Raw Food Challenge!! Trying to eat a cleaner unprocessed di

Options

Replies

• kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    so i am curious with your large banana intake. bananas are high in carbs so now i am way over on my carbs.

I put them in the blender so i could drink them. I went to the store today and found a large basket with ripe bananas for 9 cent a piece but the girl just gave them to me and only about half were worth taking.

So my plan was to use them tonight and tomorrow. But they are high in carbs? so is that not a good idea?

Ripe bananas will have spots on the outside - this is when you want to eat them because unripe fruit doesn't digest well & can make your teeth sensitive.

You need carbs to function properly. This is why we crave them because that is what your body wants and needs to accomplish everything in a day. This gets into 80/10/10 quite deeply and I'm hoping that is what your stiving for eating lots of bananas!! Many long term successful lfrvs recommend 10 grams carbs for each kg (or 2 pounds) (these people are thin BUT extremely athletic!!) so for me that would be 630grams however I am still working up my calorie intake (I'm actually undereating) but my goal is to consume about 2500calories per day which is the recommendation for women and would coincide with the recommended carbs. I am trying to get there but getting that much food in takes a bit of work. The reason for this is because when your eating this way you have more energy!! You will be active - you need to get out and move or else you go crazy & isn't that what all healthy people want - to be out there enjoying the world? Don't worry about your carbs - any extra are bonus and will help you to avoid depression, mood swings, or feel like a bump on a log.

PLEASE PLEASE go to this link & check out some of Freelee's articles....she has been doing this for awhile & looks amazing!!
    http://sweetjuicyfreelee.com/blog-articles/

MIKO44 - Great to have you along! I'm sure you can cut that goal down to 1 year though - at least! Just glad your taking steps to a healthier you! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!!

ALSO - I uploaded some helpful files to a sharing website.....feel free to download whatever you would like!!
    An 80/10/10 food combo & things to avoid spreadsheet
    A shopping list for my vegan/glutenfree/no crazy stuff husband
    Sample of a LFRV dining out card
    The food combining chart
    Dirty Dozen for Pesticide Chart

Each individual file can be found here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4044b7769fd858aca0f2f20c509059d93a9e430822e03c8292595bc19e6628dc
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Nice quotes from Dr. Graham:
    Page 47 of The 80/10/10 Diet
    "Cancer cells thrive in an anaerobic environment, meaning one where the oxygen content is very low. Eating a high-fat diet decreases the oxygen content of the blood and tissues and creates an ideal environment for cancer cells to flourish. When we consume a diet such as 80/10/10, which is high in simple carbohydrates and water, we effecively raise the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood, thus vastly reducing the likelihood that we will create cancer."

"The point is not to try to starve the cancer cells of their fuel, as that would effectively kill the patient as well, but to create a well-oxygenated environment that is inhospitable to the creation and subsequent survival of cancer cells."

Nothing can heal cancer however there are things we can do and foods we can eat to help facilitate the process - allow our bodies a chance to heal the real problem - not the symptoms. This is the same for all dis-ease.

If there was no more radiation, less pharmaceutical, less hospitals needed, no one buying from the meat industry, and support of companies like Monsanto think of all the money the large corporations would lose. They don't want this to happen so they keep us all blind. There are no cures because it doesn't fix the real problem which is lifestyle created. Prevention through lifestyle choices is the only way. There are those that work and as we are seeing cancer and terminal illness reach levels never experienced before, there are many that don't.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about the raw foods. Our bodies are not meant to eat processed foods. I did two days of raw foods 1.5 weeks ago and I have to say, I felt pretty darn good. It's harder to do when you are on vacation in a strange area.
    So, off to the grocery store for some fresh fruit and veggies. :smile:
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about the raw foods. Our bodies are not meant to eat processed foods. I did two days of raw foods 1.5 weeks ago and I have to say, I felt pretty darn good. It's harder to do when you are on vacation in a strange area.
    So, off to the grocery store for some fresh fruit and veggies. :smile:

YAY!!! That's wonderful to hear!!

So I just jumped over to 30bananasaday.com and DurainRider (longterm LFRV & marathon bike rider) who runs the site with Freelee posted a very interesting topic that many of you may find informative inregards to the amount of FRUIT, CARBS, & WEIGHT....check it out!! There are some great responses to his words as well!
    Please be warned: Fruit evens out your thinking and you are not emotional over little things....so some things they say may seem rude or too pushing - don't take anything personal ever - straightforwardness & motivation is the best medicine. Very liberating!

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/if-your-fat-eat-more?xg_source=activity
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    i just got done watching all your you tube videos on your 1 & 2 water fast. Wow such a huge difference between the first and second one. you have crazy energy this time around that you did not have any of the 28 day on the first fast (rest) you did.
    you look beautiful and vibrant on top of your crazy energy. I think I will have to catch your next fast.

