Atkins/lowcarb anyone?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of accidentally semi-low carb (I don't eat grains much), but I am definitely not low sugar or low chocolate.

Carbs are not the enemy, and I generally think it's a bad idea to go on any kind of diet without understanding exactly why you're doing it. I choose not to eat grains because I have learned that I feel better without them (fewer gastrointestinal issues and more energy), and I never have cravings for bread or pasta. But I still eat more than 100 g of carbs per day, in the form of fruits, vegetables, and some refined sugar.

But don't give up ANY food that you know you can't live without forever. That's incredibly counterproductive. Just control your portions. I eat 220 calories of dark chocolate every single day. I eat 2 Tbsp of peanut butter every single day. And I'm still losing weight. Calories are the issue, not carbs, assuming you don't have some kind of gluten intolerance or food allergy.

You and your diet sounds almost exactly like me! I do sometimes have a piece of chocolate cake or rice on weekends, though. Weekdays I get my black chocolate + cocoa in protein shake and lots of fruit and veggies for my carbs :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    F that we high carb in this bi&ch
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Been LCHF since May of 2012... haven't looked back, and I'm in it for life! Add me if you like. :)

As for the no chocolate or sugar... there are plenty of ways to make low-carb substitutes for sweet things that'll satisfy your cravings using healthy ingredients. Just gotta be a little adventurous in the kitchen. ;)
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started low carbing today. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are active on MFP.