Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• baseballgirl2027
    baseballgirl2027 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Miracle Noodles. Both the taste and texture scarred me for life. :P

Agree!!! Miracle Noodles are SO GROSS!! I even followed the "rinse and rinse and rinse until you can't rinse anymore" comments and it was still completely inedible. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

• PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Agree!!! Miracle Noodles are SO GROSS!! I even followed the "rinse and rinse and rinse until you can't rinse anymore" comments and it was still completely inedible. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
    Oh yes, they are disgusting! I forgot about them

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love these sorts of posts.

I found a recipe for vegan sweet potato chili, the flavors clashed really badly and it just left this horrid taste. The annoying part is it may have been delicious with a normal potato but the sweetness of the sweetpotato with the spices made it rancid.

Also, I had an unflavored pea protein powder it was not pleasant when mixed with only water. It took a lot of fruit or agave to make it palatable, so I didn't use the brand again once I ran out.
  • MagistraSaunders
    MagistraSaunders Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Carob - it tasted like doggy chocolate... For obvious reasons.
    I've been so put off it that I refuse to try any recipes with
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    My favorite old post is still goin strong <3
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles. Smells like fish, tastes like slimy rubber. Would actually rather eat my own feet

Kale. I tried. I realy really tried. Nope

Slim n save onion soup. Serves me right

Celery. Satans walking stick

Tomatoes. Actually dont mind sauces or soups but bit into a tomato and gagged on the pippy slime. Forced to decant mouthful into bin. Not actually good with anything with seeds should have figured that one out for myself
  • plasticineporters
    plasticineporters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TOFU
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles. Smells like fish, tastes like slimy rubber. Would actually rather eat my own feet

Kale. I tried. I realy really tried. Nope

Slim n save onion soup. Serves me right

Celery. Satans walking stick

Tomatoes. Actually dont mind sauces or soups but bit into a tomato and gagged on the pippy slime. Forced to decant mouthful into bin. Not actually good with anything with seeds should have figured that one out for myself
    A week ago, I asked my boyfriend "when was the last time you've eaten a vegetable?" as he doesn't normally eat them and he said "Last year during wrestling season. I had to eat celery and it was awful" ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Any 0 fat cheese. This abomination should be made illegal.

Oh, and bacon.. when I decided to try a ketogenic diet.
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato

Muller light yogurts - you can just taste the chemicals in them.

I joined Slimming World (UK diet club) earlier this year and while most of the savoury recipes were ok, the sweet recipes were yuck. Most of them involved low fat hot chocolate mix and eggs. Yet there were lots of people on Facebook claiming how delicious they were.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Found a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough dip made with chickpeas on a blog with tons of positive comments. So I made it.

No, just no. It tasted like chickpeas mixed with vanilla and brown sugar. The only way you think that tastes good is if you've denied yourself real treats for so long you've forgotten what they're supposed to taste like.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    FIBRE ONE, Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie. DISGUSTING!!!

Agreed! Sounded good but...no.
  • ButtBagg
    Options
    Bologna...it didn't taste bad but it gave me a really bad headache..and somehow now every time I eat it I get a headache? Which is weird because it never happened before but now all of a sudden my body wont take it???
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    President's Choice Low Fat Alfred Sauce. BARF!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

I thought I was the only person that couldn't stand the aftertaste!

I couldn't stand it either. Also add Quest bars. I couldn't chew them. Just disgusting!
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    morning star veggie sausage patties grosssss.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! One of my fitness instructors loves the stuff...I thought it tasted like chalk. I threw some strawberries in the chocolate mix and it was bearable I guess, but I don't think I would make a habit of buying it. And I don't use it as a meal replacement anyway; just in between meals and not as a crutch to lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! One of my fitness instructors loves the stuff...I thought it tasted like chalk. I threw some strawberries in the chocolate mix and it was bearable I guess, but I don't think I would make a habit of buying it. And I don't use it as a meal replacement anyway; just in between meals and not as a crutch to lose weight.

I didn't mind the chocolate one. The strawberry tropical one was VILE. I returned it.
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I haven't come across anything horrific yet. I've learned to never stir PB2 into Greek yogurt again, but you live and you learn.

One note for those mentioning Arctic Zero. I was warned in advance that out the freezer it is chalky and icy, and to let it sit at room temperature for a bit before consuming. Also, if you have any Cool Whip on hand (the Light kind in my case), mix a little in for more of an "ice cream" experience. Not bad at all, but more trouble than it's probably worth.
  • boosty75
    Options

Those are completely horrid!