T. Colin Campbell says 80-10-10 macros is healthiest diet!

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Yay! Some guy wrote a book about something! Woo Hoo! And he says so! In a book!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    In because

1357882654055.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    The biggest load of crap I've read/heard today bar none. Then again neither look like they've ever stepped foot in a gym. It's like needing a haircut and getting a trim from someone who's blind; it just doesn't make sense - at the very least not for bodybuilding or strength training.

Then you haven't read the killong thread.

I submit to you that the killong thread is the best thing to ever happen to this site.

I particularly enjoyed the terrorism reference. Good times! :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    But...but...Protein?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The biggest load of crap I've read/heard today bar none. Then again neither look like they've ever stepped foot in a gym. It's like needing a haircut and getting a trim from someone who's blind; it just doesn't make sense - at the very least not for bodybuilding or strength training.
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

arnold-schwarzenegger-shirtless.jpg

he looks pretty damn good for a man of 65.

Yeah, all I see is a 65 year old man who hasn't worked out a whole lot lately and yet still has a fairly decent amount of muscle mass. By comparison, Elton John is 66 and won't take his shirt off in public.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    who is this tosser ? never heard of him / her.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Professor Campbell is peer reviewed.

So is Dr Cordain.

Pick your poison ;)

Seems to be the common strand is focusing on whole food which are as close to their natural state as possible.

I insist someone give me tenure!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I submit to you that the killong thread is the best thing to ever happen to this site.

Deleted by the mods...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

please link me to the legendary killong thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994718-your-food-is-killong-you

it won't open :sad:

I wanted to read all about how my food is killong me :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

Yeah, all I see is a 65 year old man who hasn't worked out a whole lot lately and yet still has a fairly decent amount of muscle mass. By comparison, Elton John is 66 and won't take his shirt off in public.
    Doug Graham, author of the 80-10-10 Diet, is 60 and......... AND.....

DrDougGraham.jpg

Arnold might've been the man when Dolly Parton was at her sexual peak but right today he couldn't lift more, run faster, or sound more educated than Doug Graham. Do you want quick results or fruitful longevity?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Agreed. In for references on being killonged.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How do people know which of P, C and F the numbers are for? Is there a standard? (I mean, is it 80C, 10P, and 10F?)
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

Doug Graham, author of the 80-10-10 Diet, is 60 and......... AND.....

DrDougGraham.jpg

Arnold might've been the man when Dolly Parton was at her sexual peak but right today he couldn't lift more, run faster, or sound more educated than Doug Graham.

really, Doug Graham can lift more than Arnie? Got proof of that?

Dolly Parton is a better singer than both of them, whatever.
  • suv_hater
    Options
    That sounds like a terrible idea.
    You're a graphic designer.
    T. Colin Campbell is a biochemist, microbiologist, and world renowned nutritionist.
    Does this still sound terrible, this idea?
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Strumming my pain with his fingers
    Singing my life with his words

Killong me softly with his song

Telling my whole life with his words
  • suv_hater
    Options
    Yay! Some guy wrote a book about something! Woo Hoo! And he says so! In a book!
    Some guy who has accumulated more awards in his field than you've had hair colorings!
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    That sounds like a terrible idea.
    You're a graphic designer.
    T. Colin Campbell is a biochemist, microbiologist, and world renowned nutritionist.
    Does this still sound terrible, this idea?

I'm a palaeoanthropology nerd, and I'd say that 80 10 10 are pretty crappy macros for any species of human. Yes humans could survive on these macros, but they're far from optimal.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

Sylvester Stallone puts all the older action heroes to shame.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Strumming my pain with his fingers
    Singing my life with his words

Telling my whole life with his words

Sad, I had to come to this thread just to bring back some of the awesome killong vibes. The mods shouldn't have killonged that thread, it was just a baby. We didn't get to see it fully mature.