'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Everyone has their preference.

For example I've had many female friends who are very short (like 5 feet) who will only want to date guys who are over 6 feet tall.

Many people that I know only date within their race/culture.

Some like darker skin tones, other like light...

Etc.

At least weight is something that one has some control over. =-)
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

For example I've had many female friends who are very short (like 5 feet) who will only want to date guys who are over 6 feet tall.

Etc.

Ya it's just reality.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I only date cartoons.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'll move right along if someone says "I don't date fat/big/chubby women" in a dating profile.... but if they say something along the lines of...

If you don't participate in an active lifestyle and eat mostly healthy, it is just not going to work. I might just fall in lust a little. It's just classy.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options

Etc.

Ya it's just reality.

Exactly. I will share that one time I dated an obese girl who was a lot of fun. She moved away, worked out and lost ALL the excess weight...and when I saw her again a few years later...she was (and still is) smoking hot. Very Alicia Keys looking. lol

Still friends with her to this day. I'm always impressed when I think of all the hard work she put in to get to where she is.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is my take on the matter.

Everyone has a right to be attracted to whatever they are attracted to. Anyone who can make a physical feature a deal-breaker on the other hand, is not someone that I could be attracted to. Not because I don't meet their requirements physically, but because mental and emotional stimulation is more important to me, and obviously it is not to them. Therefore, there is no chemistry.

NEXT!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    country boys like em big ;)
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    why do people need to be politically correct about who they are sexually attracted to?

Because who really cares? Date who you want but do not put other people down. Why would anyone want to do that?
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

This.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    sucks, but there is someone for everyone and that person isn't your one.

Not true.

Well, sure. Date the guy who doesn't prefer your type. That makes sense.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When I was dating (and very fit), I immediately rejected any guy who indicated he didn't date "fat chicks." Even if an online profile said, "HWP," I would write that guy off. I figured if a guy wouldn't take the time to know me when I was fat, I certainly didn't want to know him when I was fit.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    sucks, but there is someone for everyone and that person isn't your one.

Not true.

Well, sure. Date the guy who doesn't prefer your type. That makes sense.

does that make sense or do you mean it doesn't make sense?
  • LonLB
    Options
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind.

Wait....so you found a guy who THOUGHT it & you THINK he thought it & you are having a go at him for thinking it?

I think.

Wait....unless a guy actually SAID it..... then he's allowed more than welcome to say he dont date big girls.You going to hate on someone for not wanting to date a big girl? It's HIS choice...
  • LonLB
    Options
    When I was dating (and very fit), I immediately rejected any guy who indicated he didn't date "fat chicks." Even if an online profile said, "HWP," I would write that guy off. I figured if a guy wouldn't take the time to know me when I was fat, I certainly didn't want to know him when I was fit.

When you were fit did you give fat guys the same amount of time or consideration as fit guys?
  • SieSie76
    SieSie76 Posts: 60
    Options
    Every body has their own personal preference in the kind of person they like. I know guys who only like skinny girls, guys who like muscle girls, and guys who like girls with meat on their bones. Each girl is different and unique; they have that something that the guy likes. Bigger girls have the super sexy busty curves while thinner girls have the delicate softer curves. Some guys like more while others like less. So I don't think you should feel bad that a guy isn't into you because of your size because it just means there's someone else who can and will appreciate you so much more.

Now, the problem occurs when the guy "pokes fun" at the girl because of her size. It's not just bigger girls that get harassed either. I've seen thinner girls get told they look sick, bony, anorexic, and other such terms. I know some guys who just don't like thinner girls because they look "breakable". These are the kind of guys you want to stay away from. This is actually advice for everyone, guy or girl.... If they don't fit your preference, then politely say so. DON'T poke fun at the person. Words do hurt and leave internal scars. Sad fact...

But yeah, that's my opinion and my input. :) I think, no matter your size, make the best of it and forget the haters. Besides, nothing effects the haters more than seeing you still hold your head high, no matter what. Confidence is sexy~
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is something that, somehow, I've never encountered... and I've been over 200 pounds for the last 12 years. Actually, in the last few years, where I've weighed the most, I've also had the most self-confidence... and run into more guys being interested in me.

Plus 1+. So many of my male friends love bigger women. I was not comfortable there but that does not mean that big is not beautiful. This is the truth. My SO is a bodybuilder and liked me softer than I am now.

Who knew??!!??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think people date who they want to date. I'm not going to concern myself with everyone's personal preferences.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't even fake outrage over this, and I used to be a "big girl." No one needs to be apologetic about what he or she finds attractive. His manner may have been offensive to you, and that sucks, but I'm not going to join the crusade against guys who prefer to date thinner women.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You can be as PC as you want, but you like what you like.

It's a different story, however, when it comes to explaining to someone why you don't want to date her. Only a jerk would tell a woman that he won't date her because she's too "big".