Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    51m7%2BjpyQZL._SX385_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_.jpg

Quite possibly the worst thing I have every had EVER

Any wanna be ice cream that boasts 150 calls per pint is an automatic no go in my book.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Illona88 wrote: »
    Brown rice - just give me basmati and I will be a lot happier.

Basmati is a varietal of rice. Brown rice is rice that has not been scrubbed of its outer layers. The two are not exclusive.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Apple :s
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Oh god, any gluten free cookie or cupcake ever created. In fact, anyone who akes that stuff and sells it, or claims it is awesome... should just go lobotomize themselves.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    The TUNA SHAKE!
    It's a can of tuna, milk, and ice cubes. Blended.
    This popped up on the Internet ten years ago or something. I tried it once. "Once!"

http://www.deepsquatter.com/shake.htm
  • libbydoodle11
    Options
    The TUNA SHAKE!
    This popped up on the Internet ten years ago or something. I tried it once. "Once!"

That shake sounds horrifying!!!! Who would invent something like that!

I was not trying to lose any weight when I tried those fiber one bars. Blech!!! My bff raves about them. Yipes, they were awful!

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Some crazy person suggested nutritional yeast as a cheese substitute. OMG GROSS! I still eat real cheese, but if I couldn't, I'd rather go without cheese at all than eat that nastiness. Blap! :s

Sorry to all my vegan friends, but I just don't like fake foods. Same with fake meat. When I have a vegan meal on occasion, it has no fake meat products - like Big Franks and Tofurky and Chik'n... It's just straight plant foods cooked into savory deliciousness.

I do like veggie burgers, but they aren't really trying to look and taste like meat like some of those others do. They're just grains and veggies and mushrooms and nuts and other good stuff rolled into patty form so they can fit on a tasty bun. Those fake chicken nuggets, on the other hand, are just TRYING too hard to be something they're not. I'd rather not play pretend with my food. ;)
  • libbydoodle11
    Options
    carchie94 wrote: »
    201201-omag-juice-columbia-gorge-284x426.jpg

Grossest **** ever. Worse than when I bit into a nyquil capsule.

I do, however, love turkey bacon and coconut water. But I don't eat pork and Gatorade is a waste of calories, IMO.

I don't think I've tried that juice. However, I also despise Gatorade, any flavor is grim. Always have, always will.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Giving beets a second chance was a huge mistake. :dizzy_face:
  • NaeTeaspoon
    NaeTeaspoon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Coconut water - makes me shudder just thinking about it
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    coconut water. it was on sale at whole foods for like $5 for 5. i knew why
  • dbmata
    Options
    I don't understand you people.

Take coconut.
    Cut open.
    Add straw.
    Imbibe.

IT'S AWESOME! (Especially on the beach.)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dd
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Low fat alfredo sauce.
  • katerz86
    katerz86 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So.... you know how when you drink a fair amount of salt water you want to puke?

Nova Scotia, east coaster seaweed snack: Dulce

they pull it out of the ocean, dry it and eat it... I almost threw up, it was like a nasty flavored salt lick... omg... this is one of those things you just don't need to try ever.
  • dbmata
    Options
    take that dulce, soak it in a couple changes of fresh water, give it a fine mince, and mix it with cube of sushi grade ahi, some soy sauce, some sesame oil, and a little hit of sriracha or chili oil.

It'll be good.
  • katerz86
    katerz86 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    that does sound good but then it's no longer Dulce in all its potent disgustingness.

Damnit, now I want sushi.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I probably have more, but these are tops on my list:
    • Coconut water. I like the VitaCoco brand with expressed pineapple, but not fond of plain coconut water. It's ok though when it's mixed in smoothies. I remember thinking "you must be kidding" the first time I took a drink of coconut water.
    • PB2, plain and chocolate flavors. Way too salty for me. My friend inherited those jars.
    • Acorn squash. Yucky, smelly things. I didn't think that smell would ever leave the house! I've been trying different kinds of squash and so far that's the only squash that I found disgusting.
    • Almond cheese, and Almond Dream ice creams, yuck.
    • Nonfat cottage cheese. I love cottage cheese, but that stuff doesn't qualify.
    • Cool Whip Lite and sugar-free Jello. Yuck.
    • Nutritional Yeast. Someone on another website swore up and down that it was really good on popcorn. Blech! That stuff was so disgusting. My friend inherited that jar too!

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    The TUNA SHAKE!

My stomach turned just reading this. You were brave to try it once!! sick2.gif

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Almond stuff, yes... I had a chilled Blue Diamond latte a few weeks ago and it was unspeakable. It's what I actually clicked on the thread to write!

And gluten free cake is usually foul. I don't want to disappoint my friend with coeliacs when she declares some sad heap of sawdust squirted with jif lemon as good as lemon drizzle cake, because it's been so long since she has eaten the real thing.

Protein bars. Some are slightly less bad than others, but the when I tried one of the Supreme ones, it made me want to puke - but I couldn't, because my jaw was welded shut with fake peanut butter plumber's putty. *Mr Burns shudder*

I've tried about 5 brands and they've all been ghastly. Quest bars look interesting with their fancy pants flavours, but I imagine the texture to be just as bad (even in the frigging microwave) and they cost a king's ransom in the UK anyway.