My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options

Replies

• wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a goal size, but a 0 would be spectacular. I'm a size 4 (US) right now.

I have a goal waist of 24-25 inches, and am currently between 27-26.5 inches.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" medium frame very curvy body.... Once I was size 12 and I hated it.... then size 10 I didn't hate it, but I wasn't happy.... right now Im size 8 and Im OK with it.... (sometimes I fit into a size 6).... so I would say that my goal would be between 4 and 6... anything smaller than that I would look bad (Ive been a size 2 before and I looked sick) some people look amazing in a size 0 but not me.... one of my good friends is 5'8" medium frame, she is size 0 and she looks super hot.....
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Your goals are your goals, and as long as you don't go around body shaming those that are smaller and/or have size 0 as their goal, I say more power to you.
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I AGREE! I used to always compare myself to my friends who were a size 6 and wonder why I look so much HEAVIER at a size 10? For me it is not entirely about a number on the scale or entirely about the size I wear because quite frankly the size is never the same in any store and the scale can lie as well.

For me "looking good" is looking in the mirror when I'm in my bday suite and LIKING what I see, not just ACCEPTING it and saying "it is what it is". Dont' get me wrong, I know relatively I need to lose X amount of pounds, but at the end of the day its more about losing the self concious "are people staring at me bc I'm fat?" attitude and gaining the "they are staring because I'm one sexy mother F-er!" attitude!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My goal was/is to only have the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle, jiggle. :laugh: Scales and sizes are pretty close to meaningless for me.

I giggled @ this!:drinker:
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I actually set my first goals at a 16/`8 being in a size 26 and having no idea I could get smaller. I'm in an 18 now and can't imagine wanting to stay here. I know I feel and look much better but I want to be the best version of me possible. I honestly don't care at all what size I end up in. I know that that size will be trim and fit and that is all I really care about.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will be super happy when I am a size medium in tops and between a 6, 8, or 10 in pants
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific size in mind because I've honestly never been an ideal weight before so I don't know what size I'm supposed to be. The smallest I've been as an adult is a 12, and I probably could have still lost a size or two. So maybe around an 8? I'm just going to keep going until I'm happy and healthy. I do know that I will never be a size 0 though - I'm 5'11' with a medium to large frame and my bone structure literally would not fit into that size. But some people with smaller frames can look great in a size 0!
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a 12 and I totally love the way I look naked . What I aim to is to live the clothes I fit in as well . Some shops make their clothes not small but just not good enough to hug big breasts and stuff . So I want to be a size 10 or 8 so I can find all the clothes I love and they will fit perfectly on me and make mee look like a curvy sex goodess , muuahahaha. Also my other goal is to have a nice firm hot tummy and be able to war this cute zumba tops that ur tummy is out when I dance !
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My success will be when I feel more comfortable in my skin and it will never be a size 0. I chuckle at even trying to attain that. My body is more of a curvy type and I would feel happy and comfortable at a size 8 at the SMALLEST, I would be happy at a 10 or 12. What about you??? If you are a size 0 and you can rock that- more power to you, but I'm a curvy woman, I couldn't be that small if I TRIED!
    Ditto!!! for ME 6 at ABSOLUTE smallest.8 or 10 will do just fine, however. *Cyber 5 for you!!!!* :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: But LOVE :heart: all those Healthy and happy sizes above and below MY lucky number 10!!! You ladies are HAWT!! Keep up the great work :wink:
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 in college but was too thin to even donate blood (110 lbs). That was wayyyy too thin (I was very healthy though!)

Now I'm battling hard to get back to an 8 and stay there (I always seem to gain during work travel).

I don't even think size 0 is a normal size or a normal measurement if me at a size 4 was too thin to donate blood. Just a thought.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm eager to get back down to 8. I'd pee my pants if I tried on a 6 and it fit, that would be the best ever! I'm not tall at 5'4", but I have a larger structure that would make anything less probably physically impossible due to bones and boobs.

What sucks is that I'm in a snug 10 right now, and it will take a solid 25 pounds for me to squeeze into an 8, at least to get to the weight I was at when I used to fit into 8s. Maybe now that I'm running doing some strength training it won't be quite as bad as all that.
  • egwene1977
    egwene1977 Posts: 69
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm a size 14 now, and I think I'm super close to going down to a 12...I would be perfectly happy there. My goal weight is 170 (I started at 232). Let's hear it for the curvy girls! PS, feel free to add me if you want another curvy friend that isn't starving herself :)
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain I could get into a size zero in certain brands at goal weight

I don't go for a goal size because they vary greatly between brands and I refuse to focus on sucha a silly number

I'm size Shanna...aka Size AWESOME
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Your goals are your goals, and as long as you don't go around body shaming those that are smaller and/or have size 0 as their goal, I say more power to you.

QFT
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!

so, I should either wear clothes that are big and baggy OR gain enough weight to make it to a size deemed normal in your eyes? I'm normal, fyi. I'm just little. And strong.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i've gone from a size 24 down to a 14...my ultimate goal is a 10...but im happy with where i am and where im headed.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Mine is probably a size 6/8 or MAYBE a 4/6, but that's all. I am a true pear, and I could not ever fit into a size 0. Plus, I'm taller, so I have a larger frame.
  • PackersSteelers808
    Options
    My journey started on Saturday, November 26, 2011. At the time, I was weighing in at 155 lbs. (obese for my height of 4'11") and wearing a size 18 pants (not exactly sure on what my dress size was at the time; but I'm thinking somewhere around size 16 for dresses).

I've made a personal weight goal of 115 lbs. (which I'm currently working towards) & thinking I may or may not give myself a little 5 lbs. leeway of a range of 115 to 120 lbs (I think I'd feel most comfortable at 115 lbs. though).

As of this morning, my weight is at 131.7 lbs. (16.7 lbs. to go until goal) :)

I can never imagine myself as a size 0. I knew a girl in high school (she's a couple of years older than me) & she was a size 0...& if I'm remembering correctly (not sure if I am or not), she didn't care for the way she looked. I could never imagine myself that way. I'm currently fitting into a size 6 shorts (& working my way back into my size 4 shorts). My initial goal (when I started my journey) was to get back into a size 6 (pants/shorts size), but now I'm hoping for size 4's (& MAYBE 2's).

Current dress size is: 9/10 :)

We shall see where my numbers (clothes wise) lie when I hit my goal weight (115 lbs.) though. Whatever those clothes numbers are, I shall accept it. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!