NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options

Replies

• TeresaMcCullough
    TeresaMcCullough Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling pulling my jeans on, without unzipping them..lol..I have been doing Myfitness pal since Jan 2013, I have los 48 lbs..I still want to lose a few more. I walk everyday, and work 2 jobs too. I keep my calories below what I am supose to eat. But thats ok..I am getting results, But I have to say the weight just came off so easy at first, now I am lucky to lose a 1lb or 2 a week.but I am still at it, and wont give up. I made 2 weight loss goals and masterd both, now working on goal 3. I have only 2 lbs to go to reach 145-. I think I will set my next goal at 142. I am at 147 now. I feel great and love looking in the morror again.But my arms need work, all the flab!!!! UGH..I really dont know if my arms will be tone again, I always had big arms, I thought. . good luck to all, and keep on keeping on..you will make it! :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    chin line.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have always walked and I just recently dared to alternate between speed walking and jogging. The longest I've gone is 5mins and I'm trying to wait until I lose 20 more lbs before I do the C25K but sometimes I just get the urge to job hehe From just speed walking to now being able to jog 5mins straight and walk then some more jogging. I'm pretty proud. If I keep pushing I'll be jogging before summer is over. My goal is to jog 3miles straight without stopping. I don't even have a time limit yet but I just want to be able to do the 3 miles jogged. :)

If you can jog for 5 minutes straight you're already well into the c25k! If you want to do it, don't wait for those 20 lbs, because you're already practically mid-way through the program on your own!

Exactly. I was 215 when I started C25k and there have been plenty of graduates heavier than that.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The fact that I've actually been consistently working out. Normally when I tell myself I need to get in shape I work out for a week and then stop for no reason. This time around I've been at it for about 3 months and am still going.

I'm just finished week 7 of C25K and it has me run 25 minutes straight. I have never been able to do that before. I remember running a 5k in eighth grade. I finished it in 35 mins,but I remember having to stop and walk more than once. My pace is probably about a 45 min 5k pace but I don't have to stop and walk! I also love doing my C25k run and always love seeing my numbers improve every time I go out.

The other day I walked to the park to meet up with friends so our kiddos could play together. On of my friends told me my legs were looking rather toned.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This is especially important to me right now, as I am fighting for every pound on the scale and I keep over-eating my calories...

But I have way more definition in my arms and my endurance and core strength has increased! Also, I quit smoking with the use of an e-cig!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    About 2 or 3 months ago I bought a few pairs of pants in a smaller size during a 50% off sale at a thrift store near where I worked. I figured 1. I will fit into them in a few months or 2. for $3 what the hell? After going though what seemed like the longest plateau, and thinking I would never fit in those pants, today I got into a pair of those pants AND they were kinda loose on me. Yay for $3 pants.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sharing one for my fiancé....

This morning he had to use a different belt because the other ones he had were all too big!
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    perfectly fitting into a new look, size 10.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend smacked my *kitten* this morning and hurt his hand on it. The squats are a-working.
    Love this!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Today I'm wearing a dress that I received as a gift about a year ago. Couldn't get it over my hips at the time. Looks great now!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I got dressed at the pool after my shower and the waistband of my underwear was way up over the back of my pants! I got home and changed into a much smaller pair of bikini ones, rather than granny panties!

:blushing:
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lets have more of these - scales don't tell the full story. I have to buy new clothes as I have gone down a size, starting to feel fitter. Having a guy at work mention very loudly (across a whole room of guys) I was looking skinny - quite funny really as I still have a way to go - but made me smile all day.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    This is especially important to me right now, as I am fighting for every pound on the scale and I keep over-eating my calories...

But I have way more definition in my arms and my endurance and core strength has increased! Also, I quit smoking with the use of an e-cig!

Congratulations!!!

Yeah for nonsmoking!
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was browsing through the community boards and found this one - everyone has such great NSV's and I am so inspired. I started MFP about 3 weeks ago and had lost about 27 pounds through portion control and healthy eating prior to starting here.

Had not thought about Non Scale Victory's but when I started thinking about it, I was amazed at how many I have:

I have made it through 3 weeks of couch to 5k (can now 3 minutes straight)! The last time I attempted to try running at the begining of this year I gave up after 2 days lol. A related yet minor NSV that makes me smile when doing the couch to 5k, is that when I walk/jog/run with my elbows bent at approximately a 90-degree angle with my arms and elbows swinging past my chest and waistline— I don't hit the rolls/stomach I had a few months back when I was starting my walking and making attempts at running at the begining of the year. That has been an awesome feeling to feel that air around the midline of my body and know that my torso and waistline is getting leaner.

Another NSV, is that I have no issues rolling/getting out of bed when I wake up; plus no back pain when i accidentally sleep on my tummy.

My size 14 jeans that used to be very tight and had forced me to upgrade to a 16 and then 16W are now baggy woop woop..the 16's can't even stay up. Old twelves I had in my closet from pre-2 kids ago, are now a perfect fit.

I can wear heals comfortably without feeling the strain on them and me under my weight ( i had given up on heals because of discomfort and I was wearing them out so badly and some were buckling or breaking of at my heaviest which was 198 ( 5' 4) in December of 2012.

Another NSV is that I don't dread working out ----why? Because I feel great after and have alot more energy.

Related NSV, is that I like the work out gear area of the store...had never been in that section and I NOW LOVE looking at sports bras, shorts, spandexy stuff, excersise dvd's, hrm's, weights/dumbbells, arm/wrist bands, weighted gloves etc. Even though i have not used most of the work out gear, I am already thinking and planning ahead for purchases I am planning on making.

A collegue that I had not seen in about a year did not recoginize me and finally when it registered that it was me during a meeting, she exclaimed "OMG, I had no idea it was you"..."You look so young". Wow...I don't feel like I have lost that much to get that kind of reaction....but I think just having a healthier lifestyle and excersing is making me look happier and dare I say youthful:-).

Wishing you all much continued success on this journey to health and fitness!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Mine just yesterday: Instructor in workout class used me as a "look at this" for one of our more difficult moves. I was so stunned!!

(It was a jump squat up/down onto a bench, touching the bench as you go down on the floor...I was touching flat-handed, bent-armed which means my squat was to the g-r-o-u-n-d !!)
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I can take off my shorts without even undoing the button! But most surprisingly, I can finally fit in the pair of jeans that I bought a month ago, when I began all this! It's still not a perfect fit but it's a pretty good feeling nonetheless!
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Being able to paint my toe nails much easier than before :P, clothes are feeling more comfortable and loose, and confidence is rising :)
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today I drug out the tape measure and I now have a 32" waist, down from a 36" one :).
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    At the end of last week I bought a dress on clearance that was size 18/20. I wear 22/24.

I have been testing out juicing fruits and veggies. Today I decided to use it as a snack instead of a meal because the solid food helps fill me up, but sipping this here and there throught the day has kept me from snacking!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Being able to get out of the bathtub without nearly breaking my back or the side rail off the wall!