Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    nothing, i don't eat things i don't like. i eat the same stuff i always did, i just focus on the exercise more and made some tweaks to my diet (pretty much i put a serving size of cheese on things now instead of half the bag :laugh: )
    i do have to say though, it is not bad or anything but when i first tried shirataki noodles they were very odd to me, the texture. i absolutely loved them after the 2nd bite, and they're my favorite with a vegan stir fry or topped with stroganoff sauce :drinker:
    that monster sounds nasty. i have only had the blue monster, i believe it is the low carb one and i like it a lot.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ACV :sick:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt. WHY?!

Oh my, you had it with NOTHING on it? It's like sticking your spoon into sour cream! I guess someone out there like it, though...
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Stevia
    Quinoa
  • OneDimSim
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses (supposed to be a good source of iron). Do not want ever again.

^^^ this too!!! :sick:
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    Banana pancakes. Yuck!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Tofu
    Slim Shots (those gimmicky 'diet aids' that come in a little container that looks like a single-serve coffee creamer). God, that stuff tasted like vanilla, mixed with latex paint! :sick: :sick: :sick:
    Slimful bars (you're supposed to eat one with a glass of water, it expands and fills your stomach). I bought a box and forced myself to finish it because it was expensive, but WON'T buy them again. They taste like a combination of a Tootsie Roll from last Halloween and, well...crap.
  • OneDimSim
    Options
    Miracle Noodles. Both the taste and texture scarred me for life. I also had a rice-based ice cream once that was completely inedible. Yuck :P

agree.....tastes like rubber bands! :sick:
  • Chelle377
    Chelle377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Campbell's Select Harvest - Healthy Request Whole Grain Pasta Fagioli Soup
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Tofu..ugh
    coconut water...GAG...ill just drink plain water!
    kale....no matter what I do to it, I hate it!!
  • ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Shirataki tofu noodles! I felt like I was eating a jellyfish.
  • keem88
    Options
    and ps a lot of these packaged, sugar free, low calorie, healthy, whatever you wanna call them things are just processed junk and crap.
    make your own protein or fiber bars, they taste so much better! i made these fiber balls once out of dates, coco, unsweetened coconut and a tad of pure vanilla. omg best thing ever and way better than any fiber one low cal packaged crap.
    i have always been curious about the so delicious non dairy ice cream. i absolutely love the unsweetened coconut milk they make, and the shoprite near me decided to be *kitten* and stop carrying it so i have to buy something half the size that costs more and can't use my coupons anymore which is bs. i am trying to find the half gallon at another grocery.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Uber bars - super salty and disgusting! And...40-calorie tortillas...Blurgh (*ducks*)

Definitely a proponent of eating the real stuff and using portion control!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Larabars! Gross!
  • OneDimSim
    Options
    Goat's milk yoghurt ... you can really TASTE the farm.

Not for me

:rofl: - seriously...i am crying here!!!:bigsmile:
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    Tofurkey. Even the name makes me stabby.
  • keem88
    Options
    I know a bunch of people have already said this, but DEFINITELY chocolate protein powder mixed into my oatmeal. It went immediately into the garbage.

i eat this almost daily. you guys must be buying the wrong protein powder for it. nature's bounty complete vitamin and protein chocolate powder, half a scoop in a bowl of oatmeal is delish. also good with some pb mixed in
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi..those whole grains are on a mission to make me choke!

LOL - yes! Everything I have ever tasted from Kashi has been TERRIBLE.

Also... Fiber One Brownies. Those are not brownies.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Rotten avocado... :sick:
  • suki_j
    suki_j Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A chocolate brownie flavored protein bar. One bite was enough. It tasted like brown chalk. Yuck!

My trainer gave me one of these when i felt i faint during a work out . . the taste then made me hurl