SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I think you can achieve it tha healthy way but many people would like to do it no matter what. And well, it depends on your height as well- if you're very short you can easily achieve size zero but if you're for example 5'10''?

<--- 5' 9 1/2" size 2. Yes, I am very healthy and no, I didn't have to starve myself to get to this size.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I wear size 2s and 4s and I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds. So to get me to a zero would probably just mean dropping to 110-115 which is completely doable for me. I weighed 107 at age 22 AFTER having a child. But that's just my body type. I've got a friend that will NEVER wear a size zero because that girl has some serious tree trunk legs no matter what she weighs (which works on her because of her body type so she looks great). I really think it's body type.

I do not aspire to be a size zero. I think I'm at a healthy weight right now and 2s and 4s are fine with me. Size 6 was my original goal, and because of age and weight shifting, the goal weight I wanted got me to 2s and 4s. I'm happy here.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I am confident that I would not be a size zero even after death and decomposition. It isn't possible for everyone. Do what is right for you.
  • meltedkeys
    meltedkeys Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A SIZE ZERO IS A 23 INCH WAIST???!!! SINCE WHEN???? I WAS A 24 INCH WAIST ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS NEVER UNDER A SIZE 7. I HAD 5% BODY FAT AND WAS TOO THIN. SO MUCH FOR A SIZE ZERO BEING "HEALTHY" AND HAVING A 23" WAIST.....
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law is a size 00. Shes 23, eats ALOT. And is 5'3. Its just her metabolism. Shes also 80 pounds, cant gain weight. Its just in the family, her brother is the same way, 7% body fat, cant gain weight no matter how many calories he consumes
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I live in Hawaii and there are tons of people--mostly of Japanese descent--who are easily and healthily a size 0. People who are naturally small and short can definitely be that size, (and they are probably the same ones who wear all the size 5 women's shoes I see in thrift shops all the time!) And even taller people can wear very small sizes, too...totally depends on body type...and also crazy vanity sizing! I just donated a pair of 00 (00?!? WTF?) Banana Republic pants that fit me, at 5'9", 140 lbs. That kind of sizing always makes me wonder what the truly small people wear.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I was a size zero my junior year of high school. I weighed 105, and am 5'5 (was closer to 5'3 then)

My biggest was a size 10, 167.

I know I will never see anything smaller than a 6. I am pretty curvy and my pelvic bones themselves are not getting any smaller. I'm happy with my 8, but they are getting too baggy even. Glad I saved my 6's!

However, I do have a friend from high school who was a size 0 up until she was 22. Then she had two kids. Now she's a size 2. She's 4'11 and very small boned.

To me size zero means nothing, I mean, 0 = nothing, right? Why be nothing?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    A SIZE ZERO IS A 23 INCH WAIST???!!! SINCE WHEN???? I WAS A 24 INCH WAIST ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS NEVER UNDER A SIZE 7. I HAD 5% BODY FAT AND WAS TOO THIN. SO MUCH FOR A SIZE ZERO BEING "HEALTHY" AND HAVING A 23" WAIST.....

you had 5% in high school? Were you the strongest person at your school??
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a girlfriend who is size 0. She's beautiful, strong, and healthy. That's just how her body is built. For me I know it's not a reasonable or attainable goal. It's just not my body structure and that's fine, too.
  • bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight of adulthood, when I looked my very best, I was a size10. I am tall and am just not built to be a size zero. Could I get there? Probably, but I'd be severely underweight.
  • aprilnikki
    aprilnikki Posts: 6
    Options
    Agreed

Why get focused on a particular size of clothing? Instead, strive to be as healthy as you can without the added pressure of fitting into something. I would much rather see someone who is living life to it's fullest as a size 8, or even 10, than someone who is always sacrificing to be a size 0.

Do what you feel is best for you, but this is my $.02
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If I was dead and my flesh had rotted away, I might be able to get into a size 4. Unless they do vanity sizing for zombies.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It all depends on a woman's frame, height, muscle build, and bust. Not everyone is built to be super thin without taking extreme measures. For those who are petite, it is attainable and healthy. For others it isn't. I'm happy with my current size. I'm cutting body fat further, and who knows if I will be a small size 2 by the end of it, but it isn't something I would try for, personally. I have been a size 0 done the old-fashioned starvation way, and I looked gaunt.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I think hollister is the only place that would do a size 4. I think it's true that they don't size above a UK size 12?
    I went shopping with my friend and she got very upset because she can wear size 6 pants and tops without it looking strange, but when she wears a size 6 dress it falls off her bust it looks huge on her.

All women should know a good tailor.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    vanity sizing. I work in the fashion industry and size 0 is sometimes the same sizing as a childrens size 10. Its pretty messed up if you ask me. Our models don't even wear size 0, most wear a size 4-6.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    A big part is the brand and what type of clothing it is.. I'm 5ft, 6 in, 34 years old, pear shaped and weigh 124lbs (mom of three kiddos). I currently wear a size 2 jeans/shorts but have several size 0 skirts and extra-small dresses. Just depends on what it is/what brand it is.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Absolutely for some people (with narrow hips). I will never be that person lol.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Absolutely for some people (with narrow hips). I will never be that person lol.

<~~~ this girl does not have narrow hips.
  • ravvie88
    ravvie88 Posts: 2
    Options
    Vanity sizing is so out of control that size zero is not even that small in many brands. I tried to buy a suit at Express a couple of weeks ago and the zero fit me a bit loosely, and I am not that small- 25.5 inch waist. I don't know what truly petite women do.

Tiny niggle: petite doesn't mean skinny--it means short. Specifically at a height of 5'4" and under.
    There are lots of short fat girls (i'm one of them). I'm still petite; I just have a big butt and chest. lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Not possible for me. The smallest I could probably ever be is maybe a 4. Currently an 8.