Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I actually love the monster protein drinks.

My worst has been kale and Brussel sprouts. D; Also, Arctic Zero cardboard lies!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    51m7%2BjpyQZL._SX385_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_.jpg

Quite possibly the worst thing I have every had EVER

Yup. It wasn't available around here but someone here was boasting about it. So while on a business trip out east, I ran into store that had it. I bought it all excited and was getting ready for a treat at the hotel. Then I was like HOLY MOLY, THIS TASTES LIKE *kitten*! Was pissed off that I was all ready for ice cream at the hotel and ended up with frozen cardboard
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    eggs!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies. I'm sorry but I'd rather eat my vegetables instead of drinking them.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this qualifies, but at one time i was trying to go all holistic when i had a bad cold and this woman at the organic food store suggested "osha root"....

that s**t tastes like dirty celery water mixed with rubbing alcohol and gasoline. it's so hard to swallow that i have to psyche myself up for it for 10 minutes just staring at the half teaspoon of it because i'm too nervous to take it. my ex and i joked we should make our future kids swallow it as punishment, but it would definitely cross the line as torture.

just take your vitamins, kids.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    Green smoothies. I'm sorry but I'd rather eat my vegetables instead of drinking them.

I thought the exact same thing but I actually like the taste. Maybe didn't like the ingredients. Spinach, orange/apple juice banana and ice. Tastes nothing like spinach
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    c4rtr4t wrote: »
    i don't know if this qualifies, but at one time i was trying to go all holistic when i had a bad cold and this woman at the organic food store suggested "osha root"....

that s**t tastes like dirty celery water mixed with rubbing alcohol and gasoline. it's so hard to swallow that i have to psyche myself up for it for 10 minutes just staring at the half teaspoon of it because i'm too nervous to take it. my ex and i joked we should make our future kids swallow it as punishment, but it would definitely cross the line as torture.

just take your vitamins, kids.

Try one these next time:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/jan/02/how-to-make-the-perfect-hot-toddy
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    take that recipe, omit everything except the warmed liquor. Drink. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mung bean noodles. Yuck!!!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Beans :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    A plain bowl of rolled oats. The texture really bothers me. :s
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky in that I'm not fussy and tend to like pretty much anything and everything I come across... but quite a few of my past creations have been objectively disgusting. Problem is I have a bad habit of trying to power through things if I think they are good for me, though sometimes I really shouldn't.

I had unflavoured soy isolate powder in oatmeal for a week until it became unbearable... the last time I ate it I was trying not to throw up as I was forcing it down, wondering what the hell I was doing with my life. I tried it again last month, and tried it again with chocolate flavour this month. Still gross.

Unflavoured protein powder in oatmeal made with water is even worse... only had that a few times. Tried adding peanut butter; didn't work.

Another failure was my attempt at soy protein isolate powder 'eggs' I had that for breakfast for 2 weeks straight until I cracked. I still try it every now and then.

Cannelini bean 'potato cakes' (replace mashed potato with mashed cannelini beans). This one wasn't too bad... for the first dozen or so times, then it was the worst thing ever.

Unflavoured soy protein peanut butter bars... I don't know what I did wrong; I've made nice ones before, but the last batch was gross. Still ate them, all 1kg of them.

Unflavoured protein powder and water - my macros were unbalanced and I need more protein but nothing else, all I had was unflavoured... so I went for it. I made it thick so there wouldn't be as much and I could drink/eat it faster. Instant regret.

Apple protein shakes; an apple, milk, protein powder (think it was vanilla). That was bad. Really bad. Still drank it.

Creatine without water. Don't know why...

Protein powder dry. As above.

Dried milk dry. As above.

Tried blending chicken, green beans and brown rice into a shake... I actually didn't finish that one and had to make a new meal. I had a decent go at it though.

There are probably more, but I can't think of any right now. These are spread over many years.

Fortunately, most of the time my food is delicious, so I can bear with these mishaps.

• Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato. Horrible!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% greek yoghurt. twice the price and none of the flavour
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jodyb23 wrote: »
    Black Bean Brownies, I don't care what the food bloggers say mine still tasted like beans. Chocolate desserts baked with splenda soo bitter, burnt kale chips, protein powder mixed with just water with out blending it.

I tried these as well, it was the texture I hated more than the flavour - also went straight in the bin. Although they were "slightly" better than the chocolate protein brownies I tried to make, they were just evil...

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Iri_2 wrote: »
    Sweet potato. Horrible!

Gotta agree with you on that one.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms 0 calorie peanut butter-

This is the WORST thing that I've ever tried...

There are NO words...
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Oh girl I love rice and lentils. Its really good!

Me, too! I live on brown rice and lentils!

In the YUCK department... oatmeal... the regular kind, with no flavor, no fruit... it tastes like paste. Went right in the trashcan!

Weird that you 'love' rice and lentils (I couldn't agree more...) but you don't like oatmeal - kind of the same texture. Just 'spice' it up with some cinnamon and fruit or nuts if you like..

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    juiced spinach .. i still drink it but add it with other stuff. Couldnt get rid of the taste for hours lol!