Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Haha! The first concoction I made when I tried juicing. It was supposed to be a green juice with green apple, cucumber, spinach, broccoli and celery (some recipe I pulled off Pinterest), but I didn't have any apples. I needed something sweet and decided to add carrots... X-) the result was greenish-brownish sludge with orange (carrot) chunks. Apparently the strings from the celery had plugged something up and allowed carrot chunks to come through into the juice...

I managed to get it down, barely, but it was horrendous. My friend was gagging just looking at me drinking it. (Her exact comment was "What is THAT?!?!?!?")
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Those zero calorie noodles. Dear sweet baby jesus I wanted to lick the bottom of my boots to get that taste out of my mouth.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Kelp noodles. Just... no. Don't do it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Quest "chips".

I really love them, especially for the calories! It's funny how everyone is mixed on those.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cilantro. Yuck!! One little piece of cilantro can ruin an entire meal for me. I've had to send numerous meals back at restaurants because they think I'm kidding when I say "absolutely no cilantro garnish." And one time I packed a huge salad for a twelve hour shift, and realized when I took the first bite that the spring mix had cilantro in it because it was in season. Tried to eat it but ended up having to pick the toppings off. ):
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    gluten free tortillas. yuck!!!! soo crumbly
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Those zero calorie noodles. Dear sweet baby jesus I wanted to lick the bottom of my boots to get that taste out of my mouth.

You do know they need to be seriously rinsed first, just like quinoa...
    I happen to love them - texture & taste (BUT ONLY IF RINSED WELL BEFORE HEATING)

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SkFarmMom wrote: »
    Haha! The first concoction I made when I tried juicing. It was supposed to be a green juice with green apple, cucumber, spinach, broccoli and celery (some recipe I pulled off Pinterest), but I didn't have any apples. I needed something sweet and decided to add carrots... X-) the result was greenish-brownish sludge with orange (carrot) chunks. Apparently the strings from the celery had plugged something up and allowed carrot chunks to come through into the juice...

I managed to get it down, barely, but it was horrendous. My friend was gagging just looking at me drinking it. (Her exact comment was "What is THAT?!?!?!?")

That's close to one of my favorite juices, green apple, cucumber, spinach, carrot and cantaloupe.

• AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jello with cottage cheese. Oh my, it was gross
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    broccoli does not belong in a juicer. neither does cauliflower or cabbage. basically stay away from your brassicas, cause juicing them just releases their sulphur stink.

i do however love a juice with half a head of romaine lettuce, 3 stalks of celery, a bunch of spinach, 2 carrots, and a granny smith apple if desired. yummy.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    protein powder, any kind, and most protein bars
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bragged earlier in the thread about not coming across any disgusting food items. Shortly after that post I cracked the seal on some sugar free chocolate syrup. Don't do it!
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the person who said PB2. I wanted to like it. I really did.
    I've gone back to it a few times and NOPE. Still cant do it. It's too weird. :s
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Amy's frozen spinach pizza. I remember them being good from 2010, but the spinach one made me gag last time I ate a slice. The cheese was absolutely disgusting, and the crust was like cardboard!