SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options
okay, the size zero trend hit the fashion industry and never really faded..... Do you think size zero is a healthy possibility? and can anybody with willpower attain it? my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it (look at bebo, man!)
What do you think?

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If you naturally have the body type for it yes, but if you don't, no.
  • Dominantia
    Dominantia Posts: 18
    Options
    I think you can achieve it tha healthy way but many people would like to do it no matter what. And well, it depends on your height as well- if you're very short you can easily achieve size zero but if you're for example 5'10''?
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    size zero is a 23 inch waist, most models are actually a size 2. I think size zero only looks good when the person still has a decent body fat percentage.
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    honestly when I'm not eating a bunch of junk I'm a zero. and yes you can only be a zero healthily if its you body type. personally I prefer being at a 1.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    okay, the size zero trend hit the fashion industry and never really faded..... Do you think size zero is a healthy possibility? and can anybody with willpower attain it? my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it (look at bebo, man!)
    What do you think?

My sister was a size zero at one point. She was underweight at 115-125 at 5' 10''. She is naturally thin though and struggles to put on weight, except when she's pregnant. I am not sure what she weighs now after having her two kids. She is still thin. That is probably not a goal I can reach in a healthy manner.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not built that way, becoming a size zero is an unrealistic expectation for most people. Unless you were born with really narrow hips and fast metabolism I would shoot for something more attainable.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I think some women are just naturally small in frame and can be size zero and be healthy and fit. However, I think the average woman has a frame that's probably too large to be healthy and fit at that size.
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you naturally have the body type for it yes, but if you don't, no.

Ditto. One person's easy size 0 is someone else's hell on earth. I like to work to maintain my weight, but for me I've got no interest in size 0.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to be a size 0 if there's famine in the land...
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Why get focused on a particular size of clothing? Instead, strive to be as healthy as you can without the added pressure of fitting into something. I would much rather see someone who is living life to it's fullest as a size 8, or even 10, than someone who is always sacrificing to be a size 0.

Do what you feel is best for you, but this is my $.02
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If your curvy...then no..

I have been 106lbs, and had a 24 in waist....and I was still a size 2. Early college measurements were 36/24/36...havent seen a zero since I topped 100lbs. Btw... I am 5 ' 2" so I was not technically unhealthy...but I like my body best at a size 4 ( I actually have a top)
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I remember like 20 years ago there was a special k cereal commercial and it was about a gal who was the PERFECT SIZE 6 thanks to eating the cereal. And for me, 6 is the PERFECT SIZE. I absolutely think 6 IS a much better size than ZERO. I am 5'5" and would probably have to weigh in the low 100s to achieve a size zero and I think I'd look sick. When I've been 120 and a size 4, I've been told I look too small and need to EAT!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pushing between a size 0 and a size 2. But I'm only 5'3" have an EXTREMELY small frame, and weigh 111 pounds, too. The hardest part for me is actually *finding* those sizes anywhere....
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    it's fine for me as I am petite, but size zero came about due to vanity sizing, right? I mean it was basically 2,4,6, etc until that started to happen. Either way, there is always going to be someone smaller than you, and in my opinion the smallest number isn't really what anyone should be striving for. You might get yourself down to zero but make yourself sick in the process.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I was not built to be and never will be a size 0, the smallest size at my tiniest and healthiest weight was a size 5 and I couldn't get into anything smaller because my hips (the bones themselves) were too wide to do so.

It can be attained by people who are physically (bone and muscle structure) built to be that small size.
  • PriyaCharan
    PriyaCharan Posts: 40
    Options
    size zero is a 23 inch waist, most models are actually a size 2. I think size zero only looks good when the person still has a decent body fat percentage.
    ive got to agree with you, some size zero models dont look beautiful to me..... they actually look very sick but some size zero models and celebrities(kareena kapoor) look gorgeous and i think its because they have a decent body fat percentage.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever reach a size 0, even if I tried!
    I think a UK size 8 would be the smallest I could ever reach. Only because my mum was a size 8 and I have the same body type as her. But really worked really really hard and looked sickly, she even admitted herself all she did was eat salads and exercise whilst working 2 jobs.
  • 2ahealthyme
    2ahealthyme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", and I would never WANT to be a zero. I think that I look sick and unhealthy at anything less than a size 10. My 19 yo daughter, however is 5'3" and is a healthy size 0.

She's my mini-me. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I could never be a size zero... EVER! I am 6 feet tall with an above average bone structure. The attempt alone would kill me.

It is not safely attainable for everyone.