Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I may bring some wrath on my head, but:

Turkey bacon. And I got the good brand name turkey bacon. Not only was it hard to cook, but it had a stringy, overly processed texture and had no real flavor to it. NEVER AGAIN! It's back bacon all the way now, lol!

Oh, the turkey bacon thing is disheartening. :( I was all set to try it out.

We had some at IHOP a few weeks ago, and my daughter (who won't eat anything that threatens to be healthy) and my mother (who makes fun of every healthy food I choose to eat) BOTH liked it.

Maybe it was just the brand?

I avoid pork for religious reasons perhaps its the way I was raised but I love turkey bacon so does my hubby who didn't eat it before me but a lot of people don't try it its a person by person thing :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Adding unflavored protein powder to oatmeal. Yuck.
    This. Even the Vanilla didn't work out. I will never ever add protein powder to my oatmeal. I will however add a few oats to my smoothie.

I don't much like cooked oatmeal I eat it raw lol ( texture thing)
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi..those whole grains are on a mission to make me choke!

!!!!!

Kashi Go Lean Crunch is one of my fav cereals!!! (good in yogurt too)....high in cals though :/

LOVE Kashi Go Lean Crunch!!!!!
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kale juice. Seriously...what was I thinking??!!

Ditto and Swiss Chard...not good
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hummus....I've tried and tried to like it and there's just no way that's every going to like it so I've moved on!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    PB2 Powder. It's fine when you mix it into things but with water as a PB sub? Bleh!

Protein Powder. Haven't found a way to ingest it yet. Everything I've tried grosses me out. Maybe it's just the brand I bought?

Coconut Water

Turkey Bacon (I actually didn't buy this; tried it at someone else's house. SO GROSS. I'll take regular bacon, please)

Arctic Zero. Seriously disgusting. Even DH hated it and he'll eat anything.

arctic-zero-ice-cream-review.jpg

Some things others have mentioned that I like.

Quinoa. It's hit or miss. Love mixing it into my oatmeal and I've found some tasty salad type recipes that are awesome.

Black Bean Brownies. I made these just the other day, out of boredom and a chocolate craving. Completely expected them to be awful but they taste good. Texture is odd. I got the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie blog.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm going with swiss chard. It made me feel like I was being electrocuted. Worst.food.ever.

Oh, man totally agree!!!

Ditto--blech
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey. Not even close to turkey. It was like eating rubber.

A tofu and greens quiche from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. It was so bad that my son and I took one bite and threw it down the disposal. I am now banned from making anything pie-shaped from that cookbook.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey. Not even close to turkey. It was like eating rubber.

A tofu and greens quiche from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. It was so bad that my son and I took one bite and threw it down the disposal. I am now banned from making anything pie-shaped from that cookbook.

I once tried the tofurkey deli slices. I should've known, disliking deli meat in the first place, that it was a bad idea. But this was worse than deli meat. It was like sweaty, rubbery deli meat impostor. Yech.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    Muscle Milk - I was told to try it for an after workout drink, that stuff is nasty!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Flax seeds. Disgusting.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    PCT pills. Taste and Smell
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Mango Flavored Protein Shake. Gross! It was like supercharged Pepto-Bismol. Ick!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    coconut water.. i hate coconut.. so i should have known.. lol
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    This horrible cream cheese stuffed salmon. It was JUST disgusting! I threw it out!
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Kale juice. Seriously...what was I thinking??!!

Kale is always best when mixed in with other things! I couldn't imagine drinking it straight! A brave soul you are!! Lol
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I may bring some wrath on my head, but:

Turkey bacon. And I got the good brand name turkey bacon. Not only was it hard to cook, but it had a stringy, overly processed texture and had no real flavor to it. NEVER AGAIN! It's back bacon all the way now, lol!

Oh, the turkey bacon thing is disheartening. :( I was all set to try it out.

We had some at IHOP a few weeks ago, and my daughter (who won't eat anything that threatens to be healthy) and my mother (who makes fun of every healthy food I choose to eat) BOTH liked it.

Maybe it was just the brand?

I like turkey bacon. Not as a substitute for real bacon, though...I mostly like it in sandwiches, especially the peppered kind.

I am changing my worst thing from swiss chard to the turkey enchiladas I tried (and immediately spit out) today. Mushy grossness. They would have been so much better with shredded turkey instead of ground.
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    wheat grass ...bleh....
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ALMOND MILK-UNSWEETENED AND SWEETENED
    COCONUT MILK
    COCONUT WATER
    SPINACH RAW AND COOKED
    SHAKEOLOGY
    PLAIN GREEK YOGART
    ALL KASHI PRODUCTS
    TURKEY BACON
    FAT FREE CHEESES-WHICH ARE WORST FOR YOU- DO YOUR RESEARCH!
    GREEN SMOOTHIES (SMH)
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    201201-omag-juice-columbia-gorge-284x426.jpg

Grossest **** ever. Worse than when I bit into a nyquil capsule.

I do, however, love turkey bacon and coconut water. But I don't eat pork and Gatorade is a waste of calories, IMO.