Team Fit- June

Options

Replies

• gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Lisa - cograts on the weightloss. That is totally motivation for me, because I've been slacking a bit.

Ariel - I totally know what you mean. I was horrible this week. Not everyday, but def can improve.

Last week, I was just not feeling it. I don't know what happened, but my motivation and determination were not very strong. And of course having people around me tell me that I look great, make me relax and not be as strict on myself as I should. I want to get to my goal for myself, so I don't think people understand.
    This week, I'm more than determine to get back on track. Its not going to be easy because I already have things that I gotta do after work most day, but I made sure to schedule them for later so I can push myself to go straight home and workout before I meet up with people.

Come on ladies we can do this, lets keep strong!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I appreciate your support! :flowerforyou: My success (so far) is just proof that the system works - I have no magic pill. :laugh:

Gaby - I saw your post about having an engagement party in a month. CONGRATS!! That's so cool - nothing like a wedding to motivate you to lose weight! :bigsmile: That's when I lost the most recently - well it was 6 years ago - and I steadily packed on 20-30 pounds since the wedding - but that wedding was wonderful motivation to lose!

Angie - vacation is SO hard! I have a mini vacation coming up that I'm nervous about. Well, it's not really a vacation, but I'll be out of my routine. In mid-July, my mom is having surgery, and I'm going to go stay with her for a week. I'm going to have to be oh-so determined and disciplined to be good. In my family, gathering to share meals together is like entertainment - we always have a blast - but its all centered around food. My mom is on a diet too, so maybe I can be a good influence. :flowerforyou:

Maybe we should start our own little mini challenge or something to give us all a jumpstart kick in the pants? Eh? Ideas? ... See who can lose the most from now until July 4th? ...

What happened to Kim and DownSizin? :cry:
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    I think the challenge is a great idea. How about we start with drinking 10 glasses of water a day and making sure we have a good sweat session at least 4 days this week?
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!:flowerforyou:

Lisa- that sounds like a great idea! I would def. be down for that! I know its not far from now, but it is a couple weeks! we could all be down 4 pounds by then! I'm IN!!!!:glasses:

Gaby- I hear ya on not being motivated! But same as you, I am this week! I'm going to be good and I;'m going to kick *kitten*! .

Angie- dont worry about going over. it seems we all weren't as good as we should have been. Well expet for maybe Lisa! She's kicking out butts! hehehe. But youre doing so well. You dont have much more to go. Hang in there!

So last time I weighed in i was at 157. So we should all post our starting weight so we know where we all are. And on the 4th we will log in and tell everyone what we lost! i'm determined to lose 4 pounds by then! I dont think that will be too hard. 2 pounds each week! I will drink at least 10 glasses of water andexercise like crazy! We're going to do this!

Oh and I dont know what happened to Kim or Karen! But they should come back!!! Its been a while. Same with Jolene, she's gone too. At least we're sticking with it! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :glasses:

yesterday: 60 mins at the gym and 4 glasses of water. that was the first time in a long time i didnt get all 8 glasses of water. i dont know what i was thinking yesterday. lol
    today: at least an hour at the gym, I'm going to try for more. And 10 glasses of water!

Okay Lisa, Angie and Gaby! lets do this!:flowerforyou: :happy: :glasses: I know we can! if only we could have some kind of prize at the end. hahahaha :laugh:
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm def in. Should we do Monday weight ins so we can be accountable for our weekends. That is when I have most trouble. Sometimes I don't even log in to MFP. But this month I'm determine to see a change. I want to look as hot as possible at my engagement party :wink:

My last weight in was on Monday at 174 lbs. I'm 6'0" tall. My goal is to get down to 160 - 164 lbs.

So just to get this straing, we won't do weekly weight in, we'll check back (weight wise) on July 4th? Whatever you guys decide works for me :smile:

Yesterday: 50 minutes of BBL sculp, 30 minutes of Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown. Drank about 12 glassses of water.

Good luck ladies! We can do this :flowerforyou:
  • lmr9
    Options
    "Sweat Session" - I love it! That's a great term, Gaby! :laugh:

Okay, I'm totally in for the July 4th challenge. It's going to be hard to not weigh myself before then, but I'll tough it out. My current weight is 198. YIKES - I'm so shy and crazy about actually putting the number down in writing anywhere! BUT, I was thrilled to be under 200 on my last weigh-in. That's back to where I was right before Thanksgiving 2009 when I quit MFP. Gaby, I'm also 6 feet tall - my ultimate goal is 185. I know that sounds crazy and still very heavy, but that would be a good weight for me, and something I've not been at since junior high! And that would put me into the "healthy" BMI category. I've been a "big girl" my whole life; always super athletic and muscular. I'd LOVE to lose 5 pounds by July 5th.

