SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I doubt I could get to a zero but I know someone who is a size zero, fits comfortably in a 2 but chooses to wear a size 6 because they are very body conscious. She is 5'10" and very willowy. If I was that size I would embrace it and enjoy it instead of wearing really baggy clothes. Each to his own though. When I was slimmest at 140 I was filling a size 7 misses/ 8 women. I want to be 135. I can't imagine at 5'8" going any thinner without eating next to nothing.
  • Scorchy
    Scorchy Posts: 12
    Options
    It really does depend on body type. I have a friend who is a size 0 for her top half (with a seriously itty bitty waist) but a size 4 for her bottom half. Those hips are just part of her build and never going anywhere.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was a size 0 for a little while after I lost all my weight (visit my profile :smile: )- it wasn't too hard for me to maintain, but I don't think I was very healthy about it. I'm not too tall though, and I have a very small frame, but I don't think I'll ever get back to that size- and I don't know that I want to anymore.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Man, I so don't understand chicks...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever reach a size 0, even if I tried!
    I think a UK size 8 would be the smallest I could ever reach. Only because my mum was a size 8 and I have the same body type as her. But really worked really really hard and looked sickly, she even admitted herself all she did was eat salads and exercise whilst working 2 jobs.

A UK size 8 is more like a US size 4. A US size 0 is more like a UK size 4.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    One of my friends still shops in the kid's section. She's 32.

That's my goal!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think a UK size 8 would be the smallest I could ever reach. Only because my mum was a size 8 and I have the same body type as her. But really worked really really hard and looked sickly, she even admitted herself all she did was eat salads and exercise whilst working 2 jobs.

*note to self.... never buy clothing in the UK*
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I was a size 2 at 5'9" - I looked ill, and I still cringe at the photographs that were taken from that timeframe. It took me 2 years and change to get back to where I could be healthy. I was 113 pounds... It wasn't pretty. It was also hindered by severe insomnia. :/ I was eating a ton and unable to gain weight because I wasn't sleeping more than 3 hours a night. Once I started sleeping - I put on weight. Of course, I also destroyed my metabolism and now am struggling to get back down to 130. But that's my low limit, period.

Also, sizing isn't everything. I wear clothing from a size 4 to a size 10 right now. Manufacturers/cut/design all vary, and so does my body structure from day to day! My goal weight is more a target for body fat percentage rather than what the tag says.... And I'm actually trying to reevaluate that a little bit as I have changed workouts and getting different results. :)
  • KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    until I got pregnant at 21 I had always been a size 0. I'm 4 ft 10 in. Back then my size was hard to find. Now, I don't care if I ever get that small again. I'm happier being fit and healthy. The comments I always got back then were how tiny my waist was. Now the comments are how fit and great I look.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally curvy and I have big hips, thighs, and calves, even when I weighed 105 pounds. I think the lowest I have ever worn was size 9, because of my hips and big leg factor.
  • Tewsy87
    Tewsy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Maybe for a younger not fully grown woman. But once you have curves, it's kind of unrealistic. Maybe for women who have a straighter body type. And you would have to work really hard to keep that up.
  • PriyaCharan
    PriyaCharan Posts: 40
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite.

I agree, its shouldnt be everyones goal. for one, i can never be a size zero even if i starved myself because i have naturally wide hips. I was just checking out some pics of bebos transformation and got curious..... im not moving towards a size zero anytime soon :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It depends. Junior's size zero is an impossibility for me. I probably couldn't even get my arms in the legs of juniors size 0 jeans.

But since I do have some size 2 in misses that fit, it's possible there's some vanity sized zeros that could fit.

I'm currently about 140 pounds, with a decent amount of muscle. I'm able to fit into clothes I wore in high school and into my early 20s when I was 105-120 pounds. Losing more weight won't make me significantly smaller, just bonier. And it's the width of those bones that determine my clothing size.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

I was just thinking if this thread referred to a US or UK size zero. There was a thing a few years ago, when size zero fascination was at its peak, about being a true zero which is being a UK size zero, which would be like a -4 in the US.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pushing between a size 0 and a size 2. But I'm only 5'3" have an EXTREMELY small frame, and weigh 111 pounds, too. The hardest part for me is actually *finding* those sizes anywhere....

My daughter is a 00, and we find a very nice selection at Delias? We are in NC.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite.

I agree, its shouldnt be everyones goal. for one, i can never be a size zero even if i starved myself because i have naturally wide hips. I was just checking out some pics of bebos transformation and got curious..... im not moving towards a size zero anytime soon :)

But you said this in your OP:
    my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it

That statement is scary!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Threads like this can turn ridiculous because people start placing all kinds of judgements on the size 0. I don't think a size should be a goal. Being fit is a better goal and whatever size that turns out to be, is the right size for that person.
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your height and build! For example a short woman with a small frame could totally pull it off and still look great, but for someone like me who is 5'9"....not so much!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    for me? Yes. For everyone? No. I say yes for me, because I am a size zero and I am healthy. Healthier now, in fact than I was when I was wearing a size 6, weighing 98 pounds. I'm now wearing a zero, but weigh 118 pounds. I wore a size zero at 130 pounds with 15% body fat, too. It CAN be healthy, so long as the person goes about it the right way.

ETA: I am 35, 5'5" and have 2 children.
  • PriyaCharan
    PriyaCharan Posts: 40
    Options
    Man, I so don't understand chicks...
    You are not the only one :D