Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Fracking egg whites. I need a whole egg in that shizz. And some ketchup. If that's the only sugar I get all day, I'm still doing good.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Coconut water has a.... special consistency and taste to it that I will never get over.

Cultured coconut milk. Like the other poster said about Kefir tasting like glue. SPOT.ON.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    A protein Luna Bar flavored chocolate chip cookie dough, flavored coconut water, any kind of diet soda, & soy milk. :/
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

Blasphemy.
    Awe! The cookie dough flavored one is my fave!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

Blasphemy.
    Awe! The cookie dough flavored one is my fave!

I love this stuff! It's a life saver for us lactose challenged folks. I wish I could find the no sugar added variety though!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hands down, New Whey Protein Shots. Baboon *kitten* bottled up nice and cute in a test tube for convenience. :sick:

Has to be hands down the funniest ever... you are HYSTERICAL!!!!:laugh: :drinker:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses (supposed to be a good source of iron). Do not want ever again.

Ha ha - they use blackstrap molasses to make shoo-fly pie where my parents grew up. They love it. When they had me try it I couldn't scrape it off of my tongue fast enough. Must be something you have to grow up eating to like.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'd like to +1 the Kashi products. So many look so good but taste so foul. Especially the frozen meals - super sweet and thick sauce and tough cardboard-y meat seems to be the usual recipe.

Most recently, Cheesecake Factory's vegetarian burger. Nothing reminiscent of a burger about it, except it's served on a bun. I like veggie burgers, but they need to be savory and have a good firm texture (and no mushrooms). This had neither. It was sweet from the beets and I couldn't eat it. One bite and I was done.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Seems I am the only person who likes the taste of Kashi Go Lean cereals... They have a lot of flavor to me!

Soy Burgers- just no flavor and hard
    Almond milk unsweetened- i just kept thinking about how i am drinking nuts. noooo
    Natural Peanut Butter- I need some f---ing sugar in it or I would just rather not eat peanut butter at all! also i feel like i cant breathe when i eat it.
    Banana/Egg Pancakes- FAIL
    Whole Wheat Pasta- Tried it once and decided I can live without pasta lol

and the worst: Plain greek yogurt even when I add fruit to it it still makes me gag
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal smelled like the bottom of a hamster cage. I tried eating it anyway. Bad idea. Body Fortress vanilla protein powder was pretty crappy too.

-slow clap- Hands down the funniest reference I have ever read.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta..uugh, I don't know how people eat that stuff! It's like dry cardboard. I just eat regular pasta noodles and don't have it too often.

I love whole grain pasta. Most whole grain pasta tastes fine now. It used to taste horrible.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

I love lentils. You don't like lentil soup? I got a recipe off of the Food Network and it was really good.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Oh girl I love rice and lentils. Its really good!

Me, too! I live on brown rice and lentils!

In the YUCK department... oatmeal... the regular kind, with no flavor, no fruit... it tastes like paste. Went right in the trashcan!

I agree about oatmeal. It takes a lot to make it edible to me. I used to love it. I don't know what happened.

I don't like kashi cereal.

Fat free Breyers ice cream is awful.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I may bring some wrath on my head, but:

Turkey bacon. And I got the good brand name turkey bacon. Not only was it hard to cook, but it had a stringy, overly processed texture and had no real flavor to it. NEVER AGAIN! It's back bacon all the way now, lol!

I totally agree about turkey bacon and its nasty texture. Why does it not cook right and get crispy?
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    PB2
    {{shudder}}

I felt like that at first, but then I tried it with regular jelly and it was really good.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I hate flax seed. Hate it, I try and add ground flax to baked goods and every single time I do, I regret it. I keep tying though.

I love kashi, the coconut ice cream and lentils though.

Flax seeds make me cry. I tried making a flax seed crust for pizza it was so bad, my dog wouldn't eat it.

Other than that. I hate this vanilla soy protein powder I bought. I don't even want to think about the kind of desperation it would take to get me to have another scoop of that.

@ the lentil hater. I puree cooked lentils with spaghetti sauce to give it a protein and fiber boost, I can barely taste the lentils and I almost hit my protein goals when I do that.

I like flax seeds and soy protein powder ( any kind). It does not really taste strong in a smoothie.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Kelp powder. Supposed to be great support for your thyroid- even boost metabolism. They make a capsule form, but the powder sprinkled over food is supposed to be better. I even like seaweed so thought I would like it. So gross! Dark green and vile. Threw the whole bottle out.

I have had kelp powder before and never found it that offensive. Most other seaweed though is incredibly nasty.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Pea protein powder. Yuck!

Hemp protein powder is worse.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    juiced broccoli! That stuff was AWFUL!

Did you juice anything besides broccoli? I usually like it with carrots and apples as a base.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Steamed Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Edaname beans, Lentils, and Atkins Cafe Caramel Coffee Shake. **gags** :{

I love cooked broccoli and love brussel sprouts. They are both so good cooked.

I have never tried adamame beans.