What do you count as 'water'?

Options
123457»

Replies

• maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in tracking water. There are plenty of other, more important, things to track and stress over.

I feel the same way!

Why track it? Your body will let you know when you're hydrated. Not to be too TMI, but when your urine is clear, you're hydrated.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    water. anything else gets logged into where my food goes. I don't usually drink anything but water though.
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I only truly count water (plain h20) unless flavored with lemon, citrus no sugar added items, clear water to my daily water count. I usually only drink water, coffee, vitamin water zero (terrible thing), teas.
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This was actually one of the questions on my final in my dietetic class this past semester. The general rule of thumb is to count all juices, coffees and teas, caffeinated or decaffeinated, with your water count. You, of course, still need to account for the added calories in these liquids.

Thanks for the great info!! :happy:
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Tracking is good for some because some people just simply do not drink water. Water is good for you, no matter what anyone says.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tracking is good for some because some people just simply do not drink water. Water is good for you, no matter what anyone says.

This. I didn't drink water (or anything else) much before I started logging it. I don't care for juice, soda, tea etc so I was dehydrated all the time and didn't know it. I just knew I felt crappy. Now I drink water all the time and don't drink much of anything else. Because of this, I guess I don't get the whole mixing sugar and other stuff with water when you can get perfectly hydrated without the calories. But that's just me and I understand some people do drink a lot of other stuff for taste and don't see the need to drink straight water. To each their own.
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I count everything liquid towards my water intake, as well as anything that melts at room temp (like ice cream) and soups. It is all liquid to me. :smile:
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I only count water or herbal teas (non-caffeinated) as water.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water