SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Vanity sizing is so out of control that size zero is not even that small in many brands. I tried to buy a suit at Express a couple of weeks ago and the zero fit me a bit loosely, and I am not that small- 25.5 inch waist. I don't know what truly petite women do.

Tiny niggle: petite doesn't mean skinny--it means short. Specifically at a height of 5'4" and under.
    There are lots of short fat girls (i'm one of them). I'm still petite; I just have a big butt and chest. lol

I used "petite" in the general sense of the word, not the fashion-industry-specific one. Sorry not to make myself clearer.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Size zero is more like a 2 nowadays. I can wear size 0 in certain brands, and I don't look unhealthy or too small.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Man, I so don't understand chicks...

That's a good one! LOL!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    LOL--My ancestors are all of strong rural Eastern European stock. I'll never be a size 0! Size 10 will be about as good as it gets, and even with losing 30% of my starting body weight, my legs are still tree stumps.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    Size zero is more like a 2 nowadays. I can wear size 0 in certain brands, and I don't look unhealthy or too small.

Are you trying to get smaller than a 0, you are still losing weight, right?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm a size zero in some stuff...I'm also a size 1, a size 2, a size 3, a size 4, heck I'm even a size 5.

It really doesn't matter.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Ever notice how women's wear clearance racks ALWAYS have XXS or really tiny sizes like a 0 left and all the other sizes are gone? I think that is evidence that the typical woman can't fit into a size zero even at a healthy weight.

So... sure I think there are tiny women out there that might wear a 0 but I think it becomes an unhealthy goal for MANY MORE than that.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    My wife wears size O petite and sometimes a OO. This is after having four kids. Would go to 150 lbs. with each (all were between 8lb. 6oz. to 8lb. 9oz.) and 3 months after giving birth was right back to her 95lbs. She is 5ft. 1in. and the doctor tells her she should weight around 107 to 110. She has managed to reach 107 a couple of times but just as soon as she slows up on her eating it's right back to 95lbs.. Has had her thyroid and everything else checked out and all is normal. Doctors just tell her it's just the way she is built. She works out 4 times weekly (2 times cardio and 2 times weight) and probably eats 3500 calories a day easy. Have actually found her crying a few times because her coworkers tease her about how much she eats. Her father always kept a copy of her birth certificate in the truck as he kept getting pulled over for her not being in a child seat. She was 15 at the time. Sometimes I wish I had her problem but after seeing how much stress it puts on her at times I'm not so sure. Her grandmother that lived into her nineties and seven children was the same way until the day she passed away.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Are you trying to get smaller than a 0, you are still losing weight, right?

I'm more concerned with toning at this point. But...I was saying size 0 isn't as small as it sounds, I'm 5'6 125 lbs so I'm at a normal weight for my height and age. Clothing manufacturers make clothes bigger with a small number on the tag now.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think you can achieve it tha healthy way but many people would like to do it no matter what. And well, it depends on your height as well- if you're very short you can easily achieve size zero but if you're for example 5'10''?

I disagree, if your short AND naturally thin then you are more likely to achieve a size zero. For shorter girls (as one myself) I think its harder because we have smaller abdominal areas and smaller legs and weight shows WAY more then with taller people. I know many taller people who weight more or about the same as me and wear smaller clothes than I do. So I believe that opposite is true, the taller you are the better chance that you could achieve a size zero, i.e. work at it.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    okay, the size zero trend hit the fashion industry and never really faded..... Do you think size zero is a healthy possibility? and can anybody with willpower attain it? my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it (look at bebo, man!)
    What do you think?

It is attainable with a lot of hardwork (again if you are that body type). But, what matters most is if you can maintain it.
    I am sure Bebo is a size 2 or 4 now. she hardly maintained a size 0.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    for me? Yes. For everyone? No. I say yes for me, because I am a size zero and I am healthy. Healthier now, in fact than I was when I was wearing a size 6, weighing 98 pounds. I'm now wearing a zero, but weigh 118 pounds. I wore a size zero at 130 pounds with 15% body fat, too. It CAN be healthy, so long as the person goes about it the right way.

ETA: I am 35, 5'5" and have 2 children.

When you have a nice round butt, legs and hips at 5'5, you will never be a size zero. If this is your pic, you are on the wrong site. You shouldn't lose another pound. You look great and I wouldn't worry about counting calories ever again.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you naturally have the body type for it yes, but if you don't, no.

^Yeah, that.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    If you naturally have the body type for it yes, but if you don't, no.

Agree. I was a size zero then I started weight training and then had kids. I can be a size zero again. But if that means no muscle, I don't want it. Size 2 and 4 is a happy place for my legs and butt.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'3. I have no desire to EVER be a size zero. I have an asss and hips...they aren't going anywhere. I am a size 6-8 now. I would look ridiculously unhealthy at a size 0, 'I' being the key word.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    nobody can see the tag on your clothes unless you are wearing them inside out anyway.....so if it's your healthy body and you are a zero that's great.
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    It's all about body type, women with big hips can't be a size 0 which is fine, I can be a size 0 when I eat super strict but I rather be a 1 I think that fit looks best on me.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0 in Chico's clothing. its just the way they size their clothing. I'm a 4 or 6 depending on the cut for all other stores. I bought a pair of pants at Chico simply because I wanted a size 0 in my closet :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have a nice round butt, and I get compliments on it all the time and always have. People all through high school, college, when I traveled to India, and everywhere have referred to me as having a "[insert my name here] butt", or told me I had the butt of a goddess, so you can have a round booty and still be a size 0, if your waist is smaller.

No not everyone will be or should be a size 0, but there is no need to place judgements on why someone is a size 0. A size 0 is for a smaller framed person.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?