Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    pretty skinny BOOM !
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options.

I don't like when people say that they notice personality first.

You have no idea what their personality is like from across the room.

Agreed. I mean, really?? Is it even possible to notice personality first?
    Maybe she had a big personality?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ugly and skinny

wp3.jpg

Dell tells me not to use plastic bags on one night stands, or babies.

DellBag1a.jpg
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    I know for me anyway..I may think someone is OK looking and get to know them and find them way more attractive than I did.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    A nice body will get my attention, but a beautiful soul will keep me. But If I gag when I look at your face, I'm sorry we can't even be friends.

wow, this statement doesn't say much for your soul.
    ^^^^^^THIS
    Because she's being honest?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Well I don't go for skinny and I don't go for cubby,what to choose what to choose.hmmm........

me.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Is there really anything wrong with wanting it all??

I want someone with a nice face, good body, great personality, someone driven and successful, kind. Apparently this makes me terrible! Strangely, I can live with that!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options.

I knew people were going to have a problem with this. Really? You don't notice how someone behaves and talks and what they talk about? That isn't the thing that catches your interest and wanting to spend more time with them?
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options

I knew people were going to have a problem with this. Really? You don't notice how someone behaves and talks and what they talk about? That isn't the thing that catches your interest and wanting to spend more time with them?

Of course I notice that, but it's not like I was blindfolded when they started talking
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Of course I notice that, but it's not like I was blindfolded when they started talking

Exactly.

Think about what would make you approach them in the first place. THAT is the first thing that you noticed.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    pretty chubby, but also a great personality. That's far more important than looks.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

But, looks are a dime a dozen. The personality is what gets my attention. I also have been married for a long time and met my husband 17 years ago. so, I was thinking about what caught my attention when I first met him. He came into the room and asked if anyone wanted to go white river rafting. It was his personality and sense of adventure that caught my attention. I may not have noticed him if he had just walked in and started eating (we were in the dining hall at college).
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options
    I am not doubting that at all. I do not think they are mutually exclusive, but I almost always see someone before I talk to them. Noticing how they look first does not make it the primary importance. I think we are just approaching this subject differently.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Id go for chubby pretty and I like to think that's what I am. And your personality can make an average person gorgeous and a gorgeous person ugly.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have to say, there are many people I meet and the minute they open their mouth they appear unattractive. So, for me I am attracted to those who smile, who are interested in talking about more than just themselves, and who make me laugh. However, if we are just going on looks I prefer a little more meat on my men. Cute and chubby beats thin and ugly any day.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I am not doubting that at all. I do not think they are mutually exclusive, but I almost always see someone before I talk to them. Noticing how they look first does not make it the primary importance. I think we are just approaching this subject differently.

Yeah, I agree. I think you are right about us approaching it differently.

Also, just to be clear, me stating what caught my attention does not mean that I was judging any other thoughts or opinions on it.

I also thought my husband was incredibly attractive.

Also, the question was Who would you rather date?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    what's her personality like?
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different. Some go on looks first and others are attracted by the personality first, like how the person carries him or herself or what they say when they introduce themselves.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Facially attractive the body can be developed more easily.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Everyone's different. Some go on looks first and others are attracted by the personality first, like how the person carries him or herself or what they say when they introduce themselves.

Agree!! Probably it is often a combination of the two.