to GAIN weight she thought it was sexy...
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my boyfriend said he wouldn't have dated me if I was 'big'. It's a preference.
  • bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine "jokingly" told me once that I wasn't pretty enough for him to date... I was offended, but let it go... I wasn't interested in him anyway. Then over the next 3 years I lost 60 lbs and all of a sudden he's butt hurt that I won't consider him as a prospective boyfriend...

People like that aren't worth your time. He's still my friend, but I don't want to date him any more now than I did then... It's a preference, but they don't have to flat out say something like that... You don't have to come right out and say "you're not pretty enough," you can leave it at you're not interested.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of opinion.

I wouldn't date a big, fat guy.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The primary issue is in them SAYING that. A simple "not interested" should suffice.

Your mama raised you right! ;-)
  • BigCed77024
    Options

I.......like big butts and I can not lie-ME

Lol..yup thats my motto..don't come to me looking like KATE MOSS! I wanna round juicy butt like a question mark (see j-Lo or Kim Kardashian PRE-pregnancy). Big but not too big!
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Anyone can say they're not shallow or superficial and that looks don't matter, but the bottom line is- they can have a great personality, but if there's no physical attraction the relationship isn't going to work.

But of course, if you don't like "fat chicks" then you can simply not date them and keep your ****e-y, rude, flat-out-mean comments to yourselves. Your preference is no reason to encourage self-deprecation, dead self-esteem, depression, and the development of eating disorders.

In some Asian and African societies, the bigger a woman is the more attractive she's considered, so it truly is a cultural thing.
    Biologically, men are wired to be attracted to women with some fat on her and some hips, because those women are better suited to carry a healthy baby, keeping healthy herself, and have the capacity to adequately nourish said baby.

This is biologically a fact. It encourages the continuation of the species. Therefore, it's proof that a man's 'hatred' and detest-ment of bigger women is completely caused by cultural influence. Men are biologically supposed to be attracted to women that have the body and hips to carry a healthy baby, not be attracted to women who fall down in 5mph wind.

It's unfortunate, blame the media. They're the villains telling us that to appear perfect and beautiful, you have to have a body resembling that of a 12 year-old Justin Bieber.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Not even going to bother reading through this, but why would you ever presume to tell someone they can't have a preference, especially when it comes to physical attraction? I am attracted to who I am attracted to, and political correctness has nothing to do with it.

Or was the whole point of this that you got upset at being referred to as "big"?