SO - no weigh in until Monday, July 5th - 10 glasses of water per day - at least 4 sweat sessions per week. IT'S ON!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great idea ladies!! I'm in for the challenge too. Technically when I last weighed myself (2 weeks ago) I was 144.5 lbs, but I'm going to say 145 because I'm sure I gained at LEAST half a pound last week when I was being naughty. :grumble: So on July 5, I should be VERY close to my goal weight of 140!!! Here's hoping! :flowerforyou:

Gaby & Lisa - I love that you're both 6'0"... I am 5'9" and it seems like I am always the tallest woman everywhere I go. I am the tallest of all my friends by like 4 inches. So it's nice to meet some other tall ladies. :smile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Ladies!!:flowerforyou:

I am a shrimp comparied to you all!!! :grumble: I'm only 5'7" :frown: I wish I were like 5'8" at least.

Well I was good and went to the gym yesterday, but then I went to dinner with my sister, brother-in-law, bopyfriend and my dad and i ate like crap:mad: . I had like 4 little fry breads with butter and honey, then i had a salad, corn on the cob, and 3 pieces of bbq pork ribs. Then i had cotton candy afterwards. But i'm going to the gym again today and tomorrow. and saturday so i'm hoping it wont be too bad. thats the only thing bad im going to eat this week. i swear it!

I'm okay with weighing in on Mondays.
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I had a pretty good day yesteday. Actually it was a great day. I was strong with tempation. Eat healthy all day. Drank a lot of water and unsweetened green tea (2 cups). For my workouts I completed one hour with two BBL workouts and a 30 minute circuit training session with my fiance. We eneded the day with a cup of fat free cottage cheese with sliced apples and cinnamon.

I'm actually a little scared for today. I came to work early so I can leave early and get home and do my BBL workout for the day should be about an hour only today. Because later I'm meeting co-workers for happy hour at El Torito Grill for a good bye party. So I know I'm going to be tempted to eat some of the stuff. I've been doing soo good this week that it suxs to thing I might bend a little. But at the same time, I don't want to stress out and not enjoy it.

Wish me luck ladies.

Sorry for the edit - but P.S. I thought we were talking about our final goals at the beginning, I don't think I can lose 10 or more lbs before 4 of July. But I'm shooting for 5 lbs. I know the last lbs are the hardes to lose. So slow and steady.
  • aabelein
    Options
    Top o' tha mornin' ladies!:flowerforyou:

Well I didnt make it to the gym last night because my boyfriend broke our internet. hahaha. My dad came voerand helped me fix it so after he left I didnt want to go. So I did the 30 day shred and some extra leg moves too. Plus I ate good. So besides eating bad at dinner the other night, I've been really good. Today I will be going to the gym because they're having a nutritional seminar i want to attend.

yesterday: 30 mins of exercise and 10 glasses of water
    today: 60 mins of exercise and 10 glasses of water

be good everyone! the weekend is almost here! :glasses:
  • lmr9
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :flowerforyou:

Past couple of days have been so-so for me. On Tuesday I did a step aerobics class, and today my calves are killing me. I didn't have time to go to the gym yesterday, and I can't go today either. :( And Fridays are usually my day off from the gym. Then Saturday I'm leaving town to visit some family. I sure hope I can get a workout in soon!!! But, even without working out, I've managed to stay close to my calorie goal - going over by 200-300 each day - so that's not too terrible. Still fitting in 10+ cups of water every day.

Hope y'all are having a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Happy Friday! Yesterday I did not workout out at all. I worked really long hours and was exhausted, so even though it wasn't part of my calendar for BBL, I took a rest day. My rest days are on Sunday, so I'm hoping to just make it up then.
    I've been eating healthy I had an big oatmeal cookie yesterday, but at least its better than the double chocolate brownie I really wanted. LOL!!
    Today and for the rest of the weekend I want to keep strong. I'm going to get home and workout out hard. Then I'm going shopping to victoria secret and taking my mom and my best friend to dinner, but we'll go somewhere healthy cause they both know I'm on this path and totally supportive!
    Tomorrow I'm going to go tanning (spray) and to get a long and relaxing facial, I'm been pretty stressed at work and breaking out a bit, so I'm treating myself.
    I really hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I'll do my best to check in this weekend as I plan to spend a lot of time at home.
  • aabelein
    Options
    Morning team!:flowerforyou:

Well as I write this I am eating a donut from Dunkin' Donuts! bad, I know, but I haven't had one in years and they've been popping up all over town here. My boss brought in 2 dozen this morning so I couldn't refuse!!! But I'm only eating one. I didnt get to to gym last night. An old friend of mine called me and we discovered we have lived in the same apartment complex for almost a year! I've ben there for almost 2 but she moved in last August. So I went and hung out with her instead of going to the gym. But I will be going today. And I'm going tomorrow also because I'm meeting with my trainer. So I'm going to try and not be too hard on myself for eating this delicious donut! hahaha:laugh:

Lisa- No worries on the exercise. You're doing great! I think a couple days off will be just fine. And your muscles will probably be thankfull. I'm kinda glad I didnt exercise yesterday because my arms are still sore from Monday.

