T. Colin Campbell says 80-10-10 macros is healthiest diet!

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a terrible idea.
    You're a graphic designer.
    T. Colin Campbell is a biochemist, microbiologist, and world renowned nutritionist.
    Does this still sound terrible, this idea?

Lotta love going around, huh?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yay! Some guy wrote a book about something! Woo Hoo! And he says so! In a book!
    Some guy who has accumulated more awards in his field than you've had hair colorings!

Wow, more love!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    The biggest load of crap I've read/heard today bar none. Then again neither look like they've ever stepped foot in a gym. It's like needing a haircut and getting a trim from someone who's blind; it just doesn't make sense - at the very least not for bodybuilding or strength training.

Then you haven't read the killong thread.

I submit to you that the killong thread is the best thing to ever happen to this site.

Agreed. In for references on being killonged.

Strumming my pain with his fingers
    Singing my life with his words

Killong me softly with his song

Telling my whole life with his words

Sad, I had to come to this thread just to bring back some of the awesome killong vibes. The mods shouldn't have killonged that thread, it was just a baby. We didn't get to see it fully mature.

and sadly I never got to even see the fledgeling killong thread before it was killonged to death. So tragic, oh! the humanity!
  • drayco_
    drayco_ Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds like a "Whole" lot of crap to me. But to each their own.

I don't doubt it.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The biggest load of crap I've read/heard today bar none. Then again neither look like they've ever stepped foot in a gym. It's like needing a haircut and getting a trim from someone who's blind; it just doesn't make sense - at the very least not for bodybuilding or strength training.
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

arnold-schwarzenegger-shirtless.jpg

he looks pretty damn good for a man of 65.

Yeah, all I see is a 65 year old man who hasn't worked out a whole lot lately and yet still has a fairly decent amount of muscle mass. By comparison, Elton John is 66 and won't take his shirt off in public.

Stallone puts all the older action heroes to shame.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

I submit to you that the killong thread is the best thing to ever happen to this site.

Agreed. In for references on being killonged.

Strumming my pain with his fingers
    Singing my life with his words

Telling my whole life with his words

Sad, I had to come to this thread just to bring back some of the awesome killong vibes. The mods shouldn't have killonged that thread, it was just a baby. We didn't get to see it fully mature.

and sadly I never got to even see the fledgeling killong thread before it was killonged to death. So tragic, oh! the humanity!

It was the best thread ever. I was dyong at the various uses for "killong"... which is now my new favorite word.

Some references to killong spilled over here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994832-pork-is-dangerous

But it's not the same. The killong thread died too young.
  • drayco_
    drayco_ Posts: 17
    Options
    That sounds like a terrible idea.
    You're a graphic designer.
    T. Colin Campbell is a biochemist, microbiologist, and world renowned nutritionist.
    Does this still sound terrible, this idea?

Word! You can't argue with these people. They all have PHDs in nutrition. Or at least they think they doo.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I don't doubt it.

You again? Your credibility in anything science was killonged a while ago. You get so angry with dissenting opinions. YOu know your body releases stress hormones whenever you get mad and they can have a negative effect on your health. The internet might not be for you.

Edit: Aww, you did a quick edit.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Yes, advocating eating natural foods is a load of crap [sarcasm font]

No matter what kind of food you eat, you eventually end up with a load of crap.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yay! Some guy wrote a book about something! Woo Hoo! And he says so! In a book!
    Some guy who has accumulated more awards in his field than you've had hair colorings!

You follow this for 2 months, then report back how your doing. Your muscle strength, quality of your skin/hair/nails, etc. with 10% fat and protein. I'll keep it at 40/30/30.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I don't doubt it.

You again? Your credibility in anything science was killonged a while ago. You get so angry with dissenting opinions. YOu know your body releases stress hormones whenever you get mad and they can have a negative effect on your health. The internet might not be for you.

Yeah we all can't be perfectionists like you. ;) It's sweet you think you are having any negative effect on me. However, it's very sad that people who claim they want to lose extra weight they have, will come and fight/argue with people who don't have extra weight. Hmm

ROFL, you're calling me fat! This is the best day ever!
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

Yeah, all I see is a 65 year old man who hasn't worked out a whole lot lately and yet still has a fairly decent amount of muscle mass. By comparison, Elton John is 66 and won't take his shirt off in public.

Stallone puts all the older action heroes to shame.
    I like Sly but he has used all the enhancers available. You can tell just by the way his body looks but he admitted to it anyway.

http://blogcritics.org/scitech/article/sylvester-stallone-admits-using-human-growth/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I don't doubt it.

Yeah we all can't be perfectionists like you. ;) It's sweet you think you are having any negative effect on me. However, it's very sad that people who claim they want to lose extra weight they have, will come and fight/argue with people who don't have extra weight. Hmm

You're already responsible for the killong of one thread today. Are you trying for a second? I mean, at least the first was of your own creation. Trying to killong someone else's thread is taking it to a whole other level.

Do you really want that on your conscience?
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Aww, drayco's gone, and he never did tell me about his personal eating habits. :cry:
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

DrDougGraham.jpg

Arnold might've been the man when Dolly Parton was at her sexual peak but right today he couldn't lift more, run faster, or sound more educated than Doug Graham. Do you want quick results or fruitful longevity?

that guy looks like a holocaust survivor. arnold proved everything he needed to too in fitness he's onto other things now. guys like your doug graham come out with books and statements like this to draw attention to themselves and sell books.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Yes, advocating eating natural foods is a load of crap [sarcasm font]

No matter what kind of food you eat, you eventually end up with a load of crap.

Well played
    chuck-norris-approved.gif
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    YOU STILL MIRIN BRAH???

Doug Graham, author of the 80-10-10 Diet, is 60 and......... AND.....

DrDougGraham.jpg

Arnold might've been the man when Dolly Parton was at her sexual peak but right today he couldn't lift more, run faster, or sound more educated than Doug Graham. Do you want quick results or fruitful longevity?

mark-sisson-inspirational-fitness-photos.jpg

I'll stick with Mark Sisson, for best looking 59 year old-who eats a primal diet ;)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    My first instinct was to call it "snake oil", but Campbell does have solid credentials.

I am still an IIFYM advocate and that is unlikely to change, but this is interesting if nothing else.

Campbell helped design Bill Clinton's post heart surgery diet:

bill_clinton.jpg
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Your ticker does say you have a lot to lose don't pretend he called you fat

I don't doubt it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

ROFL, you're calling me fat! This is the best day ever!
    [/quote]
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    what 80 carb??? is that serious??

is that really how he breaks it down? that's insane.

or 80 protein? why is p,c, f not listed? I've never seen a "Standard" for how it's listed as in what goes first... I always put protein first- because it's the biggest part of my diet. zing.

besides the "whatever you eat- you still end with a load of crap" best comment in the thread.