Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    And for protein I got some of the Quest bars.

Those are so foul and gross and putrid and omg whatthe**** is anyone thinking? They dont taste good and they definitely dont taste better warmed up. They are chalky disgusting pieces of calorie wasters.
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    I am a big fan of Amy's frozen dinners in a pinch, but their dairy-free, guten-free "macaroni and cheese" is absolutely terrible. And super hight in calories. Just say no.
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    eggplant.
    bleck.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I bought Silk Soy Creamer last week to try and break my Half & Half dependence. It said "Original" flavor, so I thought it was plain, but apparently the folks at Silk think the original flavor of soy milk falls somewhere between vanilla icing and cotton candy. I could have just juiced a freaking cupcake instead of having coffee that morning.

I should just read labels better. I also bought some Kroger Brand No Sugar Added Popsicles. They certainly added sucralose and aspartame. I am growing a tumor as we speak.
  • dianamatienzo
    dianamatienzo Posts: 127
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean original.. terrible. And those banana egg white 'pancakes' everyone was sharing here... hated those too. I've made some pretty wretched smoothies too.

Really?! I LOVE the Kashi Go Lean original ^_^
  • SunShineGirly11
    SunShineGirly11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Gluten free tortillas! They taste like what I think wax paper would!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i got these 50 calorie apple slices that come with caramel.. but the caramel tastes like straight up vomit.
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    Steamed Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Edaname beans, Lentils, and Atkins Cafe Caramel Coffee Shake. **gags** :{
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    MRM egg white protein. It is soo gross. The flavor is horrible (vanilla & chocolate) and it has a gel like consistency. Good thing I bought three pounds of it.....
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello
    just say no :noway:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Anything from Walden Farms. God awful stuff.

PB2, Chlorella, Quest Bars, Sugar Free Jello = AWESOME
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Goat's milk yoghurt ... you can really TASTE the farm.

Not for me
  • Bardane
    Bardane Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Goat's milk yoghurt ... you can really TASTE the farm.

Not for me

Yuk, to me goats milk tastes like a male goat smells :sick: - goat milk cheese however is a different beasty and rather moreish. Didn't even try the yoghurt.

Came across miso last night. My FIL has a pot in the fridge and being nosey I unscrewed the lid and took a big whiff. Never again:frown:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl margarita. Yikes. :sick:
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Some apple cider vinegar drink from the health food store here. Ugh. And it was so expensive too. (shudder)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    seaweed crisps.. *ick!*
    I keep meaning to try them mixed in a salad.. but i can't bring myself to do it..

dislike PB2 as well.. artificial sweeteners and anything that is super sweet that isn't supposed to be. (i can taste the added sugar and i don't like it)

Cottage Cheese.. haven't had it in 15 years or more.. can't get past what it looks like.. ICK!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    seaweed crisps.. *ick!*
    Haha, I love these! Only get them occasionally as treats, though.
  • lavonnelrausch
    lavonnelrausch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Soyjoy bars the taste made me gag they were horrid. Tofu I've tried it a few ways I keep thinking I should like it but hasn't happened yet.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The worse thing i've ever tasted was brown rice protein powder. Yuk - even the kids hated it.
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Here are the things I like that have been mentioned:

PB2...but I only put it in smoothies and oatmeal, I've never tried to reconstitute it and eat it as pb, because I'm pretty sure I would cry (peanut butter is my all time favorite food).

Kashi stuff....SOME of it. The granola bars are GROSS, but I like the GoLean and GoLean Crunch, as well as the crackers.

Edamame....YUM!

Lentils....they're okay.

Quinoa.....you've gotta rinse it something liek 75 times, which might be why it tasted like dirt.

Here are things I loathe:

Protein powder of all stripes. The only time I EVER threw up while pregnant was after trying to drink a smoothie with protein powder.

I disliked those banana cookies, too, but everyone else seemed to like them. Go figure.

Peas. Just......no.