Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dry tuna in water (drained) straight from the can. OMG it's like eating wood pulp!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My hands.. tasted like soap
  • catceol
    catceol Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Raw cocoa hot chocolate with hot water and ground cinnamon as a sweetner. Vile vile vile. Low in calories but, I will just save em up for a real hot chocolate over christmas.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat substitute foods, but I have tried these and hated them all:

1. rice dream "ice cream"-- fortunately, I do not remember the specifics of how it tasted!
    2. Skinnycow fudge bars-- they taste chalky. This one was probably the most disappointing because I had heard so many people raving about how good they were at Weight Watchers. Yuck.
    3. whole wheat pasta-- the texture is just gross.
    4. steelcut oats (I thought for sure I would like steelcut oats, as I love thick-cut oatmeal, but I did not care for the texture of steelcut oats at all.)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Anything from Walden Farms
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    OK I've always hated Lima beans just can't stand them idk if the haven't Ben cooked right but just no... I Also hate the coconut water I used the milk in smoothies so I thought what the hell but never again I'm really picky about granola bars too and I know I'm gonna get flac for saying this but I can't eat yogurt since my daughter it just has this gritty dusty feeling I used to love it but idk what happened
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    plant fusion cookies n cream protein powder
    peas
    mayo
    soy yogurt
  • coruscatti
    Options
    shayokutya wrote: »
    Plain greek yogurt. I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners and the fruity flavored ones are way to high on sugar. I'm trying to get used to the sourness. So far I swallow it as fast as I can so that I don't taste it much and then wash it down with water. My daughter keeps telling me there are tastier forms of protein....

Try putting some cinnamon on it! I tried that today (along with a cut-up banana on top) and promptly decided to have that every morning instead of the yogurt by itself.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I'm pretty lucky in that I'm not fussy and tend to like pretty much anything and everything I come across... but quite a few of my past creations have been objectively disgusting. Problem is I have a bad habit of trying to power through things if I think they are good for me, though sometimes I really shouldn't.

I had unflavoured soy isolate powder in oatmeal for a week until it became unbearable... the last time I ate it I was trying not to throw up as I was forcing it down, wondering what the hell I was doing with my life. I tried it again last month, and tried it again with chocolate flavour this month. Still gross.

Unflavoured protein powder in oatmeal made with water is even worse... only had that a few times. Tried adding peanut butter; didn't work.

Another failure was my attempt at soy protein isolate powder 'eggs' I had that for breakfast for 2 weeks straight until I cracked. I still try it every now and then.

Cannelini bean 'potato cakes' (replace mashed potato with mashed cannelini beans). This one wasn't too bad... for the first dozen or so times, then it was the worst thing ever.

Unflavoured soy protein peanut butter bars... I don't know what I did wrong; I've made nice ones before, but the last batch was gross. Still ate them, all 1kg of them.

Unflavoured protein powder and water - my macros were unbalanced and I need more protein but nothing else, all I had was unflavoured... so I went for it. I made it thick so there wouldn't be as much and I could drink/eat it faster. Instant regret.

Apple protein shakes; an apple, milk, protein powder (think it was vanilla). That was bad. Really bad. Still drank it.

Creatine without water. Don't know why...

Protein powder dry. As above.

Dried milk dry. As above.

Tried blending chicken, green beans and brown rice into a shake... I actually didn't finish that one and had to make a new meal. I had a decent go at it though.

There are probably more, but I can't think of any right now. These are spread over many years.

Fortunately, most of the time my food is delicious, so I can bear with these mishaps.

This is the best post EVER. I'm dying. What in God's name possessed you to blend chicken, green beans, and brown rice into a SHAKE? Instead of, y'know, eating them separately?

Thanks for the laugh!!

• coruscatti
    Options
    catceol wrote: »
    Raw cocoa hot chocolate with hot water and ground cinnamon as a sweetner. Vile vile vile. Low in calories but, I will just save em up for a real hot chocolate over christmas.

I have this whenever I get chocolate cravings at the end of the day and I love it. I am a supertaster though so it probably seems more flavorful to me. You could also add a bit of sugar to it and it would still be less sugar than what's in the commercial variety.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    coruscatti wrote: »
    shayokutya wrote: »
    Plain greek yogurt. I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners and the fruity flavored ones are way to high on sugar. I'm trying to get used to the sourness. So far I swallow it as fast as I can so that I don't taste it much and then wash it down with water. My daughter keeps telling me there are tastier forms of protein....

Try putting some cinnamon on it! I tried that today (along with a cut-up banana on top) and promptly decided to have that every morning instead of the yogurt by itself.

I can't eat it straight up either. But mix in a tsp or 2 of my favorite jam, or a little pumpkin, cinnamon and honey, or mush up some berries and mix it in, and yum!
  • thintowin87
    thintowin87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    silk un sweetened almond milk... omg ill just stick with my dark chocolate one..
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I recently grabbed some Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt. Gross! Strong, weird taste. I think it's sweetened with stevia. I like stevia in very tiny amounts; it's definitely strong.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Mixed my omega-3 oil with some carrot juice.. WORST. THING. EVER.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Mixed my omega-3 oil with some carrot juice.. WORST. THING. EVER.

Love your username!!!

• Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    FIBRE ONE, Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie. DISGUSTING!!!
    I second that!! And I love fiber one bars, the lemon ones especially. They are like my "cheat" snack, without really "cheating"
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This lemon rosemary chicken, quinoa, brown rice, kale and carrot mixture from Costco. It was both too lemony and bland at the same time, if that makes sense. I choked them down for lunches since I didn't want them to go to waste but now make up my own version that taste much better.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Unsweetended almond milk by itself. BLECH.

It's fine in cereal though.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Everything I've made from the natural harvest cookbook.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Couscous. I just can't handle that texture!