Ugly skinny or pretty chubby?

Options

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options of what a person looks like physically on the outside (there is a lot more physical variety than skinny or chubby).

I don't know why you got flamed for this. Here, take this flower! :flowerforyou:

If I see someone across the room acting like a **** and being a general *kitten*, I'm not even going to bother to look at his face. Actions and body language are a big key into personality. I knew my fiance's personality to a degree before I ever saw his face or body. People don't think before they post something, they just think MY GOD, SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERING VIEW. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

To be fair, I don't think quoting someone and respectfully disagreeing is flaming them. Differing opinions make the world interesting.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options of what a person looks like physically on the outside (there is a lot more physical variety than skinny or chubby).

I don't know why you got flamed for this. Here, take this flower! :flowerforyou:

If I see someone across the room acting like a **** and being a general *kitten*, I'm not even going to bother to look at his face. Actions and body language are a big key into personality. I knew my fiance's personality to a degree before I ever saw his face or body. People don't think before they post something, they just think MY GOD, SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERING VIEW. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

To be fair, I don't think quoting someone and respectfully disagreeing is flaming them. Differing opinions make the world interesting.

I thought we had a good interaction!
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Pretty and chubby, the weight came come off :wink:
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    Ugly people need love too. But seriously, why do we care? We're attracted to what we're attracted to. And that's different things for everybody.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If we are talking morbidly obese, then I suppose I'd favor the fit woman who was a bit homely. But if the beautiful woman was just a tiny bit chunky, I'd go for her.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I thought we had a good interaction!

Agreed :happy:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The question implies that the skinny one is ugly according to what we individually find attractive, so naturally I'd be more prone to go with the pretty chubby one, as he would be the one I'd be attracted to.

Unless he had a ****ty personality. You could be the most attractive person in the world - if you have an ugly personality all bets are off.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Is there really anything wrong with wanting it all??

I want someone with a nice face, good body, great personality, someone driven and successful, kind. Apparently this makes me terrible! Strangely, I can live with that!

I completely agree. However some people here will tell you that you're shallow.

I'm sure those same people are just trying to lose/gain weight to improve their health and athletic performance Seeing as looks appear to be so irrelevant . . .
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Pretty chubby. One can always lose weight.

There's also brown paper bags.

I was waiting for this!!!! LOL
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I want someone with a nice face, good body, great personality, someone driven and successful, kind. Apparently this makes me terrible! Strangely, I can live with that!

I'm sure those same people are just trying to lose/gain weight to improve their health and athletic performance Seeing as looks appear to be so irrelevant . . .

There's nothing shallow about wanting it all. That's what everyone wants. It only becomes an issue when asked to choose, then people think about it as a choice. And if someone mentions personality, people tend to take that as a personal attack somehow.

I know in my case, that my husband is incredibly attracted to my face and body and I wouldn't want it any other way. We also enjoy each others company and have great conversations and I make him laugh. I think we have it all. But, other men would not like me as much as he does. Different people do have different preferences. I also find him attractive, love his face, muscular legs, slender, kind, intelligent, and successful.

I'm happy that he has such a sweet face. But, he's a brilliant scientist and that is what I fall deeper and deeper in love with all over again.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

There's nothing shallow about wanting it all. That's what everyone wants. It only becomes an issue when asked to choose, then people think about it as a choice. And if someone mentions personality, people tend to take that as a personal attack somehow.

I know in my case, that my husband is incredibly attracted to my face and body and I wouldn't want it any other way. We also enjoy each others company and have great conversations and I make him laugh. I think we have it all. But, other men would not like me as much as he does. Different people do have different preferences. I also find him attractive, love his face, muscular legs, slender, kind, intelligent, and successful.

I agree completely. Both you and your husband sound like a very happy couple. My post was more directed to those implying that if you didn't date someone because you didn't find them attractive that somehow you're shallow. I would say looks are equally important as personality.

Looks certainly aren't everything but you can't deny that they certainly get things going . . .
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I agree completely. Both you and your husband sound like a very happy couple. My post was more directed to those implying that if you didn't date someone because you didn't find them attractive that somehow you're shallow. I would say looks are equally important as personality.

Looks certainly aren't everything but you can't deny that they certainly get things going . . .

True!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i-like-turtles1.jpg

I like turtles.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I would date me, because I have it all.

She does. She tucks it away at first and when you get her in the bedroom...SUPRISE!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    i-like-turtles1.jpg

I like turtles.
    :drinker: tosh!

Whichever has the better credit score gets my vote!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    i-like-turtles1.jpg

I like turtles.

I has no credit score. :smile:
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    i-like-turtles1.jpg

I like turtles.

I love cats. :blushing:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Size of their man candy. Nothing else matters.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    i-like-turtles1.jpg

I like turtles.

I love cats. :blushing:

I have cats! :love:
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ugly skinny. THere's always plastic surgery. If a person was intelligent, ecclectic, and had a great sense of humor plus was packing pretty well I wouldn't care what he looked like. Inner beauty creates outer beauty and outer beauty can disappear when a person is ugly in the inside.