SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately... ( and i know who Bebo is)....the Bollywood industry is way too focused on the actresses being as skinny as possible. Im from India and i grew up in this culture...its basically..." be as skinny as you can possibly be without regard to whether or not youre really fit or if youre "skinny fat"

Bebo may be a size 0...but is she fit or just skinny fat? There has been plenty of news ( most of which i watched on TV and in the newspapers in India) about her "diet" which consists of eating like a bird and starving herself most of the time.

This is Kareena Kapoor, Bollywood actress...for those who may not know who " Bebo" is.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, I plan on getting pretty small. Down to my lowest adult weight which is 118. I was a 24 inch waist at the time so if former posters are correct that 23 is size zero, and I plan on being more fit than back then by lifting, so a smaller waist may ensue. Also that size zero has now replaced a bigger size as all sizes have bumped up due to (I'm guessing) vanity sizing...then there is a possibility I may be one. IF that happens it will be my most guarded secret. I can't even imagine anyone asking "what size are you" and responding "ZERO" all natural and happy without hearing *gasp* and getting weird looks. I couldn't possibly imagine giving BinaryPulsars logical explanation after that and having it be accepted. So whatever size I end up being from 4 to 0 it will be my secret. Along with how I got there, because of all the millions of MFP threads I've read where onlookers to weight loss chime in with insane philosophies, tips, and suggestions.

My size, my weight, my methods=my business. Have a nice day.:flowerforyou:

I plan to tell everyone that the secret is chocolate. They're never happy when I say calorie counting.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My BF is 5'7" and she weighs 105 pounds. Always been skinny as a rail. At her heaviest, 9 months pregnant, she weighed 130 pounds. She wears a size 0. She has 4 kids and you would never think she had even one. Some people are just genetically lucky I guess. My goal is to be a solid size 6 ( US 6 ).

BTW, some of us who have children never look like we've had kids. How does that look anyway? Just wondering because I hear people say that all the time, 'you don't even look like you had kids'.

well i guess it depends, depending on the day, age of the children, and health of the mother, it can look like this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvzdqO87hK_ZihI8J3ulnVLDkVUCsM6LH7FBs0rreOb2V5jZV2JQ
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    this happy-mom.jpg

(notice the cartoon version is the sad one, the happy one is real life people! Yay for reality.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this conversation kind of makes me want to cry. Why are you (and the world) so obsessed with being so small? I'm struggling right now just to get down to the "overweight" category...I'm naturally very heavy and have a hard time taking off any sort of weight that I put on. (Yes, there are medical factors involved and I am working with my doctor on overcoming those.) Shouldn't we be more concerned with being healthy? Shouldn't we be focused less on size and more on whether a person has low blood pressure, their blood glucose levels, and their cholesterol?

Yes we should and those of us who are not small should never be made to feel bad because we're not a size 0. I'm losing weight to maintain my health, and if I didn't have to, I wouldn't be worried about my weight. I'm definitely not going to worry about getting down to a size 'nothing'

Lol size 0 is just a size, not size "nothing". Is size 12 "size everything" then?

Hahahah angry fatty.

"Everything" bagel anyone?

tumblr_ltzlp7ta1y1r5hjqyo1_500.jpg in my case yes, currently am probably a size 12 (or 10, or 8,) depending on the store and I do think "everything" is a good name for it because I can eat anything the way I diet. Also, though I will be able to eat "everything" when I am a size zero too. Yay for me. And yay for IIFYM.

ETA: btw. "angry fatty" --uncalled for. and too much. seriously. i didn't think it was right to shame the size zero's by calling them size "nothing" as I plan to be one soon. i also don't think it's right to call the size 12's "angry fatty" as I beleive I currently am one. I have never been a size 18 or 22 but I can guess I will find it equally as offensive if you come up with a name for them being that I, like almost everyone everywhere has a couple in their family that fit this description. (I thought there was an age limit to go on MFP? Who let the 12 year old mentalities in here?)
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have size 0 or 2 pants because I have narrow hips and a small bum. Not because I am underweight.
    So if you read my stats on the internet you'd say I was too skinny. But if you ran into me in real life you might notice I have muscle definition and boobs. You wouldn't look at me and say "boy, shes too skinny".
    People need to just be more open minded and realise that everyone is different and one vague set of numbers can't possibly define millions of individuals.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    This is an amusing thread. Seems like there are some size 12 girls hating on size zero girls. I'm not going to lie, I find size 0 girls to be most attractive.

