Ugly skinny or pretty chubby?

Options

Replies

• PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    Yep...personality all the way...

I remember when I met my wife. We use to both dance in the same club. I sat on one side of a very long bar, and she was always across from me on the other side.

I remember saying to myself..."Man, her personality is fabulous". It took alot of time, but after a month or so I got the courage to go over and ask her personality to dance. She agreed...I could tell she thought my personality was awesome too. We began talking, and found out we a fair amount in common and actually liked each other...looking past our personalities of course.

That was 17+ years ago. Go figure!

haha! exactly!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I never could have anticipated that what I said would come across so controversial. I did not say that looks were unimportant. I think they are very important. The question is which would you rather date. I said personality was most important, face was second and body was third. But, all of those are important. I want an amazing person, a pleasing face, and a good enough body (I am not so picky there). So maybe that is pretty chubby then (although my husband was nowhere near chubby). But, I never said an ugly face and an ugly body. I did not say that. Maybe this question was not intended for married people. Or maybe people need to chill out and realize we interpreted the question differently. Has it ever occurred to you that personality influences more than you realize.

But, while it was my husband saying "Who wants to go white river rafting" that caught my attention. If he had been ugly maybe he would not have kept my attention.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A nice body will get my attention, but a beautiful soul will keep me. But If I gag when I look at your face, I'm sorry we can't even be friends.

wow, this statement doesn't say much for your soul.
    ^^^^^^THIS
    Because she's being honest?

yes, her honest opinion makes her soul look ugly to me.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I never could have anticipated that what I said would come across so controversial. I did not say that looks were unimportant. I think they are very important. The question is which would you rather date. I said personality was most important, face was second and body was third. But, all of those are important. I want an amazing person, a pleasing face, and a good enough body (I am not so picky there). So maybe that is pretty chubby then (although my husband was nowhere near chubby). But, I never said an ugly face and an ugly body. I did not say that. Maybe this question was not intended for married people.

Lots of others said personality too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I never could have anticipated that what I said would come across so controversial. I did not say that looks were unimportant. I think they are very important. The question is which would you rather date. I said personality was most important, face was second and body was third. But, all of those are important. I want an amazing person, a pleasing face, and a good enough body (I am not so picky there). So maybe that is pretty chubby then (although my husband was nowhere near chubby). But, I never said an ugly face and an ugly body. I did not say that. Maybe this question was not intended for married people.

I know, but mine was quoted by a whole bunch of people claiming not to believe me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    This is for the guys, but ladies feel free to chime in..

Would you rather date someone who had a smoking body but not so hot face or a pretty face and a not so hot body?

See the question said: Who would you rather date?

It didn't say: What is the first thing you notice across the room?

If it had been the second then I would have answered that. And why does everyone assume you only notice people across a room? Everyone looks like blurry blobs across the room.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I know, but mine was quoted by a whole bunch of people claiming not to believe me.

Eh, am just saying you're perspective is clearly shared by others.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Eh, am just saying you're perspective is clearly shared by others.

Oh, I see. :wink:
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    pretty skinny
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Agree...also need a personality to go with looks though. I don't care how good they look it they don't have a good personality lol

Exactly. Looks don't matter.

Of course looks matter, why kids ourselves.

I like your way of thinking. Looks certainly do matter. But as I said, it's just a matter of which one matters more. To some people looks matter more than personality, while to others it's the other way around. But realistically let's face it, the first thing we notice about person is how they look. From there it's just a question of whether you can look past their physical appearance and focus on their personality once the ice is broken. Some are able to while some, for whatever reason cannot.

I'll be the first to say that the first thing I notice when I meet a woman is her looks. From there, personality takes centre stage. If after her looks get my attention she turns out to be a total b****, I don't care how hot she is, she can take a hike.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Assuming they both have equally great personalities, ugly skinny. I would rather have someone that will be around for me as long as possible, and I'm assuming skinny means healthy in this situation.

When I first saw a picture of my fiance, I was not attracted to him, whatsoever. The more I got to know him though, the more beautiful he was. He's probably the most beautiful person I know.

Turns out though, that he is just really not photogenic and is actually really handsome, anyway.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Happy, kind, joyful, honest, loving, with a big heart.
    I couldn't care less of how she looks. As long as she's happy and healthy :)
  • PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    pretty skinny

duh.. but that's not a choice lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Agree...also need a personality to go with looks though. I don't care how good they look it they don't have a good personality lol

Exactly. Looks don't matter.

Of course looks matter, why kids ourselves.

I like your way of thinking. Looks certainly do matter. But as I said, it's just a matter of which one matters more. To some people looks matter more than personality, while to others it's the other way around. But realistically let's face it, the first thing we notice about person is how they look. From there it's just a question of whether you can look past their physical appearance and focus on their personality once the ice is broken. Some are able to while some, for whatever reason cannot.

I'll be the first to say that the first thing I notice when I meet a woman is her looks. From there, personality takes centre stage. If after her looks get my attention she turns out to be a total b****, I don't care how hot she is, she can take a hike.

Well, I think both are important. My husband and I are both physically very attracted to each other. And we enjoy each others company very much. I wouldn't want to have to "look past" anything whether in the personality or the looks.

When I read the question I was imagining a bunch of people that were all attractive and what caught my eye. I guess I was thinking about the question incorrectly.

But, I would always choose a less attractive, amazing person. Over an abusive jerk that "looked good".
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A nice body will get my attention, but a beautiful soul will keep me. But If I gag when I look at your face, I'm sorry we can't even be friends.

wow, this statement doesn't say much for your soul.
    ^^^^^^THIS
    Because she's being honest?

No, because anybody who says that is an *kitten*, sorry. How shallow...
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options of what a person looks like physically on the outside (there is a lot more physical variety than skinny or chubby).

I don't know why you got flamed for this. Here, take this flower! :flowerforyou:

If I see someone across the room acting like a **** and being a general *kitten*, I'm not even going to bother to look at his face. Actions and body language are a big key into personality. I knew my fiance's personality to a degree before I ever saw his face or body. People don't think before they post something, they just think MY GOD, SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERING VIEW. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options of what a person looks like physically on the outside (there is a lot more physical variety than skinny or chubby).

I don't know why you got flamed for this. Here, take this flower! :flowerforyou:

If I see someone across the room acting like a **** and being a general *kitten*, I'm not even going to bother to look at his face. Actions and body language are a big key into personality. I knew my fiance's personality to a degree before I ever saw his face or body. People don't think before they post something, they just think MY GOD, SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERING VIEW. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Exactly!

Also, at this point, people should just continue to answer the question as they want to, instead of focusing on the other answers and making a big hullabaloo out of nothing.
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy how almost no one actually answered the question lmao.

Btw...chubby/pretty all the way! And by chubby I'm assuming you don't mean obese, but a few lbs overweight.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well a face is the first thing I see so face and a body can be tweaked with exercise.Im female by the way .
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How about healthy and nice?

^^^^ maybe its because I am in my 30's or maybe its because I have dated too many losers... I would rather someone who is healthy and kind and has their crap together over anything else. I am trying to be that person right now.

A good credit score is a plus too!

Must have a solid 401k too.

Oooh, I left that one out.