How did your S/O propose?

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
I enjoyed the romantic thread I started last week...so I thought I'd start another one...

Did he (maybe she?) pop the big question?

My husband and I had done a ghost tour of a historic area of Baltimore known as Fell's Point the halloween before we got engaged. The April after that, my brother and sister in law came to visit. We went back to Fell's Point with them and some friends of ours. We had a nice dinner and afterward, walked so some of the supposedly haunted sites. My then boyfriend kept getting the stories wrong, so I was correcting him the whole time. At this point I wasn't thinking about how weird he was acting...he wound up the tour at the "point" in Fell's Point (a long pier that overlooks the harbor) and started making this speech about how we'd had a great time in Baltimore and how Fell's Point was special to us...then he said "Now I know it's time to ask you an important question". he got down on one knee and asked. The whole time my brother had been getting it on video on his phone. I still have it to this day to watch.

How about you? These stories are always uplifting and I enjoy the romance... (I'm sappy, what can I say?)

Replies

• Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    With an onion ring.....

I said yes :D
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    With an onion ring.....

I have a very similar story
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    With an onion ring.....

I have a very similar story

This is true. It involved a lovely onion ring and some Ranch dressing. Like a match made in fried food heaven. Susan, you've made me so happy. : )
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the energy to type out my cute story...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    this thread is divisive. leaves out the rest of us who haven't been proposed to! or who don't have SOs.

(kidding.)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    We went out to dinner, I had a headache and was feeling sick. Anyway on our drive home, he took the long way. Every time we passed by place where we visited when we started dating he would ask me if I remember that place and what we did there. Finally after a 40 minute drive we pulled up to our apartment. He walked me to the door then said he forgot something in the car. At this point my head was throbbing. I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. I felt someone touch my leg and turned around. he was on his knees holding the ring. Headache was gone. I love that man.
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    this thread is divisive. leaves out the rest of us who haven't been proposed to! or who don't have SOs.

(kidding.)

Will you marry me?:flowerforyou:
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    You want romance??? Let me tell you how my EX husband popped the question......

He was working in Florida the first winter we lived together so I was left home alone for three months in Iowa. We talked on the phone and texted frequently and got on the subject of having kids. I told him I wouldn't have any until we were married so the next text I received was...."Well what kind of ring do you want?"

And that boys and girls, was my proposal. :grumble:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My now ex-husband leaned over behind me while I was at the sink washing dishes and being extremely vexed at the world in general. He whispered in my ear, "Will you marry me?" I threw a dish towel at him and burst into tears.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    he didn't, I did... with a ring and all.

=)
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed to me on Halloween by putting my ring in a lighted ring box inside a jack-o-lantern. He has a poem and everything! Love him!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I did the classic "Christmas Eve" proposal. Simple and elegant.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    On Easter at a family get together.

He gathered everyone for an Easter Prayer. had all the kids get in this huge circle, each holding the most beautiful flower. I found this odd, since his family doesn't usually do a group prayer, but i thought it was sweet and in the Easter spirit, so I started snapping a few pictures of the kids. well the "prayer" was starting so i stopped taking photos and was walking away from him. Well his anoyyyyying brother was like "go take more pictures!" i snapped back "I already did!" he was like "go get some more!" I rolled my eyes and walked back to where my husband was standing a pretended to take pictures (Bro in law and i have a funny relationship lol) Husband started to talk.. he said a few things that didn't make sense at all (he was nervous)... then suddenly turned to me, got on his knee and pulled out a Golden egg covered in rhinestones and then he asked me :) all i could do was cry and nod yes as each kid handed me a flower until i had a HUGE bouquet :)

here's a blurry snippet from the video:

97a52305-2f36-40a2-a458-1a03c09eb5cb.jpg

I had NO idea. AT ALLLLLL..

he picked the ring out himself... and it couldn't be more perfect.

We hit a year next Monday :love:
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    My hubby bought the ring a couple weeks ahead of time, and made sure to tell everyone on both sides of the family. I sort of knew something was up, but wasn't 100% sure. For Valentine's day 2011 we were celebrating a few days early because I had classes and he had work, and we both knew Valentines days wasn't a good enought reasons to cut classes/call off of work. So the weekend before he took me shopping for a new dress and shoes. The Saturday we were celebrating he surprised me with dinner a a restaurant I had never been to, because it was way to expensive for me to ever say, eh yeah let's go blow all the money on one dinner when we could pay an entire bill with it. After dinner he took me to the ballet, something I've also never been to. The night was over. We left, started on our journey home. Or so I thought. He took a random turn and just ventured, something he tends to do. It was dark, on a country road, and snow was everywhere. He pulled over and asked me to get out of the car. In front of a little chaple, in the snow, he got down on one knee and proposed.

Did I mention there was snow everywhere, yeah. Did I mention we had a little itty bitty car, no. As we got back into the car to go home, he went to turn, we got stuck, in the snow, with no cell service. He tried to dig us out, it wasn't working, in fact it just got us more stuck. Waited for 30 minutes for a little old guy and his little wife to come by with a huge truck to pull us out, which still took another 20 minutes because we were really stuck, lol.
  • Fittykitty11
    Fittykitty11 Posts: 124
    Options
    6cfa16af-7b29-4194-9e6b-0a8899eaf72fwallpaper_zps1e1b813f.jpg

Long story short. He set it up to where my principal would call me into the office so that he and my father could sneak into my classroom. When I came back, my students were reading really quietly so I had assumed that another teacher had yelled at them. My father pops out from behind the bookshelf and my husband-to-be was standing at the front of the classroom with flowers and balloons. All of the team teachers were gathered at the door. He dropped to his knee and proposed. He gave all of my students ring pops. So there is a pic of the proposal, the boys with their ring pops proposing to me, and the girls wearing their rings on their ring fingers. It was amazing.
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    He knocked me up.
    [/quote

Oh I forgot to mention my headache was because I was knocked up too.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I got proposed to on our second date..and I said yes..we've been married 13 years next month.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    6cfa16af-7b29-4194-9e6b-0a8899eaf72fwallpaper_zps1e1b813f.jpg

Long story short. He set it up to where my principal would call me into the office so that he and my father could sneak into my classroom. When I came back, my students were reading really quietly so I had assumed that another teacher had yelled at them. My father pops out from behind the bookshelf and my husband-to-be was standing at the front of the classroom with flowers and balloons. All of the team teachers were gathered at the door. He dropped to his knee and proposed. He gave all of my students ring pops. So there is a pic of the proposal, the boys with their ring pops proposing to me, and the girls wearing their rings on their ring fingers. It was amazing.

That is great!! how cute!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.

I can't honestly blame him! You are "knock" worthy!
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :blushing: :smooched: