Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I hate edamame. I tried adding it to my salads - I just can't do it. It's so gross to me, and the texture is just weird. I also struggle with sugar free coffee creamer over the regular stuff - it's just not the same!
  • 22workout
    22workout Posts: 36
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Oh girl I love rice and lentils. Its really good!
  • NumbrsNerd
    Options
    chlorophyll

I almost threw up it was really gross.
    and by the way chlorophyll is a cleansing drink

My husband talks about drinking this as a kid all the time. Apparently, he loved it....never had it myself.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi..those whole grains are on a mission to make me choke!
  • NumbrsNerd
    Options

I LOVE lentils too! So does my four year old, interestingly enough!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png
    This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.
    I thought I was the only person that couldn't stand the aftertaste!
    Nope, it's not just you. Unfortunately, I have to politely pretend to be delighted when I'm at the in-laws and they offer it, as they know we don't eat dairy.
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    Miracle Noodles. Both the taste and texture scarred me for life. I also had a rice-based ice cream once that was completely inedible. Yuck :P
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    FIBRE ONE, Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie. DISGUSTING!!!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    These:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/healthy-cookies.html

No offense to the blogger/website, also I had originally seen them on FB.

They were, um yuck... yeah, that's all....

I couldn't eat them, I hated the texture, mushy/hard.... controdiction I know! My kids wouldn't touch them. I tried to feed them to the horses, they wouldn't eat them! I then tried the eats everything dog... Nope! Not even close!!!
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses (supposed to be a good source of iron). Do not want ever again.
    Did you take it straight or mixed in something?
    Good question--it's great in milk! We used to drink molasses milk all the time when I was a kid.

Straight off the spoon, with a chaser of everything in sight to get the taste out of my mouth. It tastes like metal and has the texture of eating toothpaste so maybe I should have mixed it.
    Oh mama mia!?! Definitely see why you didn't like it. Try using it as a sweetener in things like baked beans or as a component of a glaze for meats like beef or pork. There are some cookie, cake and bread formulas that call for blackstrap molasses. In some cases you can subsitute blackstrap molasses for a portion of regular sugar in many recipes and baking formulas.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Me, too! I live on brown rice and lentils!

In the YUCK department... oatmeal... the regular kind, with no flavor, no fruit... it tastes like paste. Went right in the trashcan!
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    btl-raspberry.jpg

This. SO gross. Tasted like dishsoap and gel beads.. half a sip and it went in the trash. I wanted to like chia seeds too.. but I think its gonna be a textural thing. Blech.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I may bring some wrath on my head, but:

Turkey bacon. And I got the good brand name turkey bacon. Not only was it hard to cook, but it had a stringy, overly processed texture and had no real flavor to it. NEVER AGAIN! It's back bacon all the way now, lol!
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    PB2
    {{shudder}}
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I made roasted chick peas. I don't think I roasted them long enough. Dry but pasty enough I couldn't even swallow them. And I LOVE chick peas normally.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I made roasted chick peas. I don't think I roasted them long enough. Dry but pasty enough I couldn't even swallow them. And I LOVE chick peas normally.
    haha I just had that experience with fava beans. worst texture ever. now I don't know if I don't like them at all or if I just messed them up.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A chocolate brownie flavored protein bar. One bite was enough. It tasted like brown chalk. Yuck!

What was the brand? Quest makes a "to die for" chocolate brownie protein bar. You need to nuke it for about 15 seconds and then it tastes like a fresh brownie - amazing! So is their chocolate chip cookie dough bar. Nuke it and it tastes like a fresh from the oven cookie.
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate flax seed. Hate it, I try and add ground flax to baked goods and every single time I do, I regret it. I keep tying though.

I love kashi, the coconut ice cream and lentils though.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi..those whole grains are on a mission to make me choke!
    Can't agree more!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    PB2
    {{shudder}}

I'm addicted to chocolate PB2. I put it in yogurt and oatmeal.