Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Rutabagas: taste like dirt.

Juiced celery: icky slimy
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    - Plant Fusion protein powder - for a "natural" product, it had a horribly chemical aftertaste.

- Adding protein powder to my coffee/tea - Three words, even after I tried to mix it in: Oily, powdery chunks

- Green beans that are baked and "taste like french fries" - I didn't think it was possible to destroy green beans, but the recipe did it.

On the other hand, here are a few things that were surprisingly good.

- Spirutein powder in Chobani
    - Spirutein in cupcakes, muffins, brownies
    - Buttermilk powder in my turkey burgers
    - Crepe style pancakes made solely from cream cheese, sweetener of my choice and eggs (like mini cheesecakes!)
    - Cauliflower omelet pizza crust - Was decent only once I stopped hoping for pizza crust and embraced it for what it was.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I hate flax seed. Hate it, I try and add ground flax to baked goods and every single time I do, I regret it. I keep tying though.

I love kashi, the coconut ice cream and lentils though.

Have you tried Oat Revolution oatmeal with flax? It's actually good and all you can taste is the oatmeal :)
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I accidentally purchased unsweetened coconut milk from Trader Joe's. I thought something was wrong with it the taste was so sour. Turns out that's what it's supposed to taste like when there's no sugar. I immediately dumped it in the sink, I'll gladly take the unhealthier version to give mercy on my poor taste buds.
  • JankaLee
    JankaLee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh man..Kale chips! I don't like leafy greens on a good day and those were god awful.
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Celery... The texture... The flavor... No.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tofu for sure
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I went to the whole food store and bought vegan protein burger--16 grams of protein. It was disgusting, yet it seemed like it had no flavor at the same time. Very weird. I made myself eat them since it was $7 for 4 patties, but by the last patty I gave up and threw it out. :ohwell:
  • 22workout
    22workout Posts: 36
    Options
    Oh man..Kale chips! I don't like leafy greens on a good day and those were god awful.

I hate kale itself, I cannot even imagine what kale chips would taste like
  • itsasecret22
    itsasecret22 Posts: 121
    Options
    chlorophyll

I almost threw up it was really gross.
    and by the way chlorophyll is a cleansing drink

My husband talks about drinking this as a kid all the time. Apparently, he loved it....never had it myself.
    I love it! I mix it with water, makes it minty!
  • scrapingal
    scrapingal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean original.. terrible. And those banana egg white 'pancakes' everyone was sharing here... hated those too. I've made some pretty wretched smoothies too.

I think Kashi Go Lean makes you skinny because it breaks your teeth out of your head, therefore making it hard for you to eat! lol!
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ALL artificial sweeteners. The devils work. *Shudder*
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Oh girl I love rice and lentils. Its really good!

I LOVE lentils too! So does my four year old, interestingly enough!

I could have lentil soup every day :-)
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

THIS. The problem for me wasn't the taste, but how gross I felt after eating it
  • RamanJohal
    RamanJohal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with you :noway: yuck
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt. WHY?!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean original.. terrible. And those banana egg white 'pancakes' everyone was sharing here... hated those too. I've made some pretty wretched smoothies too.

Really?! I LOVE the Kashi Go Lean original ^_^

Me too! I like pretty much everything made by kashi!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Oh girl I love rice and lentils. Its really good!

I LOVE lentils too! So does my four year old, interestingly enough!
    sorry they havent worked for you , but wow, you so would not last in our house
  • tom10239487
    tom10239487 Posts: 19
    Options
    The other day I made a smoothie with spinach, cottage cheese, almonds, peanuts, and a bit of soy milk. Really don't know what I was thinking, it was vile. Every mouthful made me gag! But I forced it down and washed it down with water...:sick:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta..uugh, I don't know how people eat that stuff! It's like dry cardboard. I just eat regular pasta noodles and don't have it too often.

This.

Except I have regular noodles a few times a week because I don't believe the fear mongering about the "evil" carbs.