Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sati18 wrote: »
    Shiritake noodles... Wtf is up with their texture it's plan wrong!

i'm totally with you! apparently they're good for asian stir fry purposes. i had them as "pasta substitute", which they said was good, and they lied. oh, they lied.

other misses:
    rice protein powder.
    greens+ (i know it's good for me so i take it in capsule form, but as powder drink? gag!)
    i forget the brand but it was a green beverage of some sort. i thought i was being careful, apparently i was just being wishful. it tasted awful. so i started juicing my own veggies instead...

...and when i was in hospital and begging my husband to juice some greens for me, he juiced broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and beets for me. no dear, those are not nice leafy greens, they're crucifers, and my roommates will not thank you. when i opened the jar to drink it the smell made the nurse across the room ask me wtf is that stuff.. you know it's bad when.
  • mykaylis
    Options
    oh and with all due respect to my sister who made them, black bean brownies really do have the taste and texture of black beans. i happen to like black beans, but not when they're mixed with agave nectar and cocoa and god only knows what else. i thanked her of course because they were a christmas gift, but absolutely nobody in the family could get more than a nibble down.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    oh and with all due respect to my sister who made them, black bean brownies really do have the taste and texture of black beans. i happen to like black beans, but not when they're mixed with agave nectar and cocoa and god only knows what else. i thanked her of course because they were a christmas gift, but absolutely nobody in the family could get more than a nibble down.

My black bean brownies kick *kitten* I fed them to my mom and she thought it was fudge.

A green smoothie with too much spirulina.
    Tofurkey ick!
    Roasted turnips
    Soy yogurt
    Follow your heart soy cheese. Smells like vomit. I couldn't bring myself to taste it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried putting eggs in my oatmeal. I don't think I did it right, because it tasted so effing disgusting. I couldn't mask the egg taste.

Eggs in your oatmeal? WTF were you thinking?

I add egg whites. It makes them fluffy and delicious, lol. I did French toast oatmeal for a while with a real egg too, and it was really good, but after a custard attempt disaster I'm totally put off by any mix of egg and sugar, unless it's perfectly blended...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    added- fat free cream cheese.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I did Medifast most of the foods were pretty gross
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Regret.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Failure.
  • Sassyass_
    Sassyass_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Banana nut muffin quest protein bar . Eeuurrrrgh :( totally nauseating !
  • ritaluna1387
    ritaluna1387 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    kale
  • Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    smoothie with a whole beet in it

Fat free ranch
  • wiseblueberry
    wiseblueberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit. It's bitter and terrible, I don't know how people eat it. I can drink the juice if it's mixed with other juices, but grapefruit by itself is vile and awful.
  • mykaylis
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    mykaylis wrote: »

My black bean brownies kick *kitten* I fed them to my mom and she thought it was fudge.

A green smoothie with too much spirulina.
    Tofurkey ick!
    Roasted turnips
    Soy yogurt
    Follow your heart soy cheese. Smells like vomit. I couldn't bring myself to taste it.

i'd be happy to give it a try with a different recipe!

soy-based milk type products gross me out.. i'll just have the dairy version thanks. i've never met a nondairy cheese that i can stand. i did, however, like the tofurkey well enough when i tried a bit at thanksgiving. i wouldn't buy it but i wouldn't have to choke it down if necessary.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    okra- yuck. slimy nasty stuff never again!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles!! I was so excited at the idea of pasta with no calories but OMG...and I can usually power down anything even if I don't care for it but not these.
    I not only ate them (although I didn't want to after I opened the package :smiley: ), I made my children eat them that night too! Child abuse!!
  • michael_m1989
    michael_m1989 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    coco-ice-vanilla-bean.png

This stuff. It's not even that the taste is bad, but the aftertaste is terrible. I couldn't do it.

I LOVE this stuff!!

For me it was meal replacement that was supposed to taste like banana, bleh!

• caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried putting eggs in my oatmeal. I don't think I did it right, because it tasted so effing disgusting. I couldn't mask the egg taste.

Eggs in your oatmeal? WTF were you thinking?

I don't know, man. I really don't know. I had a temporary lapse in sanity, lol.

To be honest, I was trying to figure out a way to get more protein. I saw on the bodybuilding.com forums that some people put eggs in their oatmeal. It was heinous. I eventually bought some protein powder and haven't looked back.

• JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kale

Shred it, spray oil, sprinkle with salt, put in a low oven until you a kale leaf crisps.

Edited to add the worst food - Yeah Miracle noodles. Like I imagine it would be eating slimy tapeworm but with less taste.