Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My Success Isn't a Size 0

THISisTARRAN
THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
My success will be when I feel more comfortable in my skin and it will never be a size 0. I chuckle at even trying to attain that. My body is more of a curvy type and I would feel happy and comfortable at a size 8 at the SMALLEST, I would be happy at a 10 or 12. What about you??? If you are a size 0 and you can rock that- more power to you, but I'm a curvy woman, I couldn't be that small if I TRIED!

Replies

• rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Definitely! Some people truly are "bigger boned" than others! I don't think I ever remember being a size 0. I can remember being a size 3 or 5, though. I would be happy to get there again (which I guess would be a woman's 2 or 4 seeing as i'm no longer a teen!), but I don't need to be a zero.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    I agree! I have a curvy figure as well, and the smallest I've ever been is a size 6. Any smaller than that and I'm pretty sure I would look emaciated.
  • linalovekitty
    linalovekitty Posts: 187
    Im personally very uncomfortable at a size 10 or 12. I actually feel good at a size 6 or 8 though. 20lbs away
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Ive gone from size 22 to my current size 10, quite curvy, thick, etc... I never really had a size as a goal... but I knew certain numbers that were where I knew I looked good and wanted to be at... cept this time the numbers and sizes do not match...

for example... I wore a size 8 when I was 130 pounds...
    today I wear a size 10 and I weigh 169 pounds

obviously my numberical goals are going to change ( I still havent decided to what)

One thing I am sure of that size 10 isnt looking great yet....

so while I doubt it will be size 0, dont cut yourself short... you may feel liek I do, at size 10... need to go a bit further... no matter what idea you have in your head, you will not know for sure til you get there...

I also think the " I look good at XX & XX" is a cop-out for MOST ladies.... because they do not have confidence to imagine themselves getting smaller
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    I would be happy at a 12 or 14 to be 100% honest. That's what size I was at my best. Any smaller and I would look too small and think I wouldn't be healthy. Good luck ladies. Hope to read your stories soon!! :drinker:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    My goal size is a size 6. Im in 8s now, some are tight and i like the way i look but i know i will love a 6. Maybe even a 4 but i dont t think my body will do that lol, i have some hips. I could never wear a 0, not with my body type. And im okay with that, i love how i look. I think some girls look awesome at a 0 but im not one of them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    at least you didn't knock those who are a size 0. Size 0's can still have curves, though. :wink:
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    I would never pull off a 0. My hip bones are WIDE. even at my thinnest I was a size nine. I think I'd be okay at a 6, but no smaller.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    My goal was/is to only have the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle, jiggle. :laugh: Scales and sizes are pretty close to meaningless for me.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Couldn't ever be a zero and pretty sure I would not want to be. I always loved being a 10 - so that would be awesome. If I got down to an 8 that would be shocking. But even at a 12 I would be happy.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    My goal isn't size 0. Mine is 00.
  • Girls that can rock a size 0 are awesome :) But that's not for me either..I'm a size 12/13 now and would love to be a size 8. I am curvy too so ideally I think that is the perfect size :)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    I thought I would be a size 12 (it was the smallest size I have been as an adult and I thought I looked good)... got there at a couple of pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, bought a ton of clothes......stopped being silly about lifting, added a ton of weight... dropped 7lbs and am a comfortable size 8.

I have a feeling I will be a size 6 by the end of the summer which I NEVER imagined possible.
  • Agreed...I am 5'9 and have had two children...I would look like Olive Oyl at a size 0. I'm with you and would be happy at a 10 after battling at a 14/16 for the past couple years. I want to know my diet and exercise are making me healthy. The teenage size 5 is not realistic at my age. So I'm with you!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Very few people look good at/are healthy at size 0! It's tiny!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Yeah thank you for not knocking size 0s:) So much of what is considered a healthy body type is genetic, so do what is most suitable for you! My mom was smaller than I am now well into her 30s so I got her build. My younger sister however has 3 inches on me and about 25 lbs heavier. And she's gorgeous! All muscle-she could beat me up haha Glad you're bringing attention to build, not a dress size, it's so much more realistic:)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    i'm a 6/8 right now. fairly happy with my size but not with the way i look naked. i'm gonna keep strength training so i can see some abs...and keep doing cardio because i love the feeling of burning calories and breaking a sweat :) xoxo
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    When I started at a size 12 to 14 I was hoping to fit back into my eights. Even as a teen I don't remember being smaller than an 8. Today I am. Go for your goal and you might surprise yourself by doing better!!:happy:
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    I have curves and wear a size 0 :-)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    i'm a 6/8 right now. fairly happy with my size but not with the way i look naked. i'm gonna keep strength training so i can see some abs...and keep doing cardio because i love the feeling of burning calories and breaking a sweat :) xoxo

^^THIS^^ I'm with you on that one!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!