Gaby- Hope your happy hour went off well. And if you had more than you wanted, dont sweat it! You are doing great and should be able to enjoy yourself for a night!

today: 60 mins at the gym. 10 glasses of water

Be good today girls! its friday! Hang in there! Only anther week and 2 days until the 4th! We can do it!!:glasses: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • andreaxmariexvnv
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a new member thanks to Ariel :).
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome Andrea! :flowerforyou:

Well, I've been good at sticking to calorie/exercise goals this week, but this weekend my husband & I are going to Atlanta to visit friends, so it's gonna be difficult/impossible while we're there. I know I'm not gonna get to the gym today or tomorrow... if we're home early enough on Sunday I will though. I think I'm gonna do the worst out of everybody at this July 4 challenge we have goin' on... :grumble:

Oh, and I FINALLY got a job!! Granted, it's a temporary job, but the company has the option to hire me permanently after 10 weeks if they want to/have the money. I start Monday. :smile:

Everybody have a good weekend! :drinker:
  • andreaxmariexvnv
    Options
    Thank you :smile: I'm glad to be a part of this. When do we start new threads and how often do we check in?

I am taking care of my Father after his surgery for a week and then I will be able to get into a routine. :happy: I am currently eating small portions of whatever the family is making and using my Dad's stationary bike. Once I get home I can really focus hardcore. :tongue: If you want to learn about my weight loss struggles and why I'm here, read my bio. Once again, I am so happy to be a part of this and thank you all for accepting me into your group.

:heart: Andrea Marie
  • lmr9
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :flowerforyou:

Andrea Marie - welcome!!:flowerforyou: Right now we are doing a mini challenge to see who can lose the most weight - we weigh in on Monday, July 5th. Normally we all focus on drinking 10+ cups of water per day, staying within calories, and exercising 3-4 times per week. Weigh in on Mondays. Glad to have you!

I was bad this weekend. I made an unplanned trip to visit my parents - they both have health issues, so we had to go see them unexpectedly. Everything is fine, thank goodness. But, in the meantime, it's thrown me out of my routine. I ate more than I should - nothing too terribly crazy, but more than I should -- and didn't exercise at all. I haven't worked out since last Tuesday. :noway: HOLY CRAP! Angie - you and I are going to be in the running for last place on our challenge! :laugh: BACK AT IT TOMORROW!!! I do NOT want to undo all the hard work I've done up til now - I'm going to be hard core until our weigh in. I don't have any plans for the 4th, so hopefully I can stay focused!

Have a great week everybody!!!
  • aabelein
    Options
    Hi ladies!:flowerforyou:

Welcome Andrea!! Glad you could make it. I will start a new thread at the begining of next month. I try to log in everyday, but I dont on the weekends. haha, i dont know why. I just dont think about it. :glasses:

Well my weekend was okay. I was bad and had some pizza Friday night and I went to Applebee's and ate kinda bad there on Saturday because it was my friends bday. But besides that I was pretty good and I went to the gym Saturday. I'm going to make sure I go to the gym eeryday this week except for tomorrow. I dont think I'll make it tomorrow because I'm a dork and my sister and friend Jocelyn and I are going to watch all the Twilight movies at the theatre and then see Eclipse at midnight! I'm SUPER excite!:bigsmile: I loved the books and the movies are okay. So I took Wednesday off of work since I wont get home until about 2am.... so that means I can exercise a lot on Wednesday since I wont have to be at work!! hehe :flowerforyou: I did weigh in and it didnt say i lost anything. I weighed in at the gym and it was 5 pounds down from when i weighed in there, but their scale was more than mine. First it said I weighed 166, now it says i weigh 161. my scale says 157. So oh well. I lost 1% body fat so thats good. I guess I dont really care about my weight because as long as inches and body fat comes off, I'm okay with that.

today: 60 mins or more at the gym plus 10 glasses of water
  • aabelein
    Options
    Oh!!! And Angie!!! Congrats on getting a job! I'm sure you will kick *kitten* at it!!! good luck!!!!:flowerforyou: :glasses: :drinker:
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Hope you all had a great weekend. I was kinda bad. But could have been worst :). Did go to Red Robin on Friday night, but my girlfriend and I shared a chiken wrap and had a salad. Didn't work out as much as possible and did not drink enough water. I hate that I let myself off the hook on the weekends. All my hard work for the week, seems useless. But wanna keep strong and keep going. I have one month left before my engagement party and my goal is to look my best.
    Today start the last week of the Brazil Butt Lift. Even thought I've skipped some of the days, I love this workout and my legs, hips, tighs and butt look great. My fiance loves it. All cellulite gone and def see definition and lift. After this week, I'm going to take a little time off then I'll go back to doing the workouts so I can get some good sessions before my party.