Nobody's hating, everybody type is not meant to be a size 0 and most women aren't, but people have literally starved themselves to be liked and judged by people who find size zeroes more attractive than regular size women.

You're amusing, as you are the primary hater. I scanned through the comments and you deliberately made comments at three size 0 girls. Something along the lines of "you shouldn't be on this website" or "you angry as use to be 45 pounds". Just because you're way past your prime at 47, don't hate on young beautiful women.

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size.
    THIS!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Depends on your build. For some, it's very achievable while others can never go there without resorting to extreme measures, or not at all.

That said, clothing sizes don't really mean much to me. I have clothes ranging from size 0 through size 9 in my closet and they ALL fit.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, I plan on getting pretty small. Down to my lowest adult weight which is 118. I was a 24 inch waist at the time so if former posters are correct that 23 is size zero, and I plan on being more fit than back then by lifting, so a smaller waist may ensue. Also that size zero has now replaced a bigger size as all sizes have bumped up due to (I'm guessing) vanity sizing...then there is a possibility I may be one. IF that happens it will be my most guarded secret. I can't even imagine anyone asking "what size are you" and responding "ZERO" all natural and happy without hearing *gasp* and getting weird looks. I couldn't possibly imagine giving BinaryPulsars logical explanation after that and having it be accepted. So whatever size I end up being from 4 to 0 it will be my secret. Along with how I got there, because of all the millions of MFP threads I've read where onlookers to weight loss chime in with insane philosophies, tips, and suggestions.

My size, my weight, my methods=my business. Have a nice day.:flowerforyou:

Thanks!

Thanks everyone who said they liked what I said! And for all the nice comments in here.

:flowerforyou:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    love size zero. but find a healthy way to get there.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I also want to give even more props to BinaryPulsar as well, after sifting through this whole thread (yes, it's Friday night and I have a lot of time on my hands).

She is one of the most eloquent posters here, and I am so glad I have had the pleasure of making her acquaintance on this forum.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Honestly everyone has a different body shape, regardless of their body fat percentage. For me, size 4 is the healthy size that allows me to be fit and run marathons whereas that is size 6 for someone else.
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    any guyz out there a size 0-3?
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My natural hip size and bone structure in general would probably never let me be below a size 4.

Granted.. I still have yet to see the day that I fit into a 4.. I just have a feeling so therefore I'm not going to try and make a ridiculous goal to get to a 0 just because other girls can.

I've been 5'7" since I was in 5th grade, and I'm 26 now. I've also always had a med/large muscular build. Never have I had the desire or goal to be a size 0. Maybe a 6... but no I don't think a 0 is reasonable or attainable for everyone.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Oh, and juniors size 1's are TINY. I fit consistently into a junior's size 7 pants, but a 0 to a 2 in women's dress sizes.

Juniors sizes and women's sizes are vastly different. I can't wear women's pants period - they just don't fit.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I also want to give even more props to BinaryPulsar as well, after sifting through this whole thread (yes, it's Friday night and I have a lot of time on my hands).

She is one of the most eloquent posters here, and I am so glad I have had the pleasure of making her acquaintance on this forum.

:heart:
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter is skin and bones with a bit of muscle spread everywhere... basically very healthy and fit. She is in a women's size 2/3. She is currently 4'9. So... no. I don't see how a size 0 can be at all healthy.

(Sorry... after reading some posts and going to look it up, I am wrong. My daughter wears a Juniors size 2/3, not a women's)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

Oh, I just realized that this person was claiming that I don't eat. No, I eat over 2000 calories a day (and I'm only 5'2"). Definitely ignorant, to claim that someone doesn't eat. :huh:
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It depends on frame size. Some look fabulous at a 0, others look emaciated.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's weird to think that some people have 23" biceps.