Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A set of Detox juices I ordered from Purifyne which cost a fortune..Someone reviewed them online saying they were "Not so bad tasting", but clearly they were lying. I would say I have good tastebuds and I'm not accustomed to high fat, salty foods and I do eat a lot of vegetables but I simply could not get them down.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hearts of palm. Tastes like mushy grass.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Spirulina! *gah* nastiest ish that's ever crossed my lips. Not only was it totally disgusting, but I immediately broke out in hives. I have never had hives in my life :o
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms "peanut butter". Went straight into the trash, where it belongs!
  • robinb04
    robinb04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    defeat - but you only have to taste that if you allow it...:smile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese.... I just can't the texture and look of it.

Also, imitation meat products...no, you're not convincing me it's meat. I'd rather eat vegetarian items that taste and look like vegetarian food.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese.

^^this. GROSS. I will never like it.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    I was low on groceries and decided I would fry up some canned salmon and mix it with plain quinoa. I can still taste that lunch.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    soy yogurt.....never again!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses (supposed to be a good source of iron). Do not want ever again.

I put it on my oatmeal and plain yogurt, tastes fine to me.. You just don't like molasses.
  • airabiu
    airabiu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered coconut mango bites.... Yuck!.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Avocado. It tastes AWFUL!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi..those whole grains are on a mission to make me choke!

the 'crunch" cereal was so hard it was going to break my teeth but i found a solution: I would pour my ceral before i got dressed for work in the morning. cup of go lean crunch, spoonful of honey greek yogurt, cup of vanilla almond milk. stir stir stir. go get dressed, come back. and it was perfect. not mushy, not hard. its really really good.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm going with swiss chard. It made me feel like I was being electrocuted. Worst.food.ever.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Tropical strawberry shakeology. YUCK. I like the chocolate one but that was like drinking chalk (and I had added some fruit in it too). I returned it.

Some of the quest bars... just yuck. I love some of them, but the lemon cream pie, apple pie and strawberry cheesecake ones... ew.

Artificial sweeteners... just no. The aftertastes... yuck.

I think I've had chlorophyll. My dietitian 13 years ago gave me some. I can't have one sip of the thing without throwing up. It's just VILE (and I'm not kidding, it makes me throw up).

I don't like hummus either. Celery I've never been able to stand. Same with heart of palm or artichoke. Ugh.

I like whole grain pasta, lentils, couscous, brown rice... But you can't buy the generic stuff. Got to have a good brand. I like Kashi too... haven't had it in ages though.
    I use vanilla protein powder in my oatmeal too and it's delicious. Must be the brand. Or maybe because it's not chocolate?

Oh and I love the fiber one brownies...
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Oh, just thought of something else: Skinny Girl Mojito. I had to actually commit alcohol abuse and pour it down the drain!
  • Susanh43
    Susanh43 Posts: 18
    Options
    Coconut flour as a "breading" for chicken. YUCK.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

I have So Delicious Coconut Yogurt - it's pretty synthetic tasting. I love Coconut Bliss ice cream though.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    ShakeOlogy :sick: