Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I started by going to a weight loss clinic. The doctor there put me on their packaged foods for 1 week. They were mostly okay, but the soups were really bad. Thin and grainy. I was pretty miserable.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies. Waste of cocoa.
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Some of those low calorie juices that my husband likes to drink... yuck :neutral_face:

Also, I had coconut juice before. I took one sip of it and threw it out . . . what a waste of money!
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Has to be karela (bitter melon) for me. Not sure whether I cooked it wrong or what. Usually I can eat most foods, even if I'm not too keen, but this. No. Never again.
  • 31st_Proverbs
    31st_Proverbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt. I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners and the fruity flavored ones are way to high on sugar. I'm trying to get used to the sourness. So far I swallow it as fast as I can so that I don't taste it much and then wash it down with water. My daughter keeps telling me there are tastier forms of protein....
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt - any kind
    Quinoa
    Almond Milk
    Coconut Milk
    Cottage Cheese
    Kale/Sweet potatos
    Chicken hotdogs
    Whole Wheat Rice
    Random "Ancient' grain bread (oh it tastes ancient alright)
    Low fat cheese (sooo soft and ick....)

I'm sure there's more, that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1. Kale Chips.
    2. Shiratake noodles. I tried so hard to like them but I couldn't lie to myself...
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Syntrax twisted cherry protein drink. So horrible and even worse aftertaste that lasted all day. It gave me a headache and nausea.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    The nasty sweat from the person in front of me in Spin Class who wiped her sweat and when she flipped the towel over her shoulder ended up spraying me somehow. I'm not generally opposed to the exchange of bodily fluids. Not this time, tho.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    I started by going to a weight loss clinic. The doctor there put me on their packaged foods for 1 week. They were mostly okay, but the soups were really bad. Thin and grainy. I was pretty miserable.

Yeah, back before I got my food education on, I tried Tony Ferguson (shakes and packet soups) - the soups were hideous. It was like drinking vaguely flavoured, watered down plaster of pasis with extra sand.
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes. They did not taste like sweets, they were incredibly hard.

Cottage cheese
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars... blech. ;-/
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I agree with the quest bars, I tried to like it after spending $3 on it, but I just couldn't do it. And pretty much every Low Calorie option at restaurants = sadness on a plate
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anything by Arctic Zero.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Defeat.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Old thread but had to bump it.

Anything made by WALDEN FARMS makes me want to vomit!! You have been warned. They are that "no calorie no carb" company that makes zero calorie alternatives for dips, dressings, tomato sauce, fluff, caramel syrup etc I've tried their dips, dressings, a ton of their products and every single one was repulsive beyond belief. Keep in mind I am someone who likes foods that most people hate like brussel sprouts, tofu, soy hotdogs, seaweed etc. And I couldn't even choke down Walden Farms onion dip on a bet. Uck
    38b11w4dyiro.jpg

OMG!!! Agreed!!! That stuff is horrible!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    goji berries = blah berries
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    cosmic8o8 wrote: »
    Almond milk...yucky! Cauliflower mashed potatoes are equally gross.

I love mashed cauliflower with butter, with or without a sprinkle of shredded
    cheese, or with homemade cheese sauce. People expecting them to taste like potatoes are crazy though.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The other day I made a smoothie with spinach, cottage cheese, almonds, peanuts, and a bit of soy milk. Really don't know what I was thinking, it was vile. Every mouthful made me gag! But I forced it down and washed it down with water...:sick:

It even sounds unappetizing.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking really hard about this. I think the worst thing I have tried is Stevia. It is a good way to ruin perfectly good coffee. I have just learned to like my coffee unsweetened.

I love all of the Kashi products I have tried so far. Not a fan of the Fiber One brownies. :(