I am thinking of ordering the 80/10/10 and the other one, eating for energy (have you looked at that one yet?)

none of the book stores carry 80/10/10 so i will have to order it online when I do.

today was crazy for me for breakfast I had a banana smoothie and lunch was light but at around 1 was just smacked in the head with out of no where being extermely tired, which makes for a hard day at work. left work at 4 came home, I was gonna take a nap but did not instead watched all your youtube videos and hear it is 8:45. which means I have not eaten since noon. (maybee I should start the fasting now) anyway I am not that hungry. however what I had for dinner the other night sounds amazing but I don't have any quinao sprouted.

how did the massage go?
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Yeah you definitely need to eat more!! Maybe take some lovely dates along to work to munch on throughout the day - dates are pure energy & have tons of great vitamins & minerals. Yes this time around went so much smoother than the last time. I suppose its due to no salt buildup, less toxins, and supplying the body with amazing fruit since the last fast. I really don't even feel like I am fasting and last time I knew every second what was going on. The massage was GLORIOUS!! I just got back and I think I will head to take a nap here shortly. They had a jacuzzi as well (without all the nasty chemicals) and I sat in there forever after the fast. I didn't want to get out!

I hope tomorrow is better for you!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Mindelicious. Great idea. Love this way of thinking. I don't particularly prescribe to it, but I know lots of people that love it.

Wanted to weigh-in on one thing: dates. Dates are over one full tablespoon of sugar (103 on the glycemic index). They'll act a lot like eating an entire spoonful of sugar would on your system. They'll crash you at some point. So just be careful how many you eat and how often you eat them. They should only be an every once in a while treat. Shoot, with that sugar, they could be a dessert! lol.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • rmccully
    Options
    what if you went to a juice fast to go on your hike?
  • rmccully
    Options
    oh and I like to new hair cut
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Thanks Mccully!! I'm thinking I'm going to break it tomorrow. I want to get back into the exercise routine & I have my annual Dr's check up in 2 weeks. I always request blood work from vitamins & nutrients to see how I'm doing and make sure my lifestyle is perfect. So I definitely want to make sure I'm fueled up for that. If I was having any health problems or the detox was hard then I would totally juice & keep going after the hike but I'm feeling amazing so I know my body was on continuous efficient detox throughout my diet.

Rose1617 - hehe well I don't follow any of that glycemetric stuff. I eat between 5-10 dates a day & feel great all day long. Fruit sugar is good for you - its the energy your body wants. Plus I have seen proof of individuals taking their blood sugar levels before and after eating a huge fruit meal and their blood sugar level doesn't spike. Here is just one example (this is why this is the perfect diet for diabetics - I know its not what conventional doctors would say but they are wrong - there is plenty of proof out there that they don't want you to see - there have been tons of people to get off the insulin & become raw vegan)
    http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/blood-sugar-testing
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    So we are finishing out the month here!! Who has stuck with it? Would love to hear about everyone's success and things you found difficult or anything you would like more knowledge or help with. I have quite a few people that watch my youtube videos that are now going to switch over the either vegan or raw vegan. The movement is growing rapidly & I love being a part of it. Sunday is Vegan Earth Day & they do a really big thing in Cali - wish I could be there.
    I was thinking about doing another challenge in July. I suppose we should start a new thread so over the next couple days I will work to consolidate all the most important info so it can be carried over.
    Hope to have everyone join again!!
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later......i'm getting interested.
  • rmccully
    Options
    I think I am gonna do a juice fast at the start of July, what do you think?
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Sounds great Mccully - I personally suck at juice fasting because it make me hungrier. After a couple days in water fasting there is no more cravings & that's why its easier for me. However - many people are very successful at it. One of my friends - oh and she is on here as well - MoreVeggiesPlease is starting a juice fast tomorrow. If you would like to check out her videos you can find them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/moreveggiesplease

Another great juicer that does videos is Natasha from RawRadiantHealth (she also has a website under the same name). She is very inspirational & a wonderful asset to the raw food movement - she has videos here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RawRadiantHealth

Let us know how what you decide & how it goes!! Should be a lovely detoxifying time!!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Found an interesting article making the case for "instantaneous food" in athletes.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029025_fast_food_running.html
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Found an interesting article making the case for "instantaneous food" in athletes.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029025_fast_food_running.html

:D I actually follow him on youtube. Him and 4-6 guys are about to run 100 miles across Nevada!!!!! Can you imagine that plus its hot out!! They are all living together and 4 of them are Fruitarians. They bought 1000lbs of food for 4 guys and 6 days....250lbs per guy!! Check them out!!

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU7KBUzXlqM&playnext_from=TL&videos=_0OOMYQCkg0
    dinner day 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PxO4iks3g&playnext_from=TL&videos=_0OOMYQCkg0
    Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uCxe1njApw&playnext_from=TL&videos=qCmtKOiQm84
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Ok I posted the challenge for July to allow folks to get their fruits & veggies ready!! Hope to see everyone over there!! I put as much info as I could so that you don't have to go reading through so many pages & what not. July is going to be an amazing month!! Clean, fresh & tasty!!! There are a couple new topics - added some more to the numbered things at the top, nut mylks, appliances, a very good ebook under recipes, couple more replacements for cravings, sprouting & soaking, wealth of info, and natural body products & cleaners. Can't wait to get started!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Well Michael the guy doing the Western States 100 mile race ended up having some type of issue with his hamstring. He completed like 85 miles and half of that was with injury. However Jamil another fruitarian finished in 54 place with no drugs and all on fruit (+some veggies) !!!! How amazing is that. Even though Michael didn't finish they are both absolute heros in my eyes for even attempting something like this!! Here is Michael's blog on 30bananasaday if your interested!!
    http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/western-states-100-mile?xg_source=activity