My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options

Replies

• asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 in college but was too thin to even donate blood (110 lbs). That was wayyyy too thin (I was very healthy though!)

Now I'm battling hard to get back to an 8 and stay there (I always seem to gain during work travel).

I don't even think size 0 is a normal size or a normal measurement if me at a size 4 was too thin to donate blood. Just a thought.

it is a normal size if you are around 5ft tall and don't have "large" body frame :)
    As for curves, i was a 0 in my late teens early 20's and still rocked a DD cup so... there yah have it. Im much more interested in a strong body now, but i wouldn't say 0 or 00 is far fetched, or sick, for someone of my size, and im not alone :)
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If I can keep my boobs and hips (like some size 0s I know out there) then sure, a 0 is fine. I don't really care so long as I keep my boobs to be honest.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who "can't imagine myself that small" but probably could be that small and be healthy. I'm 5'1 with tiny wrists and hands but biggish feet....so, not totally sure about the size of my bones but I think my frame is probably pretty small. I JUST allowed myself to start dreaming of being a size 4, even though me as a size 6 still seems unimaginable.

To be honest, I don't have a great awareness of my body size. Sometimes I think I'm bigger than I am, sometimes smaller. I think that's the case with a lot of women, especially those who have struggled with their weight and body image. So size 0?? I have no idea. I see what I fit in to when I get to my goal weight!
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am very uncomfortable in a 10 or 12. I consider myself curvy though. I have naturally big hips, but at a 10 or 12, that was a lot of extra fat. I was only 140 pounds and 5'4" at my highest size of 12. I'm now a size 4 or 6 and 109 pounds. That's good for me. I could probably never be a 0 either.
  • controlyouself
    Options
    my measurements were 32, 26,34. now my measurements are 34,28,39
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm currently about 23% body fat at a size 8.

I think 20% would be about a size 6. Not terribly interested in going lower than that.

I'm also 5'9".
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    No I don't care about being a size 0. At this time in my life I will be happy to be comfortable in a 10/12.
  • lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be a healthy size 8-10, I can't remember ever being smaller than a 10....So i'll be happy if I see that again! By the way I'm 43 and 5', currently in a 12-14....Good luck ladies!
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 in college but was too thin to even donate blood (110 lbs). That was wayyyy too thin (I was very healthy though!)

Now I'm battling hard to get back to an 8 and stay there (I always seem to gain during work travel).

I don't even think size 0 is a normal size or a normal measurement if me at a size 4 was too thin to donate blood. Just a thought.

yeah, i'm a size 4 and just make it to be too thin to donate blood, so a size 0 wouldn't work for me other than in extreme vanity sizing.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    This is usually the stuff people tell themselves so they will be comfortable giving up later on when things get too hard. Don't give up at 12. I'm curvy too and I have big thick bones and I still looked better in 4's than I did in 6's (which I feel incredibly awesome in).
    BULL****.
    Considering that you are new to this site and still have a ways to go to get to your goal, I repeat- don't give up at 12. Don't stop before you even know what you're capable of.

This is the correct response to my post. Thank you. :drinker:
    QFMFT!!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'5" hourglass with curves. I would cry if I saw myself as a size zero; I would look very ill. Plus, I don't want to lose my bubble butt. My goal is a fit/athletic size 8 or 10. However, I have seen healthy size 0s who just have a very small frame and are naturally very thin.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    While being a size 0 is not my goal, but if on my way to my goal if I become a size 3, my new goal would be to become a size 0 or a 00 if possible. I still have clothes from that size, I would be so happy if I could fit them again.
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Shame on those of you saying 0 "isn't normal" or "sickly." I'm at my max weight right now and had to work my *kitten* off to get put on that muscle weight. I think it's every bit as insulting to knock a girl for being what you deem as "too thin" as for her to make a comment about someone being overweight. I've had awful things said to me about being this size and for what? Because of my genetics? Well bite me. Learn to be happy with and to work with what you're born with.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Im wearing 12s and 14s now....for the first time in my adult life. I have only a couple of pounds to go to get to my goal...and I'm happy with how I look and feel at this level. It was never about getting to a certain size or even a certain weight. It was about feeling good in my skin, looking good in my clothes whatever size they were. Sizing is no way to tell much anyway...it varies so much manufacturer to manufacturer and store to store.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I never thought of my goal as a particular size; more like a particular general look to my body. It doesn't matter whatever size that ends up being. Then again, most clothes where I live are "one size" outside of denim, which is typically S, M, and sometimes L(26") if you're lucky -- and even that sometimes only comes in one size.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking size 2 . . . but I'm also a small-framed 5'0" girl. Did a bikini progress shot today (I keep those to myself. . . ) and at size 6/8 I'm still a bit too doughy (though looking so much better than before!).

Hopefully with more focus on lifting and with losing some more pounds, I'll be a bit more comfortable in my swimsuits :smile:.

It's not so much about the number as it is about being comfortable and energetic. I'm comfortable in my clothes at size 6 . . . can't wait to be comfortable on a beach :bigsmile:.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Shame on those of you saying 0 "isn't normal" or "sickly." I'm at my max weight right now and had to work my *kitten* off to get put on that muscle weight. I think it's every bit as insulting to knock a girl for being what you deem as "too thin" as for her to make a comment about someone being overweight. I've had awful things said to me about being this size and for what? Because of my genetics? Well bite me. Learn to be happy with and to work with what you're born with.

Also, truth here!! It's just a number, people - not something to use as fuel for a value judgement on the people around you.
  • ceeci43
    ceeci43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Very few people look good at/are healthy at size 0! It's tiny!
    I find your statement insulting. I have been a size 0 since I'm 16 yrs. old I'm now 43 yrs. old and am 4 inches from being a size 0 again. At 5'1 And very small boned a size 0 is a perfect fit. I work very hard to keep fit and healthy. I'm sorry food isn't the only thing I think about. And I may have Celiacs but that doesn't make me SIckly! You are rude and insulting and owe the size zeros on this site an apology...SHAME ON U!!!! Personally the # on my scale doesn't matter, it's the way my clothes fit and how I feel in them
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty curvy, I have over a 10" difference between my waist and hip measurements, currently I wear a size 2 and I'd like to drop another size before I reach my goal. You can be curvy, healthy, and fit at a size 0. You can be curvy, healthy, and fit at a size 12. It all depends on the person and their preferences! Also, if someone doesn't want to have curves, or just isn't shaped like that, that's okay too! :flowerforyou:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Your goals are your goals, and as long as you don't go around body shaming those that are smaller and/or have size 0 as their goal, I say more power to you.

I agree!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!