What do you count as 'water'?

Options

Replies

• QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Diet soda is not water. Soda further dehydrates you and puts more stress on the kidneys and liver. Not sure if srs or potato.

Potato.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Only water. Because I drink water for the health benefits of it, not to get to my bla-oz of water in. And drinking coke or whatever else will not give me the benefits that water does.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I count water, mineral water, and tea.

Coffees, juices, etc, I don't count in my personal intake.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Oops! accidental post...
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    For me anything caffeinated is a no no , or anything considered "pop"/"soda" , their more chemicals than water!, fruit juice is mostly packed with sugar so i dont count that either...

for me water is water ....or squash ... I count squash as water because I dont like the taste of some waters, without the squash id of had to have one of the above :(
  • Piriteze
    Piriteze Posts: 4
    Options
    I count water as in only water as water and flavored waters, such as adding in a low calorie flavor packets.

My husband had this conversation with the massage therapist. She asked if he drank a lot of water, he said yes, tea. She said that is not water..... It requires "processing" that water doesn't or something like that....

I don't count diet sodas, or other non water drinks towards my water count..

How? The water molecules don't form compounds with 'tea' molecules, making it more difficult to process.
    I personally count all liquids that don't dehydrate as water, although I don't log liquids so its a moot point.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Where am I??
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Water. That's it.

Yup. ^ This. If is a drink other than water than I log it under snacks or whatever meal I had it with. Pretty simple and explanatory, really.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I count water as in only water as water and flavored waters, such as adding in a low calorie flavor packets.

My husband had this conversation with the massage therapist. She asked if he drank a lot of water, he said yes, tea. She said that is not water..... It requires "processing" that water doesn't or something like that....

I don't count diet sodas, or other non water drinks towards my water count..

How? The water molecules don't form compounds with 'tea' molecules, making it more difficult to process.
    I personally count all liquids that don't dehydrate as water, although I don't log liquids so its a moot point.
    Are you questioning the medical legitimacy of advice from a LICENSED massage therapist? They had WEEKS of training! Of course, most of those weeks involved the application of various balms on skin. . . . *cough*
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I count water as water. Because that's all that counts.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Water. If it came from a tap or out of a bottle. Water.

If it's not water. Then it's not water.
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I generally count anything that isn't caffeinated, has low sugar and no/VERY low sodium.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    only water counts as water. alcohol, coffee, etc are diuretics.....which means they dehydrate you. water is water and if its not water, its not counted as water.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I only count water for my water intake. If I drink a soda or iced tea(Snapple), then I log it as a soda or iced tea. I keep a 24oz water bottle on my desk at work and try to drink through 4 of those before I leave.
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    water.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Water. That's it.
    This. Anything else I log under food.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    unsweeted tea..thats about it. I log this under food but count it as water.
  • Mojoni
    Mojoni Posts: 3
    Options
    Water.
  • mattswing
    mattswing Posts: 1
    Options
    i only count water as water, I will also include sports drinks and account for the calories but only when i feel it necessary to drink a sports drink. I do add flavoring to my water such as Mio, or Great Value version from Walmart, even Koolaid has them now and there is no sugar or no calories in them.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This was actually one of the questions on my final in my dietetic class this past semester. The general rule of thumb is to count all juices, coffees and teas, caffeinated or decaffeinated, with your water count. You, of course, still need to account for the added calories in these liquids.

^^THIS^^
    But for me personally, I track only water as water :drinker: