Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Raw protein powder. I like adding protein powder to my smoothies and I was looking for a cleaner alternative to regular ones, I'm not usually super picky about flavor but Lord this raw stuff was horrid. One taste and down the drain it went, wasted a bunch of delicious, organic fruits and spinach making that smoothie. Good thing Whole Foods has great return policy.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies, I don't care what the food bloggers say mine still tasted like beans. Chocolate desserts baked with splenda soo bitter, burnt kale chips, protein powder mixed with just water with out blending it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Splenda in coffee or tea.
    Maca powder.
    Most protein bars - too chalky.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Musashi - Slm - Lo-Carb Protein Bar - Chocolate Fudge Flavour

DISGUSTINGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I hate flax seed. Hate it, I try and add ground flax to baked goods and every single time I do, I regret it. I keep tying though.

I love kashi, the coconut ice cream and lentils though.

Flax seeds make me cry. I tried making a flax seed crust for pizza it was so bad, my dog wouldn't eat it.

Other than that. I hate this vanilla soy protein powder I bought. I don't even want to think about the kind of desperation it would take to get me to have another scoop of that.

@ the lentil hater. I puree cooked lentils with spaghetti sauce to give it a protein and fiber boost, I can barely taste the lentils and I almost hit my protein goals when I do that.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    those fat free noodles/rice...look like tapeworms and the texture made me vomit...cant bring myself to try them again...even the dogs turn their noses up at them!:wink:
    and chia seeds that have soaked and gone like jelly "frog-spawn" consistency...eugh.....have to eat them in my smoothie/oatmeal when they are still crunchy! (reminds me of childhood nightmare of being force-fed tapioca!:sick: )
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    those fat free noodles/rice...look like tapeworms and the texture made me vomit...cant bring myself to try them again...even the dogs turn their noses up at them!:wink:
    and chia seeds that have soaked and gone like jelly "frog-spawn" consistency...eugh.....have to eat them in my smoothie/oatmeal when they are still crunchy! (reminds me of childhood nightmare of being force-fed tapioca!:sick: )

i LOVE tapioca pudding!

I've tried lots of things. i can't think of anything really bad right now.
    Lentils are fantastic in curry.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A recipe I found online for homemade veggie burgers made with mainly black beans and cooked quinoa...both of which I normally like! I took one bite and tried to pawn it off on the dogs, they weren't fans either. The quinoa all dried out when they cooked. My husband wouldn't touch them, we named the birdseed burgers. UGH.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Pristine bran niblets. The smell reminds me of rabbit food. o_O
  • Midlifegoals
    Midlifegoals Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kelp powder. Supposed to be great support for your thyroid- even boost metabolism. They make a capsule form, but the powder sprinkled over food is supposed to be better. I even like seaweed so thought I would like it. So gross! Dark green and vile. Threw the whole bottle out.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    husbands paleo breakfast. gagsters.
  • FiestyIrish
    FiestyIrish Posts: 42
    Options
    Quinoa. I've tried about 4-5 different recipes and didn't like any of them. Also, my sister bought some Noni Juice and gave me a spoonful to try. I don't remember what it was supposed to be good for, but it doesn't really matter because it was awful! I gulped a whole glass and a half of water trying to get the taste out of my mouth. :sick:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Pea protein powder. Yuck!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Add chocolate whey protein powder to oatmeal! Quite possibly the most horrible thing ever.....

This happened to me. I used vanilla powder.. I thought I had seen people post they love protein powder in thier oatmeal.. This was aweful. I sat there trying to choke it down because I didnt want to waste the protein.

:laugh:
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    juiced broccoli! That stuff was AWFUL!
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

Blasphemy.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Coconut water. It tasted the way my dish soap smells, and that's in no way a compliment. It might have been due to the brand I tried, but frankly it was so gross I have no interest in trying again.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Its not been on my journey but last year i tried a clean-ish kick (ish being the key word) and I made quinoa. That stuff tastes like dirt. :sick: :sick:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Kale and Raw (brand) chocolate protein powder, and orange juice. Gah! Won't do that again. I love Kale chips....but I can't stomach it any other way. The Raw protein powder is awful too.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I have a teenager and a tween that are learning to cook a couple nights a week, and their creations have nothing to do with my weight loss journey. Some are truly awful. (but I'd never tell them that, they would stop trying!!)