Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    spirulina
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I tried about 7 different times to like those shirataki noodles and I just can not do it. I almost forgot about them haha.

Miracle Noodles. Both the taste and texture scarred me for life. I also had a rice-based ice cream once that was completely inedible. Yuck :P

• shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles and anything made by Walden Farms.

Yes! Walden farm so called 'peanut butter' has GOT to be banned...
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Haha! This thread is hilarious. For me it's gotta be chicken bacon. TERRIBLE. It does not taste like chicken or bacon. It kind of taste like really, really bland bologna. Yuck.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I tried putting eggs in my oatmeal. I don't think I did it right, because it tasted so effing disgusting. I couldn't mask the egg taste.

Eggs in your oatmeal? WTF were you thinking?

I don't know, man. I really don't know. I had a temporary lapse in sanity, lol.

To be honest, I was trying to figure out a way to get more protein. I saw on the bodybuilding.com forums that some people put eggs in their oatmeal. It was heinous. I eventually bought some protein powder and haven't looked back.

I like cut up hard boiled eggs on oatmeal with butter. mmmmmm.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles!! I was so excited at the idea of pasta with no calories but OMG...and I can usually power down anything even if I don't care for it but not these.

Are these the ones with the fishy taste? Because if so, +100000000000

I made a weird Moroccan dish with lamb and raisins and coffee. It was expensive and terrible.

Oh, and Splenda-sweetened cranberry sauce. Made it for a couple of diabetics at Thanksgiving, ended up mixing it all into oatmeal for over a week.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Tofu lol. No amount of chilli or sauce could make me enjoy that
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Quinoa ..... & once was more than enough :\
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I made a dish with apple cider vinegar and ground lamb.

The recipe called for entirely too much vinegar. I forced myself to eat it because of my pride and cheapness. Fortunately, it only made four servings.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    asparagus :0
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Dragon fruit. D: Looks so delicious, tastes horrible.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Emtabo01 wrote: »
    Lentils, tried them three different ways so far, just don't like em.

Curried? I love curried lentils :)
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Homemade flaxseed bread... made me want to vomit.
  • LACnessMonster
    LACnessMonster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Probably GNC Chocolate Total Whey Protein - it made me really nauseous. That's probably the only that stands out as completely horrific.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I made keto Cheesecake fluff that I found a recipe for on the Internet. I didn't have sugar free syrup so made it without. It was gross. Slightly sweetened cream cheese on a spoon..ick.
  • sarabeth624
    sarabeth624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gluten free noodles - the kind from the refrigerated section. Touch em with a fork and they made a paste. Ew.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The strawberry tropical shakeology. YUCK. Pure Protein s'mores bars were disgusting too.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Quest "chips".
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Have to add... Cucumber celery juice. SMH.
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mine are peppermint tea, celery, and apple cider vinegar mixed with grapefruit juice...

First off I don't like tea but I thought it would taste different and it doesn't, it definitely still has the tea flavor... if anyone knows how to make peppermint tea not taste so bitter I will give it another try

I have tried everything to make celery easier to choke down but I just can't. I smothered one little bite with what had to be 2 tbsp of peanut butter and the taste was still choking me. I even tried holding my breath while I chewed but the flavor was still there.

As for the apple cider vinegar and grapefruit juice... I found this Dr. Oz cleanse drink thing you are supposed to drink before every meal.I found this before I ever found MFP and the recipe is 1 cup grapefruit juice, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp honey. Vinegar is repulsive, although the grapefruit juice and honey toned it down a bit, it was still too strong. I like grapefruit and honey though but it was just ew